• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why I love OCDO...

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
There is yet another OC debate going on at that particular MD forum...

It is believed that widespread California-style OC will result in negative consequences from the legislature in the form of a concealed carry requirement as well as other & more terrible laws for gun owners.

The best case scenario (though terrible still) is that an order will come down the chain of command from the MSP Superintendent to restrict the licenses to concealed only for personal protection applicants. If you look at Gura's stay request response yesterday to the 4th circuit, this was discussed as an option.

We lose OC due to lack of prudence in the next year, we lose it in MD for a generation.

In Washington state, it took us almost two years in rural & suburban areas before we were able to acclimatize the populace to OC in downtown Seattle. It may take a bit longer in Maryland because no state RKBA & no carrying culture there.

77zach

Could the ca 4th say "good and substantial" stands and that Md must allow unlicensed OC? That would of course be too good to be true. If it did, I think the Md legislature would pass a shall issue law in the next session so people will hide their scary guns.

swinokur

Activist Member
No, the original case only addressed G & S, nothing else. That's all the court is being asked to consider. Can the GA enact other carry legislation? Absolutley. We wait yet again