• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What took CeaseFire so long to exploit L. Sammamish shooting?

Hendo

If the license was recognized in all 50 states, for what specific state laws should the person trained?

Should a person be trained for use of their First Amendment rights before they are allowed to exercise them?

Requiring training for the free exercise of a right granted by our Creator and guaranteed by the Constitution is rediculous.

What you are proposing is more restrictive than what presently exists. Why do you want to do that? I carried a firearm in North Carolina several months ago, both open and concealed. Washington State requires no training; North Carolina recognizes Washington States CPL, and no license is required to open carry. Why would you want to impose more restrictions?

Gun laws don't work! Bad guys don't obey them. Why do you want to impose more laws on law abiding citizens?

I agree that training is wonderful. I've taken many courses, and I have more planned. But, how would you get bad guys to seek the required training? Oh, that's right. They don't have to get any training because they don't abide by laws anyway.

Good grief!

I understand your perspective and that you are not alone. I also hear that you think training is wonderful but should not be required. Got it. While I hold ideals as well I also try to live in the world as it is. This may not be about what bad guys do or don't do. we all know that. It could be about a discussion about what would you be willing to trade for a CPL recognized anywhere.
Anyone else - ideas?

1245A Defender

reciprocity

I understand your perspective and that you are not alone. I also hear that you think training is wonderful but should not be required. Got it. While I hold ideals as well I also try to live in the world as it is. This may not be about what bad guys do or don't do. we all know that. It could be about a discussion about what would you be willing to trade for a CPL recognized anywhere.
Anyone else - ideas?

ive often wondered how an "optional", addition of recognized firearms training, might allow additional states to accept our CPL.
other states might also accept our CPL with the "optional" addition of registration, of a specific gun.
remember, im only talking about "optional" additions to our CPL, additions you could choose to add to your CPL, that would add states that accept your CPL.

naturally, i would prefer Constitutional carry in all 50 states and DC!!!!!

onlurker

The attached document is fromt he Washington Dept of health. It lists numbers of deaths in Washington State by cause from 1998 - 2007.

Interesting, the rate of suicide with a firearm is higher than the rate of homocide by firearm. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to hang onto that document, there are a lot of interesting statistics I'd like to pass around.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Quote of the day--Ralph Fascitelli

Have you seen his latest quote?

http://blog.joehuffman.org/2010/07/31/QuoteOfTheDayRalphFascitelli.aspx

Let's make our parks gun-free zones where families can gather with peace of mind without the worry of sudden death to innocent loved ones (and let's have our park rangers make spot checks to ensure that no one does indeed have a gun in their possession).

Ralph Fascitelli
President of the board for Washington Ceasefire.
Sammamish park shooting underlines need for gun control
[It doesn't matter that the people doing the shooting were affiliated with gangs? And if they were engaged in illegal activities, such as assault and battery they aren't "victims".

Make our parks gun-free zones? Yeah. Right.

"Gun-free zones" like Virginia Tech, Columbine, Fort Hood, Chicago, and Washington D.C.?

And since we are violating the Washington State Constitution and the Second Amendment we might as well violate the Fourth Amendment while we are at it. Or how about this--since they don't have a problem violating specific enumerated rights how about we make it illegal for their anti-rights organization to exist? Or for illegal for people to advocate the violation of specific enumerated rights?--Joe]