• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What to say when people complain they are "uncomfortable" because of your gun?

solus

Clearly you're attributing those characterizations to the LGOC movement in Texas, snip...

This is freedom that I have personally seen and experienced.

You may sit in your homes in Virginia and North Carolina and deny until the cows come home, but the fact of the matter is that I'm living it and experiencing it, and I pity those that can't help but deny truths that upset their senses.

Whatever you believe about the practice of LGOC, the truth remains that the movement here in Texas, which began as a direct and precise protest to a specific instance of egregious tyranny, [and which is not and has never been designed or intended to ultimately incorporate regular LGOC into every day life,] has awakened tens of thousands dormant liberty fighters.

REALLY...you have such blinders on mate it is making you myopic and paranoid about your precious cause...

i HIGHLY recommend you re-read my post...NO WHERE did i mention anything about the misguided LGOC campaign, as stated and advocated by those who originally initiated the ill fated campaign in the first place and then publicly reversed course during the campaign.

you have experienced the freedom...really...you are personally OC'g in the lonestar state at this moment? then you are breaking the law unless it is an olde olde firearm on your side.

you are experiencing the freedom of OC'g WITHOUT benefit of a privilege card? then you must be visiting some place other than your home!

please, please stealth...live by your personal delusions you won freedoms; live by your future delusions the Texas legislature is going to eliminate the requirement for citizens will be able to OC WITHOUT being attached to the state's profit center ...but i know you will see the queen of hearts first before any of your delusions become real.

now watch as i remove my SD firearm i have OC'd w/o any type of permission document from the state, throughout the community i live, as i settle for the evening...

get a grip stealth...ratch-it-down a bit mate and find some glasses to correct your myopic perceptions...not everything said is a criticism directed towards you or scatterbrained scheme you believe is the Grail...

ipse

solus

After watching about two hours of police harassing legally open carrying citizens on Youtube, i began to wonder about a hypothetical situation. Lets say instead of a gun, the person walking around was smoking a cigarette. Should the police stop them considering over 443,000 people die prematurely from smoking or exposure to secondhand smoke each year, while the number that die from gun violence is far smaller than that? Lets also look at the fact that one has to be at least 18 years of age to use tobacco, should the police stop them to check their identification? If they attempt to detain legally carrying citizens (which is one of our constitutional rights) why are they not stopping something that is not considered to be one of our rights? How big of an uproar would it cause if they did stop everyone smoking to check their identification?

welcome, to the forum...

your hypothetical situation came true to a ny man allegedly selling illegal smokes and died during the ensuing struggle...

again welcome...

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This message has been deleted by solus.

Reason
well deserved personal insult so deleted it first.

I see what you did there.

OTOH - gotta love self-moderation, even when it is not quite 100%.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

REALLY...you have such blinders on mate it is making you myopic and paranoid about your precious cause...

i HIGHLY recommend you re-read my post...NO WHERE did i mention anything about the misguided LGOC campaign, as stated and advocated by those who originally initiated the ill fated campaign in the first place and then publicly reversed course during the campaign.

you have experienced the freedom...really...you are personally OC'g in the lonestar state at this moment? then you are breaking the law unless it is an olde olde firearm on your side.

you are experiencing the freedom of OC'g WITHOUT benefit of a privilege card? then you must be visiting some place other than your home!

please, please stealth...live by your personal delusions you won freedoms; live by your future delusions the Texas legislature is going to eliminate the requirement for citizens will be able to OC WITHOUT being attached to the state's profit center ...but i know you will see the queen of hearts first before any of your delusions become real.

now watch as i remove my SD firearm i have OC'd w/o any type of permission document from the state, throughout the community i live, as i settle for the evening...

get a grip stealth...ratch-it-down a bit mate and find some glasses to correct your myopic perceptions...not everything said is a criticism directed towards you or scatterbrained scheme you believe is the Grail...

ipse

You infuse your very denial with the very sentiments that you're denying. Get real dude. You act as though [lack of] a direct, named reference is indicative that you weren't talking about something. You then snip part of my post in your reply to try and conceal some of the incredible idiocy of your response (denial is irrelevant, it seems you choose that path solely for the purpose of hurling insults and being inflammatory, which is the behavior of a troll). And rather than any clarifying remarks whatsoever indicating what you might have actually been referring to in your post, if not the LGOC movement in Texas, you make no mention, further indicating that I was most likely correct and that the sole purpose of this response of yours is to lob additional provocation and insults.

(There have been circumstances where OC is legal in Texas, including modern weapons, or even modern handguns in limited circumstances, but clearly I was not referring to that specific freedom.

Yes, without a license, I enjoyed the freedom that I referenced.)

You are so constantly intentionally inflammatory, insulting, and ignorant, I again have no choice but to plop you in the bucket labelled "trolls"

Apparently you think you can be as insulting, ignorant, and inflammatory as you want as long as you try and conceal it beneath nearly incomprehensible grammar.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This thread has drifted entirely too far off topic = What to say when people complain they are "uncomfortable" because of your gun?"

Lately the principal conversation has centered around long gun carry which is generally not a suitable topic for discussion on OCDO - see Forum Rule #14:

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control and lack of trigger guard coverage, we cannot support long gun open carry.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Back on topic please.