• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in Australia?

Haz.

A MIDLAND man was savagely bashed, road rage.

End result of result of law abiding citizen, being unarmed and attacked by a complete stranger as his partner and a 4 year old child helplessly watched. Haz.

A MIDLAND man was savagely bashed in a shocking case of road rage on Sunday night while a four-year-old girl and her mother watched in horror.

Russell, who does not want his surname published, was bashed as he got out of his partner’s car on Roe Highway near Welshpool Rd, in Wattle Grove, at about 7pm.

He was in the passenger seat of a green Ford Laser. His partner was driving and her daughter was in the back seat when the car was rammed from behind by a gold-coloured Ford sedan.

As he got out to inspect the damage, a man got out of the other car and started punching and kicking him to the ground.

Russell suffered a fractured eye socket, severe bruising and cuts.

He is due to undergo surgery on Friday to repair his eye.

Read More:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/police-d...ked-and-cowardly/story-fn8ou527-1226112396787

Haz.

Glassing - crackdown on the weapon of cowards.

Law abiding citizens have been dissarmed. Cowardly crininals who do not have access to firearms will and do use anything, any weapon available to attack, injure, maim for life or kill their intended victim. Weapon of choice, Broken glass or bottle.

Haz.

POLICE Commissioner Andrew Scipione has warned drunken hooligans to get off "the booze" as his officers attend almost three glassing and bottle assault incidents across the state every day.

There were 224 glassings in pubs and clubs across the state last year and a combined 955 incidents in which a glass or bottle was used.

While the Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research reported an 18.18 per cent drop in non-domestic violence glassings, Mr Scipione said one attack was too many.

Last weekend two men were glassed in Port Macquarie and Surry Hills. In 2010, Kings Cross (17), City (11), Surry Hills (8), Tuggerah Lakes (8) and Monaro (7) were the state's glassing hotspots. Almost 100 glassing incidents happened between midnight and 3am.

Read More:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...eapon-of-cowards/story-e6freuzi-1226113412447

Haz.

Left-for-dead cabbie outraged over sentence given to thugs.

Attacked a man, nearly killed him, left him for dead and the sentence? A Pat on the Back!

Haz.

Left-for-dead cabbie outraged over sentence given to thugs
By Roanne Johnson From: Townsville Bulletin August 12, 2011 9:08AM Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size Print Email Share Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Add to Facebook Add to Kwoff Add to Myspace Add to Newsvine What are these?
A CABBIE brutally bashed by two passengers who robbed him, stole his taxi and left him in a pool of blood is outraged the pair did not get tougher sentences.

Taxi driver Mark Brennan, 53, was found bruised and battered in a public telephone box at Idalia on November 19, 2010 and yesterday, for the first time, publicly spoke of his unprovoked attack.

"I felt like I'd been hit by a truck, two trucks actually, because they used me as a punching bag," Mr Brennan told the Townsville Bulletin.

"They say taxi drivers are easy targets and that's because we are, with jail terms like these handed out. These sentences make me want to give up cab driving after 34 years behind the wheel."

Damian Alan Marcus, 24, and George Anthony Clint Toon, 26, pleaded guilty yesterday, in the Townsville District Court, to robbery in company with personal violence and unlawfully using a motor vehicle with damage.

WARNING: GRAPHIC FOOTAGE
Video: See the offence which left Mr Brennan battered

For the two offences, Judge Stuart Durward SC gave Marcus three-and-a-half years and Toon four-and-a-half years but they will be out sooner with Marcus's sentence suspended after 15 months and Toon eligible for parole on March 21, 2012.

Read More:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e-given-to-thugs/story-e6freuyi-1226113581065

Haz.

Breaking News NSW police may strike over workplace hazards.

Phew, for a moment there we were worried police were going on strike because they are being physically attacked and bashed by gangs of drunken yobbo's, and they were being shot at by armed criminals who by the way, never handed in any firearms during the five hundred million dollar gun buy back and ban.

The last time our government spent five hundred million dollars WISELY, they built a much needed power station, and the second time they spent five hundred million dollars they built a much needed hospital!

Still, lead paint and or asbestos in police stations could be as dangerous as lead paint and asbestos in ordinary peoples homes all over Australia? It will cost tax payers about $100,000,000 to remove the lead paint and asbestos from police stations. Haz.

Breaking News NSW police may strike over workplace hazards such as lead paint and asbestos
POLICE are threatening to take industrial action unless asbestos and lead paint are removed from nearly 500 NSW police properties.

Asbestos or lead paint or both have been found at about 460 properties, including police residences, stations and other buildings.

The Police Association of NSW says a report three years ago indicated the presence of potentially deadly substances at the properties.

But police officers were only told this month.

The union warned today that members would take industrial action unless police commissioner Andrew Scipione apologised immediately and Police Minister Michael Gallacher guaranteed a full investigation.

It has also called for $100 million to be spent on fixing the properties.

Read More:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...int-and-asbestos/story-e6freuyi-1226113554528

Haz.

WE WILL KILL YOUR FAMILY. Is the gun ban working down under?

Is the Gun Ban working in Australia? Lets ask this family?

"A member of the woman's family, who asked not to be named, said they had fled the home after the attackers threatened to return and kill them if police were contacted. "They said: 'Call the police and we will kill you and your family'," she said."

I doubt it. Haz.

We will kill your family - mother's home invasion terror.
Tim Vollmer From: The Daily Telegraph August 17, 2011 12:00AM.

A FIVE-year-old girl and her mother fled their home in terror after home invaders threatened to shoot the child and her family at Cranebrook.

Three men armed with a sawn-off gun and machetes smashed into the upstairs bedroom where the mum and child were sleeping, holding them at gunpoint while they robbed the house.

A member of the woman's family, who asked not to be named, said they had fled the home after the attackers threatened to return and kill them if police were contacted.

"They said: 'Call the police and we will kill you and your family'," she said.

"She doesn't ever want to come back here again.

"It's not very nice having guns waved in your face and machetes.

"It's not like there is anything here to steal. She's a single mother and she really struggles."

The three men apparently scaled a side fence, climbed on to the roof of the front veranda, then smashed through an upstairs bedroom window before forcing the child, 31-year-old mother and a 33-year-old man to sit on the lounge at gunpoint about 11.15pm on Monday night.

Read More:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-invasion-terror/story-e6freuzi-1226116334740

Haz.

Man's throat cut in daylight robbery.

This is what happens when all froms of armed self defence is prohibited. Guns are banned, carrying knives is banned, mace, stun guns, all illegal. BUT criminals who obey no rules do carry, and so are empowered and can and do what they like. Haz.

Man's throat cut in daylight robbery
Jon Bassett From: PerthNow August 20, 2011 5:22PM

TEENAGE thieves cut their victim's throat with a knife during a brazen daylight robbery on a deserted northern suburbs' street in Heathridge.

The 29-year-old victim, Heathridge resident Lucas Cruse, was attacked by two men about 100m north of a pedestrian flyover to the station on Ellendale Rd, near Edgewater train station about 11.10am on Friday.

Mr Cruse said he felt the knife against his skin during the robbery and was cut when he jostled with the offenders.

"I wasn't sure what it was, but I did feel a tickle which was blood running down,'' Mr Cruse said.

He said the offenders grabbed his arms and pushed him against a tree.

"And when I went to push him away I noticed he had knife to my throat,'' Mr Cruse said.

The weapon was used so quickly all he could see was its handle under his chin. "I just stood still and hoped it would be over quickly,'' Mr Cruse said.

Even Mr Cruse's socks were searched during the robbery.

"They said `hold still'. It was very weird. they were very calm about it,'' Mr Cruse said.

Read More:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...daylight-robbery/story-e6frg143-1226118758403

Haz.

Man critical, will lose eye, may die after mob attack.

Man critical, will lose eye, after mob attack
Phil Hickey From: PVE August 21, 2011 9:19AM

A 27-YEAR-old man is clinging to life after being smashed in the face with a bottle by cowardly thugs in Clarkson overnight.

The victim is in a critical condition in Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital after he was viciously outnumbered and attacked by his assailants about midnight.

Doctors say he will lose his left eye and may not survive.

Police say he was attacked near the corner of Belleville Gardens and Keylargo Drive and are at a loss for a motive.

Police initially believed the man was smashed in the face with a glass bottle, but they are still unsure exactly what sort of weapon was used in the brutal attack.

His assailants are described as dark-skinned.

It follows a string of vicious assaults in and around Clarkson in recent weeks.

A young man was smashed in the face with a limestone rock outside Clarkson's Whale and Ale pub earlier this month.

A 15-year-old youth was smashed in the face with a brick in Currambine in July.

A 21-year-old man was stabbed three times in the chest after he was confronted by a group of men as he left Crush Nightclub in Joondalup this month.

And a 20-year-old man stopped breathing several times and had to be resuscitated after being savagely bashed by a gang of thugs at the Clarkson Train Station in July.

Outspoken Mindarie MP John Quigley says a combination of drugs and alcohol is to blame.

But he does not believe Clarkson should be singled out over other suburbs for its recent violence.

“The brutal assaults are happening all over Perth,” Mr Quigley told PerthNow.

Read More:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...ob-bottle-attack/story-e6frg143-1226118994393

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
This would be a great thread to copy and send to anti-gun NY Representative Carolyn McCarthy, along with a staunch reminder:

DISARMING LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS DOESN'T WORK!!!

Last edited:

45acpForMe

This would be a great thread to copy and send to anti-gun NY Representative Carolyn McCarthy, along with a staunch reminder:

Haz, maybe you should start a billboard campaign with the above as the text. At some point the people have to elect better representatives that will reverse the bans or else they can all just "Baaaaaa Baaaaa Baaaa" all the way to the slaughter. :-(

Haz.

Haz, maybe you should start a billboard campaign with the above as the text. At some point the people have to elect better representatives that will reverse the bans or else they can all just "Baaaaaa Baaaaa Baaaa" all the way to the slaughter. :-(

Thanks mate. Were working on them no worries.

Haz.

Thanks 'since9' You and many others here have restored my faith in those who are free and are willing to speak up and fight for their rights and freedoms. I wont mention any names but there is one here who has accused me of ranting and preaching to the converted on this board. I have been advised that there is no rule against ranting on here as long as it is for our freedoms and rights, and not against them!

My posts are designed to be nothing more than a "constant reminder" of what does happen when the Law Abiding people of a country have been dissarmed, whilst the criminals remain armed to the teeth!

We sunk into complacency here down under, and we can all see where it got us? We not only have been dissarmed, but any form of armed self defence is also illegal? No wonder the crime rate has shoot through the roof! And the Philospher Kings running our country are in complete denial, infact they listen to and are influences by the minority anties in the House who continually cry out for tougher firearms laws every time criminals commit firearms related crime even outside our own country.

Regards,

Haz.

Haz.

Adelaide female drivers warned to lock-up while in car.

POLICE are warning women to take extreme care when travelling alone at night after recent attacks in the northern suburbs.

We have a solution for you women who fear being attacked and raped on our streets at night. Dont carry a firearm they are banned. No mace or any weapon at all. Any form of armed self defence is also illegal in Australia. What you can do when you venture out at night and are attacked by anyone is lock your car doors and make sure your windows are wound up! That should fix the problem.

Haz.

In a possible failed car-jacking, a young man jumped from a Ford Laser hatchback, containing three other men, to the rear seat of a car and grabbed the woman driver around the neck while both cars sat at traffic lights at the intersection of Salisbury Highway and Elder Smith Drive, Mawson Lakes, about 10.50pm.

The woman, 33, immediately accelerated and drove off, causing the man to fall from the open door on to the road.

Detective Senior-Sergeant Shane Addison said women should lock car doors and wind up windows while driving.

"It was a very, very scary situation for her and she's very shaken by the incident," he said.

The car attacker was described as Caucasian, about 18, "skinny" with a shaved head.

Read More:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-up-while-in-car/story-e6frea83-1226122441573

Last edited:

Haz.

Woman punched in Brisbane car hijack.

Its happening all over the country. Unarmed and defenceless women are being bashed, many are raped and their cars are stolen. Who needs a gun in Australia?

Haz.

Woman punched in Brisbane car hijack From: AAP July 16, 2011 2:11PM

A YOUNG woman was left with a bruised and swollen face from punches thrown when a couple hijacked her car in Brisbane's south.

A man and woman, whose faces were concealed by clothing wrapped around their heads, used a rock to smash the side window of the 21-year-old woman's car at 3.30am (AEST) on Friday in a carpark at Shailer Park, police said.

The couple drove the car with the woman inside but soon pulled over at the intersection of Pintu Drive and Tanamerah Avenue, and began punching the victim to force her from her car, before they drove off.

Read More:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...sbane-car-hijack/story-e6frea7l-1226095833184

Haz.

Woman punched in face in carjack attempt.

Again and again and again, Government says crim is on the decline? Tell that to unarmed women all over Australia?
Haz.

Woman punched in face in carjack attempt From: AAP July 22, 2011 7:58AM

A WOMAN has been punched in the face during at attempted car jacking on Queensland's Sunshine Coast.

The woman was in her car at the Kawana Shopping Centre at Warana about 7pm (AEST) yesterday, when the man tried to open her car door and stuck his arm through an open window.

The woman elbowed his arm away, prompting the man to punch her in the face.

She sustained a minor injury and swelling to her mouth, police said.

Read More:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-carjack-attempt/story-e6frea8c-1226099519481

Haz.

Pensioner attacked with baseball bat.

Since the firearms ban down under, criminals will stop at nothing to further their gains. Attack a retired 75-year-old, aged pensioner with a baseball bat just about summs it up. Dissarm the population, declare all froms of armed self defence illegal, and this is what happens. Criminals have been enabled and are having a field day! P.S. Pollies here are considering tightening our already the tightest gun laws in the western world even further??? Haz.

National News.

Pensioner attacked with baseball bat
THIEVES have attacked an elderly man with a baseball bat on the New South Wales mid north coast.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/pen...at/story-e6frfkvr-1226123740044#ixzz1WIX28WPs

http://www.news.com.au/national/pensioner-attacked-with-baseball-bat/story-e6frfkvr-1226123740044

Man jailed for 18 years for drug murder Courier Mail, 6 May 2011
Baseball bat used in street attack Herald Sun, 8 Apr 2011
Man assaulted during home invasion Adelaide Now, 26 Mar 2011
Teen tells of 'gutless' baseball bat attack Perth Now, 22 Mar 2011
Pair beaten with bats, metal pipes Courier Mail, 6 May 2011
Man robbed by 5 carrying bats Herald Sun, 8 Apr 2011

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/pen...at/story-e6frfkvr-1226123740044#ixzz1WIYvQxRU

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/pen...at/story-e6frfkvr-1226123740044#ixzz1WIYn43uo

Haz.

Hows this for handling a suspected terrorist who shot a police officer sent to arrest him, by our courts?

Haz.

Scared Muslim let off police shooting.

Kara Lawrence From: The Daily Telegraph September 09, 2011 12:00AM
A MUSLIM terror suspect who wounded a policeman in a gunfight escaped conviction on serious shooting charges after a judge found "anti-Muslim sentiment" made him fear for his safety.

A judge found the man had a loaded gun down his pants when police approached him.

But the judge found he had the gun not because he had planned to shoot the officers but because he was concerned for his safety.

It is understood the officers involved in the arrest of the man in November 2005 left the force as a result of the incident.

A suppression order has now been lifted on the June judgment by Sydney District Court Judge Leonie Flannery, who acquitted the man of shooting at Sergeant Adam Wolsey with intent to murder, shooting at him with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm, and shooting at him with intent to resist apprehension.

In the judge-alone trial, the man pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Judge said: "

"I am not satisfied that he put the Browning in his pants because he was planning to shoot his arresting officers, rather he did so because he was concerned for his safety, and the state he was in brought about his illness, his concern that he was going to be arrested, and the climate of anti-Muslim feeling in the community at the time, he believed that he might be harmed by the police."

Read More:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-police-shooting/story-e6freuzi-1226132678893

Haz.

What happens when law abiding citizens are dissarmed?

Man stabbed in the back with scissors
September 10, 2011 3:09PM

TWO men have been charged after a man was stabbed in the back with a pair of scissors and woman was punched in the face in Sydney's southwest.

Police said the attacks happened when two 19-year-old men approached another 19-year-old man and three women who were waiting for a taxi in Campbelltown last night.
A fight broke out and when one of the women tried to intervene she was punched in the face by one of the accused men, they said.
The three women then ran away but their male friend was stabbed in the back with a pair of scissors by the second accused man.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...rs/story-e6frfku9-1226133732033#ixzz1XX0ULFx8

Haz.

Thugs bash, rob woman - then apologise.

1. POLICE are investigating the bizarre robbery of a 35-year-old Lathlain woman, in which the bandits hugged her and apologised before fleeing with her belongings.

The woman had been walking home from Victoria Park train station at about 11.35pm last night when two men approached her on Rutland Avenue and demanded money.

She tried to walk to Gallipoli Street but was punched to the ground by one of the men. The same man then hit the woman in the head a second time before grabbing her bag and rifling through its contents and returning some of the items.

The woman told police the second offender then helped her to her feet, apologised and the two offenders then hugged the victim before walking off.

She was taken to Royal Perth Hospital where she received treatment.

Both men are described as being aged between 17 and 20, about 165cm to 170cm tall.

Link, Read more:

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...n-then-apologise/story-e6frg13u-1226133660615

2. Subway robbery

Police are investigating an armed hold-up after a woman threatened staff at a Wembley Subway store on Friday night.

The woman brandishing a knife entered the Cambridge St shop about 8.25pm and demanded cash.

3. Pharmacy raid

At Shelley, a man entered Chemmart Chemist on Tribute St about 11.50am, where he threatened staff with a knife-like weapon and demanded drugs.