• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is the best handgun?

scorpioajr

imported post

diesel556 wrote:
billynair wrote:
Do you like ease of use and cleaning? Glock
Glock's are easy to clean as you say. The only issue I have with their (and a few other pistols) take down method is that you are required to press the trigger.
+1

My SIGMA takes down the exact same way as a GLOCK, and I too was a bit stand-offish about the whole "pull the trigger" thing. I end up LOVING the feature b/c it DEMANDS that you practice gun safety.

...I love gun safety/proper firearm handling.

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
+1

My SIGMA takes down the exact same way as a GLOCK, and I too was a bit stand-offish about the whole "pull the trigger" thing. I end up LOVING the feature b/c it DEMANDS that you practice gun safety.

...I love gun safety/proper firearm handling.
I can't say no to that.

However, if I had a choice between a Glock that did require a trigger press and one that did not I would not buy the one that did just because it would force me to practice gun safety.

In my opinion, all guns demand that you practice gun safety.

http://www.thegunzone.com/nd.html

yo101jimmy

imported post

The best hand gun is the one you can shoot and hit what you are aiming at! pretty much everything else was listed! come out on a shoot out I would be willing to let you fire a few rounds out of mine. see if you like that one! alot of guys here are with 1911's glock's sig's or XD's. we should try now its talking about getting warmer try a shoot out again!

b1ack5mith

imported post

grenade beats all... hands down :D just kiddin hahaha... but seriously it does beat guns...

i suggest you go to a range and try some out, or ask friends, etc.