• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What time do you carry?

vegaspassat

Hey guys, I thought id bring this up again. After playing around with my (unloaded) gun i've come to find that 12:00 is the most comfortable position for me to conceal. Obviously having a loaded firearm pointed at my junk doesnt sit right with me, so i wanted your opinions on 1200 carry with a holster? I realize carrying in this position violates one of the cardinal rules, but if its in a holster shouldn't it be ok? I mean, I've seen shoulder rigs that point the barrel straight at whoever is behind you...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Many holsters point the gun at something that should not be destroyed. The rule applies when the gun is being handled. If you have an appropriate holster for the weapon type, the exact body part being pointed at shouldn't matter.

Appendix carry is quite popular, but a shot to the femoral artery is far more deadly than sewing back on your manhood.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
True enough, but the point is a safe gun in a safe holster doesn't matter what it is pointed at when not being, um, er, fondled.