• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whos going to Open Carry when they go to VOTE on Aug. 7th?

Billy

Good job, Scotchman ~ ya' did well.

Voted yesterday while open-carrying at 2 PM at the Butterfield Township Hall (Missaukee County). I was voter #58 out of some 420 registered voters in our township. No problems to report.

Take care, y'all...

Respectfully,
Billy

Small_Arms_Collector

I OC'ed as well. My polling place is an elementary school on any other day. Not a word was said. On my way in though I was approached by 2 of the candidates (both live locally) who were standing outside, but it was just the typical "vote for me, here's a flier" thing, though the one recognized me, and told me a suggestion I had made was on the agenda as soon as budget allowed.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Stainless1911, Please provide a citation for:

1. "You cannot be interfered with or prevented from voting"
2. "They can detain with RAS for up to 20 minutes afterwards if they want to."

Phil McCracken

Brainless1911, Please provide a citation for:

1. "You cannot be interfered with or prevented from voting"
2. "They can detain with RAS for up to 20 minutes afterwards if they want to."

A terry stop has a 20 minute cap. Terry v Ohio (unless you're me:shocker:)

I didnt bookmark the voting cite.

:monkey

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
A terry stop has a 20 minute cap. Terry v Ohio (unless you're me)

Wrong:

"Admittedly, Terry, Dunaway, Royer, and Place, considered together, may in some instances create difficult line-drawing problems in distinguishing an investigative stop from a de facto arrest. Obviously, if an investigative stop continues indefinitely, at some point it can no longer be justified as an investigative stop. But our cases impose no rigid time limitation on Terry stops. While it is clear that "the brevity of the invasion of the individual's Fourth Amendment interests is an important factor in determining whether the seizure is so minimally intrusive as to be justifiable on reasonable suspicion," United States v. Place, supra, 462 U.S., at 709, 103 S.Ct., at 2645"
US v Sharpe (1985)
Found here: http://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/US/470/470.US.675.83-529.html

Please provide your citation for your statement: "You cannot be interfered with or prevented from voting"

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
Please provide your citation for your statement: "You cannot be interfered with or prevented from voting"

The only way I know of to find that, since I dont recall the wording, would be to do a search of threads I posted in. Trouble with that, is that I saw it on MGO, a couple screen names ago, so I no longer have the "subscribed threads" list in my CP. I'm still there of course, but that search might prove to be impossible.

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
The only way I know of to find that, since I dont recall the wording, would be to do a search of threads I posted in. Trouble with that, is that I saw it on MGO, a couple screen names ago, so I no longer have the "subscribed threads" list in my CP. I'm still there of course, but that search might prove to be impossible.

You do have access to the Michigan Legislature just like everyone else, so go look. I know a citation you could use, but... (insert something regarding Give a man a fish, feed him for a day...) WHEN you do find it, read what you posted and compare it to what the law actually says...

Last edited: