• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in Australia?

Haz.

Is this "Really the way it is in the US?"

Does anyone here or in Australia believe this? One thing about the news media down under, they never ever let the truth get in the way of a headline.

Whenever there is an increase in all types of criminal activity the news media down under immediatly for some unlnown reason pin it all on the USA and or the American way.

News Headlines this morning Down Under;

"Lawless Australian thugs copy mayhem of US organised crime groups."

Its akin to believing that the dramatic increase in cigaret smoking by Australian women is because smoking is a very popular pastime in China and Vietnam!

First it was that we needed to get rid of guns and not follow the American way and make Australia a safer place to live in. Now that guns have been banned for many years, violence and street gangs have increased dramaticly and we are now being told we are again following the American way???

I do not believe this for one minute. The dramatic increase in street violence, rape, home invasion, car-napping, violent street bashings and the increase in gangs of all types has risen since the firearms ban introduced by the Howard Government. Criminals know they are free to attack, rape, rob and cause mayhem at will because not only are firearms banned, armed self defence of any kind is also illegal in Australia. Our problems have nothing al all to do with America!

Haz.

http://www.news.com.au/national/law...sed-crime-groups/story-e6frfkvr-1226005487571

Lawless Australian thugs copy mayhem of US organised crime groups
By Mark Morri From: The Daily Telegraph February 14, 2011 12:00AM

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Is this "Really the way it is in the US?"
Does anyone here or in Australia believe this? One thing about the news media down under, they never ever let the truth get in the way of a headline.

Whenever there is an increase in all types of criminal activity the news media down under immediatly for some unlnown reason pin it all on the USA and or the American way.

News Headlines this morning Down Under;

"Lawless Australian thugs copy mayhem of US organised crime groups." Quote

As right to carry laws become more and more universal in the US, violent crime has been in a nosedive. IA is shall issue--as KS and NE recently became, and WI soon will be. The crimes are centered in the slave states where the subjects have no explicit right to defend themselves. Fortunately, the Free States outnumber them 44 to 6. And even one of them, the PDR of Massachusetts, does have CCW available and generally not that difficult to get. CA, NJ, NY, HI and IL still have a long way to go, although NY away from NYC is tolerable. DC is the cesspool of the country and not just from the stench coming out of the "white" house which is more and more the 'yellow' house.

Haz.

Getting worse here!

Hi 'Gunslinger'

Thanks for your reply.

"As right to carry laws become more and more universal in the US, violent crime has been in a nosedive."

As the hundreds of posts i have placed here show its exactly the opposite here in Australia. People are too scared to go out at night in most major cities, and its getting so bad now its just as dangerous during the day as it is at night. Haz.

Gunslinger

Hi 'Gunslinger'

Thanks for your reply.

As the hundreds of posts i have placed here show its exactly the opposite here in Australia. People are too scared to go out at night in most major cities, and its getting so bad now its just as dangerous during the day as it is at night. Haz.

You guys have to take back your government. Australia was a great country, our closest friend. You deserve that again, and I hope it happens,

Haz.

Last edited:

Haz.

Last edited:

Haz.

Last edited:

Haz.

Last edited:

Haz.

WA leads in fight against glassing with tempered glassware

Heres a great idea. Let these violent hoons go on suspended sentences and make hotels change over to tempered glassware. Only in dissarmed Australia where armed self defence is illegal, but to arm ones self with a broken glass and drive it into someones neck or face is ok. Neil Walker Kennedy; "Suspended sentence."

" Neil Walker Kennedy, received an 18-month suspended prison term in November last year after he drove a glass into the neck of a patron at the Elephant and Wheelbarrow in Northbridge. The victim almost bled to death on the footpath outside the pub in August 2009."
Haz.

http://www.news.com.au/national/wa-...th-pubs-and-bars/story-e6frfkvr-1226012607918

WA leads in fight against glassing with tempered glassware in Perth pubs and bars

Last edited:

Haz.

Scourge of our streets.

Only since the gun ban Down Under has our society become so violent. Criminals know people are unarmed and vulnerable, and they also know armed self defence is illegal. Wehave had enough, Police have had enough and our government believes violent crime has decreased? Haz.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/opinion/scourge-of-our-streets/story-e6frezz0-1226012512177

Scourge of our streets Miranda Devine From: The Sunday Telegraph February 27, 2011 12:00AM

DRINKING for hours on end makes people crazy.

Last edited:

Haz.

Last edited:

Haz.

AN armed robber terrorised employees.

No one here in Australia is surprised by crimes like these. Armed self defence, armed defence of home or busineses being made illegal, firearms being banned, criminals know they can drive about the city robbing business people ar will and at random, and its getting worse every day. Obviously criminals never handed in their guns.

Can anyone imagin this craven coward attempting to rob a business if business owners and employees were armed and able to defend themselves.
"He held something under his shirt and demanded cash from staff but fled when customers entered the store."
. Haz.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/armed-robber-hits-three-sydney-servos/story-fn6bm90q-1226013880432

AN armed robber terrorised employees at three separate Sydney servos in one night.

Last edited:

Haz.

Bash and rob unarmed Pizza delivery boys.

If your a criminal, hungry and broke, dont worry! Down Under, an criminal knows they can rock up, bash and rob any one they like. Law abiding citizens have been dissarmed and armed self defence has been declared and legislated to be illegal.

Pizza deliver boys are an easy target. Haz.

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...-during-woodberry-pizza-delivery/2091075.aspx

Two attacked during Woodberry pizza delivery
MARTIN DINNEEN
02 Mar, 2011 08:55 AM

Last edited:

Haz.

Cleaner pistol whipped bashed and run over.

A cleaner, pistol whipped bashed and run over by armed robbers. Australians were told by the government that a firearms ban would make society safer for all. All the firearms ban has done is make it safer for criminals to carry out their crimes knowing full well no one is going to be able to defend themselves. Our government is in denial. Criminals never handed in any firearms and they never will. Haz.

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...r-in-st-leonards/story-e6frfku0-1226017444209

Cleaner bashed then run over in St Leonards

Last edited:

Haz.

Last edited:

Haz.

SYDNEY is the carjacking capital of Australia.

Thanks ot the gun ban and self defence being declared illegal, Sydney is officially the carjacking capital of Australia as the city's criminals target luxury vehicles to make a plush getaway from other crimes. Many of us living in here believe Sydney to be the the carjacking capital of the world! Criminals are so sure of themselves, so empowered, so enthused, knowing the population has been hamstrun the now like to and can do, improve thier image;

""It's about the crook's image ... you look a lot better getting away in a Maserati," Mr Carroll said."

How's that for making Australia safer by banning firearms for self defence? Haz.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-soars-in-sydney/story-e6freuzi-1226017995347

SYDNEY is the carjacking capital of Australia as the city's criminals target luxury vehicles to make a plush getaway from other crimes.
."

Last edited: