• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's the latest news on HB 5225?

Bronson

So basically we are at exactly where I said we would be at. Gun owners being their own worst enemy.... nothing ever improving in this state.... one of 4 states stuck with registration.

Who needs the Brady Campaign in Michigan when we actually have gun owners who can do their job for them.

Pretty much, yeah.

Bronson

Haman J.T.

HB 5225 was passed and I emailed my Dem Rep Lesia Liss and thanked her for voting to pass it!I thanked her for helping to releive the tremendous burden placed on law abiding citizens ability to exercise their Art.1 Sec.6 Rights by prior legislators!You can get info on the Michiganvotes.org web site.It lists who voted for and against,you can click on the Reps name and it provides email info etc.! CARRY ON!

TheQ

And now there is another thread of ppl upset it passed. I hope this shows why MOC was neutral. Some gun carriers of good conscious love the bill. Others of equally good conscious hate the bill.

Last edited:

michaelm_ski

Hb 5225

Now is the time for us to thank our reps and make sure to let them know that we appreciate them working for us and not against us , If they keep working for the people maybe we can get more of our rights and privileges back instead of losing them at an alarming rate .:D

spartywrx

In order to fulfill my life long passion of swatting hornet nests with baseball bats I joined up to post this over here

Most people here are over on ar15.com and MGO and may have seen my thread(s) on this bill. I also met some of you at the constitutional carry rally (the guy with a tigers hat with a bag passing out flyers). I wanted to make sure as many eyeballs in Michigan get to see my mailer system. I'm asking you to support this bill and to contact the Senate Judiciary Committee and ask them to vote yes on this bill. I understand the arguments regarding the GFSZA but I don't think the answer to crappy federal legislation is registration of all handguns.

1.) Click this link to fill out a form to send an email to the committee and enter your name in support of the bill with the committee.

http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/Co5e23UTgh7

2.) If you want to send a unique email or call the committee, click the link below to see their contact information.

http://www.senate.michigan.gov/committee/judiciary.shtm

So far we have over ~120 individuals contact the committee to express their support for the bill.

3. If you're interested you can read the NRA's opinion of the bill here
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/s...-to-purchase-and-registration.aspx?s=&st=&ps=

Last edited: