• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why Don't They Openly Carry In Wisconsin?

jrm

imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:

To the best of my recollection you were libeled on this board for your offers of assistance.

:?
Yes, I was. But, a thick skin goes with the job of suing the government. I'm still willing to help if anyone is willing to stand up for himself.

jrm

imported post

fepowered wrote:
Ahhhh..... someone with neither the time nor money to do so themself is making demands on others...... :cool:

Nothing is stopping you from taking up this personal crusade on the part of the timid Wisconsin sheep...... ;)

It is much easier to insult all instead of making an eduated informed statement about specific problems.... Wisconsin does have dissent in its ranks. Part of theissue is that some of the organized CCW groups are not supporting the OC cause and dissagree with actions down this road for fear of an OC permit system being proposed, legislated and implemented. Things are moving very slow and maybe even backwards at this time, but there IS grass roots movement which willlikely reenergize thecurrent stagnant movement. Either lend a hand and helpor kindly keep your nose out...
I don't really have the time or the money, but I'm willing to donate them anyway. But, something is stopping me from taking up the crusade:

No one in WI is willing to be a plaintiff. Nope, not one single person is willing to stand up for himself and take on the government.

I'm trying to lend a hand, but no one is taking it.

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

jrm wrote:
To the WI residents that complain about out-of-staters just typing on their keyboards but no offering any assistance, what say you?
It has been only 5 hours, but I can swear I really do hear crickets.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Malum Prohibitum wrote:
jrm wrote:
To the WI residents that complain about out-of-staters just typing on their keyboards but no offering any assistance, what say you?
It has been only 5 hours, but I can swear I really do hear crickets.

I can hear them here in Ohio.

JRM - Thank you!! I will be in touch with you.

jrm

imported post

BB62 wrote:

JRM - Thank you!! I will be in touch with you.
OK. PM me or, without much effort, you can find all my direct contact information. Hint: go to www.georgiacarry.org and click on the links to any litigation documents filed by the plaintiffs.

jrm

imported post

JUMPMASTER wrote:
Or maybe us nutmeggers are over taxed and cannot afford to fund such legal bills.
You won't know if you don't ask.

madpegtod

imported post

jrm wrote:
BB62 wrote:
Is there not a single attorney in Wisconsin who believes strongly enough in the RKBA (or simply civil rights) to take the fight (pro-bono, or at greatly reduced cost) to the powers that be?

My goodness!
Yes, there is (assuming by "attorney in Wisconsin" you mean an attorney licensed in Wisconsin though not necessarily based in Wisconsin).

I am.

I have offered multiple times to bring a 1983 case in Wisconsin against officers or governments that arrest or threaten to arrest someone for OCing. I have offered to do so at a greatly reduced fee (approximately 75% discount off my normal rates) plus expenses. It is not cost effective for me to make this offer. My overhead is not likely to be covered. I make the offer because I feel strongly about the issue and would like to help. No one seems to want the help, though.

A chance to have JRM, aka"the hammer", represent you for 75% off?!?

Suhhh-WEET!!!! :celebrate