• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what would you do "lost"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHCGRPR45

You're not going to convince those that believe they have no moral obligation to their fellow man.

BTW, OP had a little six shot 380, which is hard to see from a moving vehicle.

Don't draw unless your going to shoot. Don't shoot unless its for effect.

Agreed. And a .380ACP is woefully inadequate for penetration shots, auto glass and sheet metal are going to soak up an awful lot of the rounds energy. But as a bug or a belly gun it can work and be useful, even though its considered the smallest round acceptable for self defense. .9mm 9x19 is better and can be had in the same size as many .380acp guns. .38 special is a good round and if you can afford it a small .357 magnum is a great backup.

I believe that to help our fellow man is a good and noble thing, but I have my limits.

Then where do you remember it from? If it's something that someone made up, it is just that--something that someone made up. It's not true.

Let me offer a clue: if it conflicts with what the Bible says (which is where we learn about God) you can be pretty sure it's not true. :)

So what about evolution vs. creationism? And pregnancy without sex in humans? Well at least when mary was doing her trade way back in time. I am going to take heat for that, so I am going to get my fire gear now.

Thank God for the Bible thumpers.

Even if they do get the quotes mixed up and a little out of context.

Finally something we agree on.

My favorite quote taken out of context is the one about selling your cloak and buying two swords.

I once saw a naked man in Iraq with a sword, does that count??:confused:

NHCGRPR45

ever think at 3am in this empty parking lot, this was a coordinated sexual exercise, such as kidnap & bondage role play activity, and everyone involved were consenting adults and active participants?

I am sure the drawing or sight of guns from passerbys let alone ramming vehicles might have put a damper on their activities...hummm!!

just a thought from the heathen side of the real world...

wabbit

ps: only thing the police will do if ppl witness and complain is, if anything, is charge the participants w/disturbing the peace...

Getting shot would be a definate damper on the excitement, but I hope when they were comfronted they would quickly try to explain the hair pulling while a MWAG is pointing it at them. Or it could ,make it better? Who knows??

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

I love that one... I get a vision of them all running around naked with scimitars.

Or how about the one... "Money is the root of all evil.?" If that were true, nothing good could be done with money.

And the ones that like to quote it so much never take poisons or play with poisonous serpents. But they can sure speak in tounges for some reason. Just sayin'...

Cloak = Overcoat!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloak

So, they would still have their undergarments.

The sword that 2 of the disciples carried was most likely a Jewish Short Sword only meant for Personal Protection like the following example (Greek Version):

A000045.jpg

Aknazer

To the OP, All I can say is you are the only one there that could make the choice so I am not going to quarterback your decision... However sell your gun and get something you are comfortable with or practice more and I am not trying to knock you but your lack of confidence with your choice of carry weapon is a little disturbing. I practice a lot and carry a S&W bodyguard 380 and I have never looked at it as leaving me undergunned but I am very capable with it. Get something your able to use and trust your life with.

I typically carry an XDm 40 but I have occasionally carried a 380 in the past. I would feel far more comfortable stepping into a situation with my 40 than with the 380. While I trust the 380 to defend me from a criminal that is in my face, I would not trust it in a situation that the OP described. Between the low round count (6+1), accuracy issues due to having a sub 3" barrel, and overall weak stopping power I simply wouldn't feel comfortable stepping into a situation as the OP described. With my 40 I probably would, but not with my 380 and it all has to do with the limitations of the gun.

PDinDetroit

I would carry one of those also! Some are more intimidated by a blade than a gun!

My choice:

ctk3006sb.jpg

Features a 12-3/4" blade, made from 420HC high carbon surgical quality stainless steel. Blade is heat treated and annealed to approximately 53 Rockwell. Every edge is hand finished and polished to razor sharpness.

POSZEGRIP HANDLES are made of a special Santoprene for strength and just the right amount of softness to provide a true cushioned grip. All the molded handles have a non-slip texture, feature a full tang construction and a metal lanyard eyelet that passes through the tang for added strength.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Full Tang Fixed Blade
Blade Material: 420HC
Blade Detail: Plain Edge
Blade Finish: Blasted Satin
Handle Material: Santoprene
Carry System: Leather Sheath
Blade Length: 12-3/4"
Overall Length: 18"

VW_Factor

I carry for myself and my loved ones. I am most certainly not going to jump into the middle of something that has nothing to do with me. The minute you do, you make yourself a target. We try our best to not be targeted by anyone wishing us harm. We are human though, and have compassion for others.

That aside. 911, and try to follow. Sure, they will discourage you from following, or doing anything. Again, if someone has broken into your home, they'll tell you to put your gun down and hide in a closet and/or lock your bedroom door. Its scripted BS is what it is. They've broken into your home, you think a locked indoor hollow door is going to stop them? psshhh..

I think tactically its the best thing you could do without outwardly making yourself a target. I am sure I would speak for most anyone here. None of us want to have to resort to defending our lives, however we understand one day it MAY happen.

wrightme

In rvd's account of the facts as he knew them it is a very high likely hood that a felony of some type was in the offing so the use of force would have to be judged reasonable for the situation. Not just by him but a jury of his peers. Also I am not sure the good samaritan law would cover the use of deadly force. Deadly force when used to protect someone else is justified but it still has to meet the standard as set down in MI law. I believe that the good samaritan law is relegated only to medical situations. But I will admit my knowledge of this is a bit lacking as it pertains to deadly force used to protect a second or third party. Other states have diffrent standards.

Also its not blanket coverage against liabillity. If found to be horribly negligent you can still get in serious trouble.

NOTE: It isn't relevant, because GS law typically isn't to protect a citizen from liability in the intent to commit harm, but to protect a citizen from liability in the intent to commit help.

Good Samaritan law as 'cited' in Seinfeld, AFAIK, does not exist. Citing it is completely irrelevant.

I know of NO statute requiring ANY person to prevent harm to another unknown person. That is a choice for each person to make for themselves, and their abilities, and their understanding of events. A decision to not use deadly force in instances such as described by the OP isn't 'wrong.'

wrightme

My apologies, then. I don't typically dine at McDonalds, and certainly not at 3:00 AM.

I'm more a Burger King kind of guy, with a day job.

Never assume your reader is in possession of facts outside your narrative.

Yet you continue to assume 'facts' that haven't been presented, if they help you cut down others.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Yet you continue to assume 'facts' that haven't been presented, if they help you cut down others.

Now what did I do? I quit 'assuming' that the OP was telling the whole story a long time ago. Every time, it seemed to change, with new 'details' emerging regularly....kind of like nailing jello to a tree, it just won't stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.