• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who guards the Constitution?

OC for ME

We the people have seceded our power to the feds via the state governments. A carefull study of how the constitution came about is what must be considered. The constitution was ratified by only 13 states, the other 44 states had no say in the matter. If there is any remedy to federal over reach it must come from the 57 states and their state houses. Unfortunately there are few willing to be bothered by the feds and their tyranny unless/until the check stops being delivered.

OC for ME

We the people have seceded our power to the feds via the state governments. A careful study of how the constitution came about is what must be considered. The constitution was ratified by only 13 states, the other 44 states had no say in the matter. If there is any remedy to federal over reach it must come from the 57 states and their state houses. Unfortunately there are few willing to be bothered by the feds and their tyranny unless/until the check stops being delivered.
Consider this, if the constitution were put to the states today would it be ratified? Would the BoR look as it looks today? Would there be 10 amendments in the BoR?

Alpine

Some nut bag and his radio-jock entertainer friends are trying to advance the idea of an Article V Constitutional Convention. If they succeed then I doubt we'll recognize the outcome as a nation, let alone a republic, let alone a democratic republic, let alone a democracy.

If you are talking about Mark Levin and his new book, the Liberty Amendments, he is far from a "nut bag." He is a distinguished attorney with his own law firm that pursues Constitutional law issues as well as being a former Chief of Staff to the Attorney General under Reagan.

Maybe you should actually READ the book before denouncing it in such terms. Many of the Amendments proposed would make common sense, as would a balanced budget Amendment and Amendment to include electronic data in the 4th's protections.

As for an Article V state's convention producing unwanted results, the alternative is to continue to have administrations like Obama's that flatly ignore the Constitution with the excuse that it's vaguely worded and they are following their own interpretation of it. 100 years of progressive manipulation and statist twisting have created legal fog all around the Constitution so clarifications are necessary unless you want decades more of lawlessness.

Alpine

I'll check out Popper but my point was that Levin is not the average radio jock, he is an attorney and long-time Constitutional scholar and always very thoughtful. As for my opinion of him, it's not like I'm in love with the guy, just that it's very hard to find someone on the radio or TV anymore who is smart and knows their stuff and is an actual professional and not just some entertainment personality.
His point is that if we do not explicitly amend the Constitution to say things like "Do X" or "do not do X" on 21st century language, that Progressives like Obama will continue to ignore the Constitution while claiming they are acting within their "interpretation of it."

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

May be I am naive but I thought the Supreme Court Justices were the protectors of OUR Constitution. However we are the protectors of our OWN rights afforded under the Constitution.

CCJ

sudden valley gunner

That lawyer Mark Levine cant even defend his own anti constitutional stances. He has been challenged by Tom Woods to a debate. He has not answered back although he continually tries to bash this historians accurate portrayal of the constitution.

OC for ME

Before he enters the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States[strike].[/strike]?"
I do believe that your version is somewhat different than the one used by Obama on two occasions. If you look real close to video it seems that his fingers are crossed, the ones on the bible that is.

OC for ME

I'll check out Popper but my point was that Levin is not the average radio jock, he is an attorney and long-time Constitutional scholar and always very thoughtful. As for my opinion of him, it's not like I'm in love with the guy, just that it's very hard to find someone on the radio or TV anymore who is smart and knows their stuff and is an actual professional and not just some entertainment personality.
His point is that if we do not explicitly amend the Constitution to say things like "Do X" or "do not do X" on 21st century language, that Progressives like Obama will continue to ignore the Constitution while claiming they are acting within their "interpretation of it."
The Founders could've written "Nancy Pelousy, and her ilk, shall not infringe on the right to keep and bear arms cuz they will be liberals and we hate liberals." will not stop liberals form doing what liberals do, ignore the constitution.

Alpine

The Founders could've written "Nancy Pelousy, and her ilk, shall not infringe on the right to keep and bear arms cuz they will be liberals and we hate liberals." will not stop liberals form doing what liberals do, ignore the constitution.

It's better than doing nothing. Clearly electing more RINOs isn't working. Years of GOP rule under Bush proved that. Amending the Constitution would be the final line in the sand. If you explicitly amend the Constitution to say "Do not do X" in 21st century language, and they still do it, then all bets are off.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Where in the Constitution as it was originally ratified are the people bound to anything?

Constitutions in general are merely the tyrants edicts. The Constitution of the United States was unique in all of history for binding the tyrant government. Unfortunately we have loosed the bonds and opened Pandora's Box of horrors.

I did not vote for it, like most laws...not even having representation...

Why should I feel obligated to follow any of them?

Last edited: