• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Kind of Gun Do You Carry?

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Here's one of the targets I shot with my new .45
2010-04-08153734.jpg

Five shots at 25ft. Shoots like a dream. This is so my new carry piece.

hunter9mm

imported post

I (Just last week) switched holsters to the ITAC-Retention Roto Paddle Holsterand so far I really like them. I did find it takes a bit of practice to draw them straight out as not to bind though.

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

Jason in WI

imported post

My everyday carry. I'm looking to go with something smaller and cheaper to carry during the day at work, that I can bang up and get dirty without getting too upset over.

Xdm.jpg

vin_w88

imported post

Hey fellas. Not too sure if this thread is still active, I do apologize for my absence, I've had some family issues, and I moved from my old place to a different city. Of course, in celebration of my birthday, I just had to acquire something nice for myself. Here it is, my brand new Ruger SR9. I love it to death, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, there aren't any indoor ranges by where I live and the weather has been crappy since Friday when I picked her up.

vin_w88

imported post

And the last one I managed to snap before my cam's battery died. She's sitting in the Blackhawk! Serpa II holster I bought. It's super comfortable, super fast and does it's job very well!

icepik

imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
icepik wrote:
Finally decided to open up the box and set it all up for a photo op.

I think I'm running a bit low on ammo though, time to go buy more...lol

It's a .45 Auto Glock 21.

Kept snug in a Blackhawk Serpa 2 Holster that didn't make the photo cut.

Yes, all the boxes in the picture are full. The bag in the middle is 250 rounds of Federal Ammunition American Eagle, unopened as of yet.

All 5 mags hold 13 rounds.

In this picture, the Glock does not have a mag in it, but is normally kept loaded with the mag of Hollow Points.
attachment.php

if you don't mind me asking. isn't carrying ammo loose in a bag like that kinda risky??? wouldn't you be worried about them hitting each other and going off??? (i don't know how much force/pressure it takes to ignite ammo. i was just always taught to be just as careful with the ammo as with guns)
Sorry I totally missed your question...it got lost in the posts.

That bag of ammo is how it came. It's in a box also, but the plain cardboard box didn't look as pretty as all that shiny brass....

I've about doubled the ammo collection since this picture was taken too...maybe it's time for another updated picture.

:)