• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why a Gun Will Never Help You

noname762

imported post

Hillmann wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
notintoguns wrote:
A gun will not solve most problems. Period. I don't care what anyone tells you. You all are nuts.

Best first post ever.

And you are right. Guns and duct tape will solve most problems.
Add a hammer and you can solve ALL problems:D

There are few problems in life that cannot be solved. One of my personal favorites is solving a problem with a quantity of high explosives. The larger the problem the more HE you need. Once the smoke and dust clears problem solved.

Seif5034

imported post

notintoguns wrote:
A gun will not solve most problems.
MOST being the key word here. I'm only looking to solve a few problems with my guns and I know they will remedy said problems

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

southern boy wrote:
If I'm a bad , bad, bad criminal, but I am unarmed, would you shoot me? I just want your wallet.

id laugh in your face and tell you to piss off.

when you tried to take it by force, then id shoot you.
Great first post. I like you already.

Hendu024

imported post

ohhhh finally the first big laugh of the day. This retard got 4 pages of responses, and I am contributing! Damn you, notintoguns! You make such a deep, intellectual point, I feel compelled to respond. Can someone please ban this clown already?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
ohhhh finally the first big laugh of the day. This retard got 4 pages of responses, and I am contributing! Damn you, notintoguns! You make such a deep, intellectual point, I feel compelled to respond. Can someone please ban this clown already?
What's to ban?

Yata hey

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It is a fake account, owned by the same clown named areyouserious, notintoguns, idontownone, and a few other short sentences crammed together. He's been pretty busy in other threads today.

I know he's a troll, and his prose is like a fingerprint. But he still makes a fun toy and proves his own positions bogus. To have it all in print here still serves as a useful tool for other readers.

Cprstilgar

imported post

Well now where to start.... I live in an area where our local LEO's call the wild west....

Just a "township" in California Central Valley, called Winton. I was mugged once and had to defend myself unarmed from 2 drugged up gang members and was able to make it away because another person who was with them ran outside and told me to run that they "had a shotgun and were going to shoot me." , as he held them back from the truck they showed up in.... I was not threatening them, was not doing anything... They just wanted my wallet and started to hit me while I was seated IN my car. When these two guys found out they had found someone who was willing to fight them off from being attacked it was then they ran for the shotgun, only to be stopped by their buddy who was in the store who noticed what they were doing and came out to warn me... (I had known this guy way back in school days). I was able to get away.. This was just 1/2 mile from where I live. I had no firearm...

After my first purchase of a firearm I was a victim of a attempted carjacking... again just miles from my house. I just happen to be going to the firing range. ( At this time I had a show truck) While driving down a local freeway I had my firearm in a locked, very small, fire-proof safe. When I noticed a red Honda hatchback following me and flashing lights... speeding up. When I tried to slow down they would, when I tried to speed up they would. I tried to pull out of the way and they just followed me and pulled up next to me.. By this time I had unlocked my box, I mean they may just want to let me know something might be wrong with the truck... no need to panic. It was then I noticed the Fresno Bulldog stickers all over the car(a local University mascot and gang who also uses the same to rep themself...) I knew they were not trying to talk... the front passenger rolled down the window and pointed and yelled for me to pull over... When I did not he pointed to his 3 buddies in the back waving guns in the air laughing and pointing them at me.... It was then I had myfirearm out and let them see me pull my slide back and chamber a round then I pointed directly at the driver. (It took less than a fraction of a second between them lauging and pointing guns at me and me having my firearm ready, but it did seem like forever.) It was THEN they hit the brakes and got off on the first offramp... I pulled over and calm down a bit. I later talked to a CHP buddy of mine and he said it was a good thing I had it with me that day... as they had a rash of such incidents where people lost cars.... and ended up in hospitals or worse during that time, he said it may have saved my life as these gang members are not used to a "normal looking guy" to be armed and ready to face them.. I thank God I was ready that day and had had enough practice with firearms before buying my own. They DO save lives.... so....... you need to grasp the reality of the world we live in.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

ixtow wrote:
It is a fake account, owned by the same clown named areyouserious, notintoguns, idontownone, and a few other short sentences crammed together. He's been pretty busy in other threads today.

I know he's a troll, and his prose is like a fingerprint. But he still makes a fun toy and proves his own positions bogus. To have it all in print here still serves as a useful tool for other readers.
You're right... (I just looked at the structure(s)) A troll.

Cprstilgar

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
ixtow wrote:

You're right... (I just looked at the structure(s)) A troll.
So this guy is just a troll??? Well I just wasted a bit of time explaining my story... should have seen it coming....

wally1120

imported post

notintoguns wrote:
A gun will not solve most problems. Period. I don't care what anyone tells you. You all arenuts.

That is very true, it doesn't help me get money to pay my bills, dang it. I gotta take valuable time out from the shooting range to go to a place to earn a paycheck. I stay strictly within the law so that I can keep all that I have acquired and have freedom to go back to the shooting range.

A gun is just a tool and I carry them for my own protection as well as my family's protection. I participate in IDPA shoots and also read as research of true armed muggings and home invasions to prepare myself if that were to happen to me. I am aware that having a gun won't completly insure my safety, but it gives me a very strong edge.

I think this troll is funny, and feel that all members should be sure to tell this person why they choose to carry. As for myself, if I am in a situation and am unable to complete it in my favor, I would hope that one of the members are around to back me up. If notintoguns doesn't like this group than I am sure there are many good gardening or arts and crafts groups this troll could join. As for me, I have obtain some very helpful info in here and plan on staying. 'Bye troll, have a nice day and be sure to stay off the streets at night or there may be an armed mugger out there looking for your wallet, just hope that when you give it to him that he doesn't shoot you anyway.