• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where In KY Are You OCing

kywildcat581

imported post

All over Louisville, Walmarts, Circle K's.. Cracker Barrel for a long time... Many other places... Some people avoid Louisville because it's the big city and there may be trouble... sure okay.. I am not concerned and I have spoken with many LEO while carrying openly in the middle of stores, just chit chat (I have kids) and I have not gotten any trouble from them at all... Come on Louisville... we have more people by population than any other part of the state .. here is where we can make the difference

APGHunter

imported post

I also carry in Floyd County, and all surrounding areas. I havent had any trouble with Johnson County, not there much though.

ToniDaTyga

imported post

I live in Louisville in Jefferson County. I have OC'd in the Hikes point area and on Bardstown Road where I've walked my dog. I haven't had any problems thus far. I've included a pic of how I normally present myself.

ToniDaTyga

imported post

Shell Station Bardstown Road and Hillcrest in the Highlands (Jefferson County). Walked in and made a purchase with no problems. No sign on the door prohibiting either.

:celebrate

rescue743

imported post

Madison County, Pulaski County, Wayne County, Rockcastle County, No problems. Clinton County you run into a little bit of a problem if they know you are under 21 but they now you are 18 over.

Unfettered Might

imported post

Shepherdsville, Taylorsville, Louisvillle (Fern Creek and Portland areas), but mostly in the Mt Washington area where I live. Which local residents and LE seem to be quite at peace with the idea. Not one single person in this town has ever had a negative remark nor have any stores forbid me entry with it. One time I had a LEO tail me and run my plate long enough to see I wasn't a felon and he went on his way. Twice I've crossed paths with LEOs that I'm sure saw my iron and not a peep.

The right is respected in Mt Washington for sure.

Ivan Sample

imported post

I live here in Louisville, Ky and I open carry in the area of Factory Ln and Taylor Blvd with no problem. I also have a CCDW permit to which is great. Makes things alot easier.:lol:

v8shoguy

imported post

I OC whenever I leave the house, all over the East End of Louisville (Middletown, J-Town, Lyndon, St. Matthews, Anchorage, etc.), occasionally in the Highlands and haven't had any problems in Metro since my 6-police-car WalMart stop in Middletown. Guess that training the officers got after that incident worked!

Ivan Sample

imported post

I opened carry at Big O's tire in middletown, ky when I was getting my vehicle work on. I had people look at me but they didn't say anything. Because I conducted myself in a perfessional way. Really when you do open carry its all about conducting yourself in a perfessional way. No one wants to see someone act a fool with a gun on their hip. :dude:

neuroblades

imported post

I was recently in Sound House Music, a musical instrument store in Pikeville, I encounterd no less than 3 other guys in OC! Not a word was said and one of the guys was a security officer! :)

Ivan Sample

imported post

Thats good that we are out there open carrying and letting the people know that we are law abiding citizens including law enforcement officer. By the way Kentucky is a great place to live.:D