• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Is The U.S. Constitution?

Repeater

imported post

Obamacare’s Constitutional Problems Proliferating

dees1.htm
cont_dees.jpg

As we’ve detailed before, the very core of the Senate health plan includes an unprecedented expansion of the power of the federal government over the lives of every American. For the first time in history, every American would be forced to buy federally regulated and approved health insurance or face a $750 fine. As the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) wrote in 1994: “A mandate requiring all individuals to purchase health insurance would be an unprecedented form of federal action. The government has never required people to buy any good or service as a condition of lawful residence in the United States.”

Alexcabbie

imported post

And, apropos to the thread, the Federal Government is NOT AUTHORIZED to provide food, clothing and shelter - save on an emergency basis - to common citizens, and it is certainly no authorizzed function of the Federal government to provide or guarantee such to all . If food, clothing and shelter are rights, then why in hell should anyone have to work to afford them? In fact, why should anyone have to work at all? And if nobody needs to work, how are we going to GET the food, clothing and shelter? By magic?

No, some elite Commisar will need to be appointed to assign people to tasks which they will perform or not eat. And the Commisar? Why his work is ordering people around from his desk, which is so important and stressful tht he needs a double share. Plus the nights get ccold and lonely so if you have a fetching 12-year-old daughter (or son?) well.....

That is the road you go down when you start declaring material goods and services to be "rights".

A little sample can be observed in this "Obamacare" nonsense. Boil it down and it reduces to this: You WILL buy health insurance, and the government will tell you what kind and how much. And if somebody cannot afford it and they can provide proof, then you WILL by God buy it for them, too. And the IRS will be used to snaatch your hard-earned pay to finance it all, except of course that the money is just tax, and if the elites who run the thing decide it would be better spent on - (fill in the blank) that is where it will go, and you don't even have a right to expect the value you paid in.

That is the case with Social Security, and this Obamacaare nonsense is more of the same. The weasels made sure the bill now being processed through the sausage factory made sure to have it originate as a tax bill in the house of representatives as required by the Constitution. Lovely. Now the American Gestapo known as the IRS will have their d---kskinners in your medical affairs AND your finances.

I have outlined this on my blog, available on my profile.

It is just too damned bad that so many Americans have been brainwashed into accepting a role of kindergarten student with the Federal government as the teacher saying "now, we must share". This is the Republic of the United States of America and not a :cuss:preschool for adults!!! DAMN IT.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Donkey wrote:
KansasMustang wrote:
The worst part of it is,,DONK WHY do you keep on supporting this group of slimeballs that have invaded our white house??? I cannot believe that anyone could be so blind, and deaf. Rahm Rambo deadfish Emmanuel uses dang gangster tactics, trust me I know from Chicago politics I was born in Cook County IL. These people will do anything to get there agenda through.
There's going to be hell to pay.
Keep your powder dry!

In fact, I generally support the agenda: health care for all; slowing global warming; reducing US dependence on foreign oil; the war in Afghanistan.

Guns is one exception: I just don't see the Prez getting any traction on it.

As for Mao, talk about bad taste: I wonder whether they would have given these community groups such latitude if they came back with baubles decorated with images of Hitler and Stalin.

Stupid. Just plain stupid.

Donky, I don't have any healthcare coverage and don't want anything to do with Obamacare. It's sole purpose, along with "Cap and Trade" is to destroy this countries economy and control our lives. I'll have none of it.

I just read an article about a Proffessor of Physics at Waterloo Univeristy who says that CO2 has nothing to do with climate change. He's found that cosmic rays and CFC's are to blame. He also predicts that we will see cooling for the next 50 years. I've read other reports from other scientists that ahve made similar predictions about the cooling in the range of about 2 to 3C below current average.

I'm for reducing our dependency on foriegn oil. Drill baby drill!

Afghanistan? Send in enough troops to thoroughly kick butt and get'er done. Take no prisoners.

WE gotta get the commies out of congress and the WH, ASAP.

Summit_Ace

imported post

Repeater wrote:
This essay was written by Timothy Baldwin at the Tenth Amendment Center.

1. A constitution does not create freedom. A constitution is created only to protect and secure freedom which already exists, ...

2. A constitution may be worthless to secure freedom. History proves this–even America’s history.

3. When a government breaches its limitations placed upon it by a constitution, (a) the government agent loses its trust to rule, (b) the powers delegated to it are reverted back to the creators of the constitution, and (c) the constitution becomes non-binding on those who created it.

4. Particular to the United States, the U.S. Constitution was voluntarily formed as a compact by existing sovereign states with existing state constitutions.

5. Constitutions can be destructive to freedom where the document itself is used against the people.

6. Constitutions can be dissolved by those who created it.

Before freedom will ever be restored, government will be limited, and the people will govern themselves, the sovereigns of the states must recognize that the U.S. Constitution is not the answer to our political and societal plight. Rather, it is the principles of freedom that provide the answer.

The time has come in America when to restore constitutional law and freedom in the STATES, the people of the states must begin looking internally to their own powers, sovereignty, self-defense, self-preservation, self-reliance and constitutions.
Let me tell you , when you start to research what your own personal sovereignty is, Two things will happen. You will feel very empowered when you realize the power you have as a sovereign. That the government was never meant to control you but you the government. That the "law" except in Common Law does not apply to you. You are the law. Second, you will become very angry at how far from this we have come. Our founding fathers would roll over in their graves if the saw what we have become today.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Summit_Ace wrote:
Repeater wrote:

1. A constitution does not create freedom. A constitution is created only to protect and secure freedom which already exists, ...

2. A constitution may be worthless to secure freedom. History proves this–even America’s history.

3. When a government breaches its limitations placed upon it by a constitution, (a) the government agent loses its trust to rule, (b) the powers delegated to it are reverted back to the creators of the constitution, and (c) the constitution becomes non-binding on those who created it.

4. Particular to the United States, the U.S. Constitution was voluntarily formed as a compact by existing sovereign states with existing state constitutions.

5. Constitutions can be destructive to freedom where the document itself is used against the people.

Before freedom will ever be restored, government will be limited, and the people will govern themselves, the sovereigns of the states must recognize that the U.S. Constitution is not the answer to our political and societal plight. Rather, it is the principles of freedom that provide the answer.

The time has come in America when to restore constitutional law and freedom in the STATES, the people of the states must begin looking internally to their own powers, sovereignty, self-defense, self-preservation, self-reliance and constitutions.
Let me tell you , when you start to research what your own personal sovereignty is, Two things will happen. You will feel very empowered when you realize the power you have as a sovereign. That the government was never meant to control you but you the government. That the "law" except in Common Law does not apply to you. You are the law. Second, you will become very angry at how far from this we have come. Our founding fathers would roll over in their graves if the saw what we have become today.

The sovereign individual can accomplish allot for themselves when they excercise their power (get off their ass) to do so. Providing, of course, that government stays out of the way.

We have too many people in this country that refuse to do for them selves or have been convinced by government that they can't.

My parents always told me that "can't" never did anything. They were right.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Summit_Ace wrote:
Repeater wrote:

Bing baba bam. Absolutely! The Founders never intended this, well most didn't. Power, authority, and privilege was meant to flow from the People to the states and then from the states to the federal government. We can clearly see this in several places within the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, so it is not a guess, assumption, or supposition. It is fact and it inclusion and intent was deliberate as part of the design. Period.

Essentially, most of what Washington is doing, and has been doing for a long time, is unconstitutional and therefore holds no power in law or authority. The states have every right to simply tell the feds to put it where the sun don't shine.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
The worst part of it is,,DONK WHY do you keep on supporting this group of slimeballs that have invaded our white house??? I cannot believe that anyone could be so blind, and deaf. Rahm Rambo deadfish Emmanuel uses dang gangster tactics, trust me I know from Chicago politics I was born in Cook County IL. These people will do anything to get there agenda through.
There's going to be hell to pay.
Keep your powder dry!

I also grew up in Cook County with the most corrupt political system known to man...the Daley/Cook County Democrat Machine! The political system that groomed and breadthe current occupant of the White House...he is part of theCook County Machine and just as corrupt as the Daleys themselves! Thank God I do not, and never will again, live in the Chicago area.

As to the OP:

This crap about the Constitution being a "living, breathing document" is just that....CRAP! The constitution isa STRICT set of guidelines for the powers granted to the government by us..."We the people." The founding fathers even put in place the propper mechanism to change what those powers are...by amending the Constitution. The founding fathers chose their words carefully...there are volumes written about exactly what they meant...written by the founding fathers themselves in letters and other scholarly writings...try reading the Federalist Papers for a good background on what they meant!

Benjamin Franklin emerged from the Constitutional Convention and a lady asked him, "Well, Mr. Franklin, what kind of government have you given us?" He did not say democracy. He replied, "Madam, we have given you a republic – if you can keep it." Yet, it is taught to every child in school that we live in a democracy, a completely different animal all together...even Senators and Congressmen...our elected representatives will say we live in a democracy...They're clueless!!!

Repeater

imported post

Summit_Ace wrote:
Repeater wrote:

A Sovereign Individual
The Sheeple

Which do you prefer? Now, which do the Authoritarians prefer?

There you are. Those in POWER will do everything they possibly can to maintain a nation of Sheeple.