• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in Norfolk - Call 911..... All circuits are busy!

Betty_Rose_Brown

Yup

Excellent advice Peter.

OCDO Forum Rules even address this issue indirectly.

See Rule #1
".....post only those comments that you have considered and are willing to take full responsibility for!"

You bear the weight of your words.

I know this is an older thread, but this is a comment that bears repeating. I do not write or post anything without thinking about the consequences of seeing it posted publicly - with my name - on a 20' by 20' screen in a courtroom. This goes for private emails, too.

I was involved in a lawsuit years and years ago. Most folks don't realize that, in the discovery phase, it is the lawyer's job to ask you to produce (and to find) every word you ever wrote, demand every email you ever sent, and then pick the worst ones and show it to the jury. This is ever more true with the legal perturbation that swirls around gun ownership and gun rights.

Don't say ANYTHING in a public forum or private email that you're not prepared to see produced in a court room. There is no anonymity when it comes to the world of lawsuits and legal matters.

The world has changed, and everything and anything you say can and will be used against you.

After my lawsuit experience, I made *&^% sure that I didn't say anything to anyone that I wasn't prepared to put on a public bulletin board in downtown Norfolk with my name at the bottom, because if you end up in a lawsuit, that's about what's going to happen to your most "confidential" communications.

Last edited:

Repeater

Bill O'Reilly finally gets the 911 tapes (FOIA)

Bill discussed all this last night;

A travesty of justice in Norfolk, VA
As you may know, The Factor has been investigating a terrible crime in Norfolk, Virginia. On April 14, 2012, two reporters working at "The Virginian Pilot" newspaper were driving in a tough part of town after leaving a movie.

While stopped at a light, somebody threw a rock at their car, according to the police report. The man in the car, David Forster got out to confront the rock thrower, who was then attacked by a group of African-American teenagers. Police say a crowd of approximately 30 surrounded the car and about five thugs were involved in the assault on Mr. Forster. The woman in the car, Marjon Rostami was also attacked but managed to call 911 as did some other folks.

"Talking Points" believes this was not a simple street altercation and there is no question it was a mob attack. Whether it was based on race is debatable. But for a group of assailants to beat up and terrorize two innocent Americans with dozens of witnesses watching and virtually nothing happens to them, well, this is a true travesty of justice.

The city of Norfolk depends on tourism. So it's obvious they don't want this story in the public arena. But my job here is to tell you the truth and expose wrongdoing. This whole case is shameful. And by the way, the Norfolk media attacked The Factor for its coverage of the crime. That is shameful as well.

And that's "The Memo."

"When seconds count, the police are only... oh never mind."