• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who has handcuffs?

sudden valley gunner

This concept has proven itself to be very dangerous as the Country grew and moved West. Read some about the "Regulators" in the Southwest. How about the hired guns in Johnson County Wyoming. When people have to provide for themselves the "biggest and baddest" prevail. That doesn't necessarily mean those in the right. In both cases I cited landowners and cattlemen decided "what the law was and how it was to be enforced". People were gunned down or hung with no trial.

Please read the 10th amendment. " the powers prohibited from or not delegated to the Federal Government are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

The State can make laws and compel compliance through several means. That means Courts and even Police.
The first official law officer in this country was not in Boston as earlier quoted but in 1651. The first Sheriff was elected in this country by a Virginia County. This law enforcement position as the "Top Cop" in US Counties was established long before the Constitution was written and is one of those rights retained by the States.

Don't know where you came up with the "word" you invented. Sounds like something a teenager might try in the back seat of daddy's car after a Prom.

I am not a progressive, but someone who is able to read the facts available, draw a conclusion based on that information, and express my opinion. You might go back to some of the LEO related threads and note where I was extremely critical of an officer's actions. I can also recognize when they do something worthwhile. Unlike some, I have no pre-conceived ideas of good or bad when it comes to LEO's. Due to a couple jobs I held in the past I have numerous hours working with, and riding with Police Officers while they went about their tasks. Some of those officers were excellent and some should have been doing something else. The ratio, in those I came in contact with, was about the same as the good/bad ratio you might find in any Corporate or "Blue Collar" job.

Patrol Officers go where they are told. If lots of calls come from a "Good Neighborhood" where their is a tendency to speed, they go there and write tickets. The fine is supposed to slow people down. Would you prefer that they just jail speeders and no fine? Ditto for School Zones. As for the Patrols in Bad neighborhoods, you may never see the officers that are out there doing their job. Ever wonder how those drug busts come about?

My original statement was "combination of elected or appointed officials (Sheriff's and Police Chief's)."

Please note the words "OR APPOINTED"

As I have stated before, your disdain for Police Officers has been frequently stated. Ever wonder if that may be the underlying issue to your relationship with them in your local area?

You are arguing like a Brady campaign yes there were isolated incidents that were eventually rectified. But the wild west has been proven time and time again not to be true.

None of these would have changed with a police "force" at that time.

So you would surrender liberty for safety?

I guess now we are in the 21'st century we should look at other things too like who needs to carry a gun?

Yes I did make it up and it does sound like that but it fits. Nothing you have said proved that it would be anarchy or chaos without police, (which I don't advocate, I advocate the restricting of their powers and the amount of money we spend on them).

People buy into the false statistics of how dangerous the job is and how bad it would be and the bureaucracy grows and grows. And is all false straw man arguments, like saying TARP saved our economy. I noticed how you fail to cite where we are not the law? And how police are now the delegated agents.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
You are arguing like a Brady campaign yes there were isolated incidents that were eventually rectified. But the wild west has been proven time and time again not to be true.

None of these would have changed with a police "force" at that time.

So you would surrender liberty for safety?

I guess now we are in the 21'st century we should look at other things too like who needs to carry a gun?

Yes I did make it up and it does sound like that but it fits. Nothing you have said proved that it would be anarchy or chaos without police, (which I don't advocate, I advocate the restricting of their powers and the amount of money we spend on them).

People buy into the false statistics of how dangerous the job is and how bad it would be and the bureaucracy grows and grows. And is all false straw man arguments, like saying TARP saved our economy. I noticed how you fail to cite where we are not the law? And how police are now the delegated agents.

Go visit a prison, you will come out looking at things a whole lot different, better yet get a job as a correctional officer as it will give you a first hand experience with the criminal element.

Trigger Dr

I have blue handcuffs, I have nickle plated handecuffs. I have a pair with the chain joint and I have a pair with the hinge joint. One pair with the standard key and one pair with the high security circular key.
Are we back on topic?

sudden valley gunner

I have blue handcuffs, I have nickle plated handecuffs. I have a pair with the chain joint and I have a pair with the hinge joint. One pair with the standard key and one pair with the high security circular key.
Are we back on topic?

Wheres your nylon handcuffs and who uses them you are you lady freind? :lol:

tombrewster421

Mine are nickel with the chain.

If you want the robber to feel really special, you could always use a silk scarf.

Last edited:

Deleted_User

Mine are nickel with the chain.

If you want the robber to feel really special, you could always use a silk scarf.

+1 LMAO! You truly are a special one :) Even Ani is laughing at that one

I have 1 pair of cuffs, and a pair of leg irons. Neither one have seen much action though.

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
+1 LMAO! You truly are a special one :) Even Ani is laughing at that one

I have 1 pairt of cuffs, and a pair of leg irons. Neither one have seen much action though.

Ani put them on you one time and you said that was enough ?
  • First Response :eek:
  • Then :uhoh:
  • Then :cry:
  • And finally :)

Last edited:

amlevin

Now THESE are real Handcuffs:

mitten_handcuffs.jpg