• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What would you do if this happened to YOU?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
^ Do you not believe we should have police? Just curious.

I think police play a role in modern society, but it needs to be scaled back down, and the militerization of police needs to be stopped and there needs to be a wholescale change in many departments and states etc. withpolice mentality and what their place in society is. This is not the fault of individual police but with the authorities who use them for their bidding and the public for letting them.

What many folks don't get is that the law is in the hands of the people not the "authorities" and this is how our constitution is written.

Policing has become an "industry" and academies pump out more than 40,000 officers a year in the U.S., Why? Crime overall is down, our population is not exploding, and it costs public money to train and keep officers and we are in bad economical times.

From your comments Aaron it looks like you will be a good officer, hopefully you won't succomb to the brotherhood mentality and the peer pressure put upon you.

That being said I have freinds who are police officers, actually if you are training in this state you will meet one. They are good guys and most officers are but the system in the way it is structured is too attractive to those who are on power trips for one reason or another.

CommonMan101

imported post

bomber wrote:
CommonMan101 wrote:
The very real risk of being wrong and spending your life in prison or being shot keeps oathkeepers from upholding their sworn oaths and end upjust "following orders"- JMO.

well then what good is their oath if they aren't willing to risk anything? even if they were within the law to disobey an unlawful order, they will still face retribution. laws matter very little to those in power.

this is why i put no faith in "oathkeepers" or any other person sword to uphold the law. they just have too much to lose by standing up for their "convictions"[/quote]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read the next post I had after that. I addressed how that can be dealt with. No opinion on that? I'd only be repeating it to respond to your post.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Not when they do the things they do to us SUBJECTS on a daily basis ((( Militarized police which full auto, no knock warrants, killing dogs infront of little kids, shooting guys in the back while they sit on their motorcycles ))), etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc...............on and on and on and on............. They should be stripped of the majority of their powers, the Police are a lawless bunch of Government thugs, enforcers & tax collectors.

The police have the power of life and death over us...thats TOO MUCH POWER !

or do you enjoy NOT BEING FREE ? :banghead:

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

I lived in Mount Pleasant, SC for H. Hugo. I CCW'd continuously.

My daughter went traveling with her g'parents in their motorhome. My X-OL went to a business conference, departing early with a dufflebag of dirty laundry and staying on after the conference.

I stayed home with the cat, the camping food and a TV powered by the sailboat's 100 AH battery. I cleaned my yard, then worked on the neighbors' and then ran a chainsaw for two weeks until the family returned.

We were without power for a total of six weeks. Never without telephone, even at the heights of the storm. Boiled water for a couple of weeks. The sailboat was undamaged but the marina a couple of miles from the boat was destroyed.

The mayor of Isle of Palms gave orders to the SCARNG to shoot people swimming to their island homes. A good friend visited his Sullivans Island home without incident - at night.

IIRC there was one looter shot in the south county.

I was still working but it was about a month before the shipyard was repaired enough for engineers to go back to work. Some anecdotes; each ship project had a waterfront office in a trailer that, after the storm, featured a chassis and floor with a big government fireproof security safe sitting in the middle of no walls. One of the submarines let out its mooring lines and submerged pierside and snorkeled until the storm passed - undamaged (that may have been user rcawdor57's 671 Narwhal).

Aaron1124

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
Not when they do the things they do to us SUBJECTS on a daily basis ((( Militarized police which full auto, no knock warrants, killing dogs infront of little kids, shooting guys in the back while they sit on their motorcycles ))), etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc...............on and on and on and on............. They should be stripped of the majority of their powers, the Police are a lawless bunch of Government thugs, enforcers & tax collectors.

There's a difference between having the weapons and skills if needed, and actually using them out of line.

I can break your list down in two different categories.

Full Autos, "killing dogs" (as you put it)

And then

Shooting guys in the back while they sit on their motorcycles, and no knock warrants.

You see, the 2nd category is when they cross they line. I believe that very well should be as armed as they want to be to deal with potential violent situations.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:

There's a difference between having the weapons and skills if needed, and actually using them out of line.

And then

Shooting guys in the back while they sit on their motorcycles, and no knock warrants.

You see, the 2nd category is when they cross they line. I believe that very well should be as armed as they want to be to deal with potential violent situations.
well, that's where you and I agree to disagree. but you are also saying that your ok with the governments new standing army, why do you think they are Militarizing the police ? ( giving them FULL AUTO machine guns 50 Cal long range sniper rifles & paying for their tacticool black military style uniforms ) so they can be used against the people at a time of their choosing. your local police depts are now nothing but reserve government garrisons, that's why they are armed like they are & that's why their are as many police officers as their are.. the Green Bay PD & Brown county Sheriffs Dept has something like 600 + officers/deputies & more are added every year. You pay your taxes so they can hire more people to make sure you don't get out of line, well I don't know about you, but to me that don't sound like FREEDOM, but it does sound a lot like Subjugation & Totalitarianism.

Aaron1124

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:

And then

well, that's where you and I agree to disagree. but you are also saying that your ok with the governments new standing army, why do you think they are Militarizing the police ? ( giving them FULL AUTO machine guns 50 Cal long range sniper rifles & paying for their tacticool black military style uniforms ) so they can be used against the people at a time of their choosing. your local police depts are now nothing but reserve government garrisons, that's why they are armed like they are & that's why their are as many police officers as their are.. the Green Bay PD & Brown county Sheriffs Dept has something like 600 + officers/deputies & more are added every year. You pay your taxes so they can hire more people to make sure you don't get out of line, well I don't know about you, but to me that don't sound like FREEDOM, but it does sound a lot like Subjugation & Totalitarianism.
We may just have to agree to disagree. I am fully aware who pays for it, and I honestly do not have a problem with it, as long as it's being used for the right reasons, and as long as private citizens can be *just* as armed as the police force. I know that's not the case, but I'd rather see the citizens having the capabilities of being just as armed, just for these specific cases where the police do act out of line. I don't believe they should act if a private citizen simply "gets out of line" - but rather engages more serious offenses. There are numerous crimes where the police's weaponry and training would be needed. Hostage rescue, barricaded and dangerous fugitives, domestic terrorism, and many more things that they're specifically trained to handle. As long as they're going after the actual bad guy rather than busting in and raiding a house, drawing on children and shooting animals for a minor marijuana possession. I believe the government simply needed to re assess their priorities.

bomber

imported post

Nikki_Black wrote:
bomber wrote:
CommonMan101 wrote:
The very real risk of being wrong and spending your life in prison or being shot keeps oathkeepers from upholding their sworn oaths and end up just "following orders" - JMO.

well then what good is their oath if they aren't willing to risk anything? even if they were within the law to disobey an unlawful order, they will still face retribution. laws matter very little to those in power.

this is why i put no faith in "oathkeepers" or any other person sword to uphold the law. they just have too much to lose by standing up for their "convictions"

Bomber, you seem familiar. Are you a member of HPFF?[/quote]

shhhhh

bomber

imported post

CommonMan101 wrote:
Read the next post I had after that. I addressed how that can be dealt with. No opinion on that? I'd only be repeating it to respond to your post.

its not going to happen. that is my opinion.

Cobra469

imported post

as long as private citizens can be *just* as armed as the police force

Yeah about that. Do you realize how difficult it is to be "*just* as armed as the police"? While it is not impossible neither is it so simple. It requires a tax stamp and a whole legal mess to be "allowed" to purchase a full auto weapon. That is IF your state will even allow it. So for all those Californians who can't have Hi-cap magazines or fully auto weapons then what? Oh yeah they have to succumb to the brutality of the police.

"but I'd rather see the citizens having the capabilities of being just as armed, just for these specific cases where the police do act out of line."

And having the same amount of fire power will help us how in this matter? Oh yeah defend ourselves and either get killed or get life sentences. Regardless of how "out of line" an officer acts we have no recourse other than to document it and hope that there are either witnesses that will stand by it or that it is recorded because our word is never as strong as an officer who may or may not have committed any wrong doing. I'm not trying to advocate either way as I have my own opinions I prefer to keep to myself. But I do want to point out the flawed thinking that we have any choices in how to deal with the few (more in some areas)rotten officers who abuse their power and act in unlawful or otherwise out of control behaviors. And if you don't think it happens you should see a Milwaukee Police party.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Cobra469 wrote:
as long as private citizens can be *just* as armed as the police force

Yeah about that. Do you realize how difficult it is to be "*just* as armed as the police"? While it is not impossible neither is it so simple. It requires a tax stamp and a whole legal mess to be "allowed" to purchase a full auto weapon. That is IF your state will even allow it. So for all those Californians who can't have Hi-cap magazines or fully auto weapons then what? Oh yeah they have to succumb to the brutality of the police.

"but I'd rather see the citizens having the capabilities of being just as armed, just for these specific cases where the police do act out of line."

And having the same amount of fire power will help us how in this matter? Oh yeah defend ourselves and either get killed or get life sentences. Regardless of how "out of line" an officer acts we have no recourse other than to document it and hope that there are either witnesses that will stand by it or that it is recorded because our word is never as strong as an officer who may or may not have committed any wrong doing. I'm not trying to advocate either way as I have my own opinions I prefer to keep to myself. But I do want to point out the flawed thinking that we have any choices in how to deal with the few (more in some areas)rotten officers who abuse their power and act in unlawful or otherwise out of control behaviors. And if you don't think it happens you should see a Milwaukee Police party.
I see the big RESET happening soon, within the next 5 years..iF THINGS DON'T CHANGE DRASTICALLY. The people are getting tired of being treated horribly by the .gov. It's going to happen, how it starts I don't know...but be ready...Stock pile Arms & Ammunition

bomber

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
I see the big RESET happening soon, within the next 5 years..iF THINGS DON'T CHANGE DRASTICALLY. The people are getting tired of being treated horribly by the .gov.   It's going to happen, how it starts I don't know...but be ready...Stock pile Arms & Ammunition

what does "reset" mean?:question:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bomber wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
I see the big RESET happening soon, within the next 5 years..iF THINGS DON'T CHANGE DRASTICALLY. The people are getting tired of being treated horribly by the .gov. It's going to happen, how it starts I don't know...but be ready...Stock pile Arms & Ammunition

read between the lines...think Paul Revere , Thomas Jefferson & 1776

soon it will be time to begin again.
From time to time the tree of liberty needs to be refreshed.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bomber wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

That's the button I hit on my computer whenever I see a post from Glock34.......:p:lol::lol::lol::lol:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
bomber wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

That's the button I hit on my computer whenever I see a post from Glock34.......:p:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:what:...........:lol::lol::lol::lol: good one