• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What would you do? (Scenario)

eye95

imported post

Ironic how he misuses his God-given right to speak and advises us not to misuse our God-given right to self-defense.

hopnpop

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Ironic how he misuses his God-given right to speak and advises us not to misuse our God-given right to self-defense.
First, allow me to make a slight correction.... he misused his God-given right to speak and advised us.....
He's not using this type of language any longer, let me assure you! :lol:

Secondly, I think you're absolutely rightin what you're saying. He, and every outspoken anti-gunner parade under the 1st Amendment to squash the 2nd Amendment.... All the while, they must know that it was the 2nd Amendment that allows them the 1st.

With 2nd Amendment:
triniti.gif
+ :cuss:= :cool:

Without 2nd Amendment: :cuss:=
hang3.gif

bomber

imported post

Mr.FiredUp wrote:
Ok. Let's take away the idiot statement as it is a matter of opinion. However, you can't deny that his statements are emotionally based and lacking logical argument. A statement like...

*"God didn't give you the right to carry a gun so you could get drunk on Sunday night and kill your family."*

...sounds awful "Brady-esque" to me.

*stars placed around the quote due to the fact that I'm not sure if that is an exact quote and I'm not going to watch the trash (my opinion) again to double check (although I know it's darn close).*

yeah but he is a comedian. comedians routinely use hyperbole for comedic effect.

i dont really care, i dont have to defend or agree with him on every point. i own weapons because i like to and because i may need them one day. i don't care if it is a "right" that is recorded on an old piece of paper or not, because when the time comes, the people that own this country can pretty much create or deny any "right" they want to. i don't delude myself into believing that my rights come from god and can't be taken away. I know the nature of governments and power and that it only serves as a "right" until they feel like taking it away. same with the "right" to free speech, the "right" to a fair trial, etc. its all just words on paper. i dont expect other people to look out for me and my interests, because at the end of the day, no one really gives a f*** about me. and i dont expect them to. I handle my own affairs the best i can and i take care of myself. i derive my rights from within myself and i will exercise them until i am unable to do so.

carlin's point is that nobody has any real "rights" as defined by documents like the constitution. they are just made up. anyone with power can take them away, as evidenced by the internment of the japanese. putting your faith in other people - especially government -only results in dissappointment.

Mr.FiredUp

imported post

bomber wrote:
Mr.FiredUp wrote:
Ok. Let's take away the idiot statement as it is a matter of opinion. However, you can't deny that his statements are emotionally based and lacking logical argument. A statement like...

*"God didn't give you the right to carry a gun so you could get drunk on Sunday night and kill your family."*

...sounds awful "Brady-esque" to me.

*stars placed around the quote due to the fact that I'm not sure if that is an exact quote and I'm not going to watch the trash (my opinion) again to double check (although I know it's darn close).*

yeah but he is a comedian. comedians routinely use hyperbole for comedic effect.

i dont really care, i dont have to defend or agree with him on every point. i own weapons because i like to and because i may need them one day. i don't care if it is a "right" that is recorded on an old piece of paper or not, because when the time comes, the people that own this country can pretty much create or deny any "right" they want to. i don't delude myself into believing that my rights come from god and can't be taken away. I know the nature of governments and power and that it only serves as a "right" until they feel like taking it away. same with the "right" to free speech, the "right" to a fair trial, etc. its all just words on paper. i dont expect other people to look out for me and my interests, because at the end of the day, no one really gives a f*** about me. and i dont expect them to. I handle my own affairs the best i can and i take care of myself. i derive my rights from within myself and i will exercise them until i am unable to do so.

carlin's point is that nobody has any real "rights" as defined by documents like the constitution. they are just made up. anyone with power can take them away, as evidenced by the internment of the japanese. putting your faith in other people - especially government -only results in dissappointment.
That's exactly why I put faith in the constitution and the second amendment. Because they exist to give us recourse from an oppressive government. And that "old piece of paper" was designed to make sure our inherent rights (A right that exists by reason of an individual's status as an individual and is not derived from any other source) would not be infringed upon. Whether you believe you have these rights as an individual because you were created by God, a big bang, or just crawled out of a pool of muck one day, you have these rights and they are inherent (built-in: existing as an essential constituent or characteristic). The constitution did not give them to us. They were already ours.

Has the constitution been bastardized and our rights infringed? Yes. Does that mean we don't still have those rights inherently? No. That's why we should fight to keep and protect our rights and honor the constitution. That is a very large reason I open carry. It is a non-violent statement that I make daily to let everyone know how I feel about my rights and my fervent desire to keep them protected.

bomber

imported post

i believe in people very little. i believe in paper and words even less.

open4years

imported post

The only thing I can add is to install, or have installed, an alarm system. You can purchase easy to install wireless systems at affordable prices. I've installed two, one at my house and one at my Mom's house.

There is no monthly fee, yet it will call 911 and several other numbers, if you wish. In the meantime, buy some signs that state you have an alarm system. Usually bad guys like easy targets, so the sign itself will be a determent.

Personally, I like the advantage of knowing where they entered my house. Motion sensors indicate their location in real time.

MSG me and I will give you a website that sells systems at low prices. You can start off with just door alarms and add window and motion sensors, extra sirens, etc.

My answer is no, I wouldn't have shot him in the back.