• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in Australia?

CharleyCherokee

You must feel lonely in this thread sometimes. Maybe it will cheer you up that I come here *only* to read what you've written about. :p One can only hope that the people there will come to their senses eventually. I'll never understand how a country can deny their people the right to protect themselves and even convict them when they obviously act in self defense.

Haz.

Our prim Ministers think their god!

Hi Charly

People are so lethargic down under anything and everything goes without a fight. Our Prime Minister, before the last election stated; "There will be no carbon tax under a government I lead!" Guess what? We are getting a carbon tax weather we like it, want it, or not. Why are we getting a carbon tax? She's changed her mind. Will she put it to the people via a referendum? NO! Will she call another election to get a mandate? NO. Does she care that the carbon tax will raise electricity prices beyond the ability of many struggling families and retirees ability to pay? NO.

Are the people complaining about this? YES. Is anything being done to stop it from happening? NO! Strange thing is, people ringing talk back radio and are saying, "We should be up in arms over this," I laugh at them and say, "What arms? you dont have any!

The only arms Australians can now raise are the two connected to their shoulders, and with them, wave their rights and freedoms good-by.

Last edited:

Daylen

Hi Charly

People are so lethargic down under anything and everything goes without a fight. Our Prime Minister, before the last election stated; "There will be no carbon tax under a government I lead!" Guess what? We are getting a carbon tax weather we like it, want it, or not. Why are we getting a carbon tax? She's changed her mind. Will she put it to the people via a referendum? NO! Will she call another election to get a mandate? NO. Does she care that the carbon tax will raise electricity prices beyond the ability of many struggling families and retirees ability to pay? NO.

Are the people complaining about this? YES. Is anything being done to stop it from happening? NO! Strange thing is, people ringing talk back radio and are saying, "We should be up in arms over this," I laugh at them and say, "What arms? you dont have any!

The only arms Australians can now raise are the two connected to their shoulders, and with them, wave their rights and freedoms good-by.

So people have forgotten how to build arms? Even the Chinese have not forgotten how to build unauthorized arms.

Haz.

Sadly, apart from a small minority here who do actually care, the majority, who have never had to do without, have never suffered, have never had to face adversity of any kind dont give a hoot! All they care about is football, meat pies, the beach, and getting drunk every night. They are anti guns, hunting, fishing, 4 wheel driving, want to shut up our forests, and the greens, who hold the balance of power in the senate want to legalise drugs and our government is talking about doing a deal with Indonesia to swap 800 illegal boat people, alleged refuges, for 4000 who "OUR GOVERNMENT BELIEVES" are genuine refuges! Our country is stuffed.

CharleyCherokee

Every movement starts small. The movement grows as the small group starts becoming vocal and getting those around them motivated to take up their cause with them. To motivate takes motivation. Pretty good quoteable there. "To motivate takes motivation." I've been struggling a bit with the motivation part myself lately, but am getting frustrated enough with what's stinking up the joint around here to do something about it. The thing is that governments have gotten REALLY good at demotivating people and killing all motivation. For instance we have freedom of speech which is all well and good, but when you have to jump through the hoops of permits etc to assemble it can prevent a newly motivated person from speaking out. So to make a long story short... I want to see you on the news Haz! :p

Haz.

We, the few, are working on it mate! We now have a small group of representatives in state parliment, (Shooters and Fishers Party), in the senate, holding some sway, (balance of power), with the Christian Democrates and the anti everything-Greens hate us with a vengence. Every concievable lie, ever invented by man is hung upon us to make us look like redneck gun crazy maniacs. Fortunately, we are weathering the storm! Haz.

Last edited:

KBCraig

Somebody's going to need some guns to cull the camel herds. I wonder how many tons of CO2 will be spewed by trucks and helicopters, in order to earn the "carbon credits" from offing a few camels?

Effin' greenie idjits!

Haz.

G-Day 'KbCraig'

Offing a few camels down under will do as much to prevent global warming, if it even exists, as sticking ones finger in a polar bear's arse.

We have just had the coldest days ever recorded in the top end, and it started snowing down south weeks before the ski season began.

Last edited:

Haz.

Ram raid bandits trail of destruction, Three ram raids across southern suburbs.

Down Under is a criminals paradise. Police limited by cuts in funds and numbers and most of all a dissarmed population where armed self defence of any kind has been legislated illegal. Haz.

Three ram raids across southern suburbs Nicole Cox, Police Reporter From: PerthNow June 11, 2011 12:15PM

PATTERN: Myaree Lunch Bar owner Yael Cupin outside her ram raided shop. Picture: Theo Fakos Source: The Sunday Times
PATTERN: The damage caused by the ram raid bandits was severe. Picture: Theo Fakos. Source: The Sunday Times

PATTERN: Jay Jay's Lunch Bar on Poletti Road, Cockburn Central. Picture Theo Fakos. Source: The Sunday Times

PATTERN: Owners of Jay Jay's Lunch Bar, Tony and Joanne Underwood, pictured among the destruction. Picture Theo Fakos. Source: The Sunday Times

PATTERN: Coles Express on Leichardt Street in Bull Creek fell victim to ram raiders overnight. Picture: Theo Fakos. Source: The Sunday Times

RAM RAID bandits left a trail of destruction across Perth's southern suburbs overnight after three smash-and-grab attacks on two lunchbars and a service station.
Police hunting the offenders are investigating links between the three attacks after witnesses reported seeing a similar stolen Toyota Hilux ute at two of the crime scenes.

In the first attack, thieves smashed through a rollerdoor and into the Norma Road Lunch Bar in Myaree about 11.20pm on Friday night, where they stole a sum of cash.

About 90 minutes later the offenders struck at Coles Express on Leichhardt St, Bullcreek where they reversed the ute through the glass shopfront, with the force of the impact causing significant damage.

One man was seen alighting from the passenger side and walking into the shop where he attempted to steal a cash register. But his efforts were fruitless and he left empty-handed.
Police today said officers had tried to intercept the stolen ute in Beeliar Drive, Success at 3am.

But the ute failed to stop for police and officers lost sight of the vehicle.

Read more:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...southern-suburbs/story-e6frg13u-1226073474984

Haz.

Stranger bashes boy, 5, with golf club

Australia is becoming full of nutters, especially since any form of armed self defence is now illegal. Criminals, maniacs, raving loonies think they can vent their spleens upon anyone anytime regardless of age, sex, or religion. Haz.

Stranger bashes boy, 5, with golf club
From: AAP June 13, 2011 8:09AM ? A MAN has been charged with attacking a five-year-old boy with a golf club in Cairns.

The boy was walking with another man at a driving range on Sunday afternoon when the stranger attacked him.

Police say a 19-year-old man used the club to hit the boy in the shoulder, knocking him to the ground.

They allege he'd earlier used a golf club to damage a parked car.

Read More; http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...5-with-golf-club/story-e6frfku0-1226074088231

Haz.

Man shot in leg during hold-up at Nobby general store'

"Big Thank you to Clifton Police and QAS for attending so quickly-"
. This is about all police are able to do now that armed self defence has been made illegal. They arrive after the fact, do the detective work, clean up any mess and hopefully find the perp. Haz.

Man shot in leg during botched hold-up at Nobby general store
Rob Kidd From: The Courier-Mail June 13, 2011 8:18AM

STOLEN CAR: A Holden Statesman sedan similar to the one used in the hold-up. Source: The Courier-Mail
POLICE are hunting an armed man on the Darling Downs south of Toowoomba after he shot a man in the leg and fled in the victim's car during an armed robbery.

The victim, 43, was standing inside Nobby General Store on Tooth Street, Nobby, at around 3.45pm Sunday when an unknown man entered and confronted him before stealing his car keys and firing a single shot into his leg.

The victim was transported to Toowoomba Base Hospital where he was treated for a gunshot wound to his leg. His injuries are believed to be non life-threatening.

The offender fled the scene in the victim’s white Holden Statesman sedan, similar to the one pictured, with a Queensland registration 321 JVQ.

Read full report:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...n-tooth-st-nobby/story-e6freoof-1226073876335

Haz.

Robber bashes man on head with metal bar at Southport.

Robber hits man on head with metal bar at Southport
Brooke Baskin From: The Courier-Mail June 13, 2011 7:34AM

A MAN was struck on the head with a metal bar when he tried to fight off an armed robber who stole his bag on the Gold Coast.

The attack follows a spate of armed robberies on the Glitter Strip since the start of the year.

The 24-year-old victim was walking with a woman on Latham St at Southport around 1am Monday when a car pulled up beside them.

A man armed with an iron bar got out of the passenger side of the car and threatened the man and woman before stealing the bag the man was carrying.

Read more:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...bar-at-southport/story-e6freoof-1226074077596

Haz.

THE spate of armed robberies in the southeast of the state continues to grow.

Surfers Paradise should be re-named Criminals Paradise since the firearms ban and armed self defence has been declared illegal. Haz.

Knife bandits, men with metal poles in three separate armed hold-ups in Brisbane
Brooke Baskin From: The Courier-Mail June 14, 2011 6:50AM

THE spate of armed robberies in the southeast of the state continues to grow after a convenience store and two service stations were robbed in three incidents overnight.

In both incidents bandits armed with knives and metal bars went to the trouble of a stick-up simply for cartons of cigarettes.

A man armed with a knife stole cash and cigarettes from a Spring Hill convenience store.

Police said the man threatened a 21-year-old male staff member at the Little Edward St business about 1.15am Tuesday.

He then fled towards Boundary St.

The thief was Caucasian, aged between 35 and 50, of proportionate build and a fair complexion. He was wearing a beanie, dark track suit top, pants and runners.

Read more:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-ups-in-brisbane/story-e6freoof-1226074648613

Haz.

House shot up in drive-by attack in North Rockhampton

House shot up in drive-by attack in North Rockhampton
Jodie Munro O'Brien From: The Courier-Mail June 16, 2011 6:59AM
TWO North Rockhampton men escaped injury this morning after shots were fired into their house.

A police spokesman said neighbours on Dean Street and Kerrigan Streets called Triple 0 about 3.30am Thursday after hearing multiple shots fired.

Read More:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...orth-rockhampton/story-e6freoof-1226076092516

Haz.

Cabbie bashed at McDonald's drive-in over $11 fare.

Cabbie bashed at McDonald's drive-in over $11 fare
Jodie Munro O'Brien From: The Courier-Mail June 17, 2011 8:24AM

A MIRANI man is in custody after allegedly bashing a taxi driver in the drive-through of a McDonald's over an $11 fare.

A police spokesman said the 53-year-old taxi driver was taking his 22-year-old passenger through the drive-through of a McDonald’s on Sydney Street in Mackay about 3.20am Friday when an argument broke out about the taxi fare.

Read More:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-in-over-11-fare/story-e6freoof-1226076853239

Haz.

Woman sexually assaulted on Bicentennial Bikeway in Brisbane CBD.

This is what regurlarly happens down under where rapists know women are unarmed and vulnerable. They have become so brazen they even attack women in broad daylight. Haz.

Jodie Munro O'Brien From: The Courier-Mail June 17, 2011 8:36AM.

POLICE are investigating a sexual assault on a city bikeway this morning.

A police spokesman said a woman was walking on the Bicentennial Bikeway along the Brisbane River between Turbot Street and Queen Streets in the city about 5am this morning when she was attacked.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-in-brisbane-cbd/story-e6freoof-1226076860006

Haz.

Gun crime wave crashes on to Gold Coast with armed robbery epidemic .

As predicted by law abiding sporting shooters, this is exactly what happens when firearms are banned by a government and any form of armed self defence is declared illegal. The letters to the editor accompanying this news story says it all! Haz.

SURFERS flock to the Gold Coast for its famed saltwater "barrels". These days, however, it's a different barrel - the barrel of a gun - for which the Coast is becoming increasingly infamous.

Three shootings in the past three weeks, including the killing of Detective Senior Constable Damian Leeding in an armed robbery ambush, are the latest examples of what seems to be a growing gun culture on the Glitter Strip - a culture experts say is closely entwined with the city's thriving drug trade, with its links to outlaw bikie gangs. They brought to six the number of shooting incidents across Queensland since last month.

The Courier-Mail can reveal that the victim of the latest shooting, at Wongawallan in the Gold Coast hinterland on Wednesday night, was convicted drug "cook" Duanne Paul Welsh.

Mr Welsh, a 42-year-old father-of-three, was tied up and shot in the shoulder in a home invasion at his rural property. His pregnant partner, Callie, was assaulted in an attack which took place in front of their young son.

Read Full Article and letters to the editor here:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...on-glitter-strip/story-e6freoof-1226076687055

Last edited:

Haz.

20 armed robberies on Gold Coast in one month.

20 armed robberies on Gold Coast in one month. And these are the ones reported by terrified victims. Many are not reported due to fear of reprisals.

Welcome to the Sunshine Coast of Australia. The once popular Australian and overseas tourist magnet. Unfortunately if you decide to make this your holiday destination you are not, by law, allowed to arm your self in any way or use arms of any description to defend yourself or your family and property should you be attacked by a drunken thug, a drug crazed zombie desperately searching for anything to sell to feed their habit, a rapist, a car-jacker, or a home invader. You can if you survive an attack ring crime stoppers or police. These underpaid, overworked, understaffed, and under resorsed brave men and women will do all in their power to assist you by taking down any details and loging them with the thousands of others on their files. Haz.

20 armed robberies on Gold Coast in a month after McDonald's hold-up
by Greg Stolz From: The Courier-Mail April 28, 2011 5:18PM

THE Gold Coast has suffered its 20th armed robbery this month, with bandits pointing a shotgun at a young McDonalds worker.

Two men in a stolen black car entered the drive-through of the hamburger chain's Pacific Pines restaurant about 3pm and pointed the gun at a teenage female employee.

They demanded money before driving off with an undisclosed sum.

Police said the young woman was terrorised She was in tears as detectives interviewed her.

It was the 43rd armed robbery on the Gold Coast this year.

Link:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...cdonalds-hold-up/story-e6freoof-1226046431311