• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why does anyone need an AR15 ???

eye95

Let me make sure that everyone understands this: ARs are not for hitting each other over the head nor for poking in the eye. Do not attempt to honk them either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.

<o>

crazydude6030

But that is a good point, and I have read some statistics at some time that showed that video games might actually be playing a part in lowering violence. It provides a release and an outlet for young men.

Do you have some links on that? I have always felt that was the case but few have even mentioned it. When I was a kid I would have been in lots of trouble had it not been for a few games to pass the time.

sudden valley gunner

Do you have some links on that? I have always felt that was the case but few have even mentioned it. When I was a kid I would have been in lots of trouble had it not been for a few games to pass the time.

I'm sorry I don't so it is just anecdotal at the moment. It was something I had read in passing.

From my simple observance it appears to be that way too, I remember how rough and tough my school was, my children go to that same school and it seems they are more interested in challenging each other over x-box then duking it out. :p

My son a self proclaimed "all around nerd", says he loves school nobody cares if you are a nerd now a days.

He also told me "Thanks to President Bush's no child left behind, he doesn't have to work very hard"......:banghead:

P.S. A quick Bing search gave this link http://www.uta.edu/business/newspdfs/Ward, Mike kdaf-violent-video-games-may-lower-Oct 25 2011.pdf

Last edited:

Superlite27

"Why do civilians NEED an AR-15?"

I enjoy being asked that question by (sheep/unthinking/clueless) people.

It gives me the opportunity to reply with several questions of my own that will, hopefully, stir their idle minds to activity.

I always validate that question by replying, "That's a good question. Now that the door has been opened to open dialogue, I'll answer your question in a straightforward manner if you'll answer mine in the same manner. Do we have a deal?"

I NEED an AR-15 in the same manner that I NEED to attend church. I NEED an AR-15 in the same manner I NEED to see a warrant before I let the police enter my home and rifle through my personal effects simply because they want to. I NEED an AR-15 in the same manner I NEED an attorney when I'm accused of something and need to appear in court.

Now.....my turn.

Who gets the heavy responsibility of determining what I do and do not NEED? If I believe I NEED a hamburger, I go buy one. I don't NEED the government to determine If I NEED one. If I believe I NEED a new shirt, I go buy one. I don't NEED the government to determine If I NEED one. In my quest for life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, I ALONE AM THE SOLE AUTHORITY ON WHAT I NEED.

My question to you, now that I've plainly and straightforwardly answered yours........

Who do you feel should be granted the authority and the power to determine what rights we do or do not NEED, if not ourselves as individuals?

.....then I usually watch them try to squirm around answering my question. I'm an ass, though. I remind them how succinctly answered their question and ask them what happened to that "open dialogue" they were so enamoured of earlier.

LkWd_Don

I won't try to answer that for others as some folks will say they need one and others will say they simply want one.

In my case, I want one for one very important reason, for protection.
The other firearms I already own might provide me with limited protection, but they do not have the range or same ability that an AR15 has.

As I carried the M16 and other variants throughout my time with the US Army and qualifying expert with it at distances up to 500 meters (without a scope).
I know full well what its capabilities are, and now that my eyesight is not what it was when I was 20, what I will need to do to get that kind of accuracy again.

LOL Buy a scpoe to go with it.