• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why do you need a gun at Walmart?

RIAShooter

imported post

I couldn't imagine being shot with anything more than a .22 three times in the legs and not hitting the ground, but then again I've never been shot by anything more than a daisy lol

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

RIAShooter wrote:
I couldn't imagine being shot with anything more than a .22 three times in the legs and not hitting the ground, but then again I've never been shot by anything more than a daisy lol
You'd be surprised what you can do when your life is in danger and your adrenaline is pumping. In fact, that's exactly what adrenaline is supposed to do.

RIAShooter

imported post

DreQo wrote:
RIAShooter wrote:
You'd be surprised what you can do when your life is in danger and your adrenaline is pumping. In fact, that's exactly what adrenaline is supposed to do.

Touche +1

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Six shots... Hmm could it e a revolver?

What cal were the bullets in bad guys leg?
Might need to consider bigger/better bullets if it left anything bigger than a stump.

I do hope the gun has already been returned by now.
After all wallmart still hasn't appologized for endangering his safety by not
reporting the illeagal carriers the way they do the leagal OC'rs.
The guns used were a .25 and a .32. The video link I followed didn't say who used which one.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080829/MULTIMEDIA01/80829021

ETA: Link

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Personal note to GG in this event: carry something beginning with a 4 !

Yata hey

unreconstructed1

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Personal note to GG in this event: carry something beginning with a 4 !

Yata hey

Q: why do you carry a .45?

A: because they don't make a .46.

sorry, your comment just reminded me of that.

jbone

imported post

Great thathe was able to defend himself, but a shame such a young person has gone so far astray. Hope this was the kidswake up call!

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I wonder if there's video from the Walmart surveillance cameras. If there is, and if it gets introduced as evidence, then it becomes public property. Someone up there can request a copy; and maybe we can watch and learn.

MetalChris

imported post

jbone wrote:
Great thathe was able to defend himself, but a shame such a young person has gone so far astray. Hope this was the kidswake up call!
I think it's a shame that the scumbag lived to potentially rob again.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

MetalChris wrote:
jbone wrote:
I think it's a shame that the scumbag lived to potentially rob again.
You may be assuranced that he will receive much personal attention from the general population if he is sentenced as an adult. He will learn humility and how to give....until it hurts. :shock: Not necessarily right but that is the way it is.

Yata hey

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

As a night employee at wal-mart, even a rural one, I've seen some messed up stuff, but nothing nearly this bad. makes me wonder why they won't even let us have a loaded gun there while shopping because we are an employee. yet alone in the glove box of the car while working, that would be nice. But clearly Wal-mart protects thier customers and employees so there is no need of our own protection. K, I'm done ranting, we can all go back to life now.

AnaxImperator

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
I do not see from the reports that I have read that the BG ever hit the ground though. Shot in the legs - yes, continued exchanging fire through the car door and then was found hiding.

Eastman did a good thing - he moved - first dropping down, then running away - both good tatical responses.

Having to react quickly after being shot at first, then fighting from the ground, and making multiple hits on a pair of moving (likely) legs, albeit at close range.... that takes either a fair amount of skill, or a fair dose of luck to accomplish. Ground fighting with handguns and/or rifles is difficult even when just training,and much more so with someone shooting back. Just think of the many reported LEO/BG shootings where each was standing still & facing off at less than 10ft, each dumping an entire magazine....with minor orno hits made by either the LEO or BG.

And I agree also thatEastman made a wise move by retreating into the store after the threatran away. While I'd rest better knowing that whoever attacked me is permanently out-of-order; when the fight ends with the BG runnin' or dyin', there's not much else to do. But hey, at least this'll give Mr. Eastman thehint to obtain something that chucks a more sizable pill; imagine what a .357 would do to a femur or tibula/fibula, at point-blank range. :lol:

Tucker6900

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Six shots... Hmm could it e a revolver?

What cal were the bullets in bad guys leg?
Might need to consider bigger/better bullets if it left anything bigger than a stump.

I do hope the gun has already been returned by now.
After all wallmart still hasn't appologized for endangering his safety by not
reporting the illeagal carriers the way they do the leagal OC'rs.

It just says:

during which at least six shots were fired, police said.

Nothing about who shot how many.

Huck

imported post

RIAShooter wrote:
DreQo wrote:
RIAShooter wrote:
DreQo wrote:
unreconstructed1 wrote:
Jacques was treated for three bullet wounds to his lower legs

it would seem to me that Mr. Eastman would benefit from a decent defensive firearms class.
After he dropped to the ground, he shot the 17-year-old in the legs under the car door.
Sounds like he was shooting from the ground under the door, so he fired at a known target instead of trying to guess where center of mass was. He definitely gave the bad guy a whole lot more leeway than I would have. Then again, he handled the situation well enough to get out of it alive, so he was successful.
Sounds to me like the 4th shot missed, it should have been lodged somewhere between the optic nerve and brainstem once he hit the ground
Yeah, 'cause comments like those are helpful. He neutralized the threat and suffered little injury to himself and none to others. He did exactly what he should have done. It would have been murder to take the time for a properly placed head-shot AFTER the thread ceased.
Sorry we disgree here if he's laying on the ground with a gun, he still has a gun. How many rounds to you fire in self defense? Enough to stop the threat. Unless he threw the gun once he hit the ground, or I saw it hit the ground before he did, I would spend the extra .5 seconds it took me to line up on his head, my personal opinion we don't have to agree
As a old WWI vet once told me "just because a enemy is down, it dos'nt mean he's out of the fight." Good advice. Ifany of ushave to do what Mr. Eastman did dont assume the bad guy is harmless just because you dropped him. I like to think that I'd hold my weapon on himuntil I was sure that he was no longer a threat, but that's assuming that I aint too shook up to think about doing so. And I know I'd be really shaken up.

JBinMontana

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
You may be assuranced that he will receive much personal attention from the general population if he is sentenced as an adult. He will learn humility and how to give....until it hurts. :shock: Not necessarily right but that is the way it is.

Yata hey
puke.gif