• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who Wants to Live in Cook County!?!?

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

bobcat wrote:
+1 (Excuse us while we vent Tess)

The sheeple of Chicago will think twice when TSHTF or simply die once. It would be a lot safer in the 'seamy' neighborhoods if the hoodlums with guns knew it was possible that Joe Citizen also had a gun. Truly a victim disarmament zone of mass proportions.

Don't know why they wrote all that diatribe (hubris?) as they essentially gave all judgement as to what constitutes a weapon of offense to the cops. We know the result.

Just one more reason to run a wide berth around Cook county and the state if you can. Bunch of damn morons. Where's Mrs. O'Leary's cow when you need it?
Venting is fine. We all do it.

You've very successfully vented, as have many others, without resorting to pottymouth.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"]
(4) Has vision better than or equal to that required to obtain a valid driver's license under the standards established by the Illinois Vehicle Code of the State of Illinois, as amended; and,

A clear violation of the Americans with disabilities act!
[/size][/font][/size][/font]

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
I think I'm going to bookmark this thread in the event that I ever accidentally ingest a poison and need to induce vomiting.
I hope you are talking about the proposed law and not the comments :shock:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

lockman wrote:
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="-1"]
(4) Has vision better than or equal to that required to obtain a valid driver's license under the standards established by the Illinois Vehicle Code of the State of Illinois, as amended; and,

A clear violation of the Americans with disabilities act!
[/size][/font][/size][/font]
I have 2 friends who are "legally blind" as far as the DMV is concerned because of congenital optical issues that restrict or eliminate periferal vision. However, both of them have been shooting with me and they can focus straight ahead just fine to hit a target at 7 yards, the CCW qualifying distance in MO. Both are single women, one living alone in IL and the other raising her 5 children alone since her husband decided drugs and alcohol are more important than her family.

I noted this part in the OP but didn't comment as I was too angry to say anything appropriate. Thanks for brining up this issue.

spy1

imported post

That annual registration fee ought to earn them a ton of money, too, if it does remain on the books:

Sec. 58-141.5. Renewal of registration.

(a) Every registrant must renew his registration certificate annually. Applications for renewal shall be made by such registrants 60 days prior to the expiration of the current registration certificate.

(b) The application for renewal shall include the payment of a renewal fee as follows:

1 firearm . . . $20.00
2--10 firearms . . . $25.00
More than ten firearms . . . $35.00

(c) Failure to comply with the requirement for renewal of registration of a firearm shall cause that firearm to become unregisterable.

spy1

imported post

Thanks for the initial post - I spread it around to get as many people as possible involved. If everyone else could do the same at all the forums YOU hang out at, we might be able to get some momentum going on it. Pete

imperialism2024

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
imperialism2024 wrote:
I think I'm going to bookmark this thread in the event that I ever accidentally ingest a poison and need to induce vomiting.
I hope you are talking about the proposed law and not the comments :shock:
Nah, if I need comments to induce vomiting, I go to the "True Tales of Self-Defense" forum...

imperialism2024

imported post

spy1 wrote:
That annual registration fee ought to earn them a ton of money, too, if it does remain on the books:

Sec. 58-141.5. Renewal of registration.

(a) Every registrant must renew his registration certificate annually. Applications for renewal shall be made by such registrants 60 days prior to the expiration of the current registration certificate.

(b) The application for renewal shall include the payment of a renewal fee as follows:

1 firearm . . . $20.00
2--10 firearms . . . $25.00
More than ten firearms . . . $35.00

(c) Failure to comply with the requirement for renewal of registration of a firearm shall cause that firearm to become unregisterable.
I also wonder if the fees are per gun. That is, do you get charged a higher "bulk rate" as a punishment for owning more guns? Or is it just one fee for all the guns?

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

I think it's one set fee. Not per gun. Not sure, I'll go ask my dad, he's a cook county cop (lansing). prolly the only good cop I truely know.