• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why Open Carry?

cobaltmarine

My reason to OC is very simple. I'm a very patriotic American. As so I joined the military By doing so, I swore to protect and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies, foriegn and domestic. Last time I checked politicians fall under one of those categories...

ADMINISTRATOR NOTE: Some politicians are corrupt and some vote against our rights but not all politicians are enemies of the United States. We need to use the ballot box to make sure that fewer and fewer are anti-gun.

MontyBurns

Welcome.

Yes, there is. Criminals, in their own words have stated that they avoid armed people in favor of unarmed victims.

Think of the difference between OC and CC as analogous to the difference between uniformed police officers and undercover officers or between marked police cars and unmarked cars. The former, in all three cases, is designed to prevent crime. The latter is designed to allow the crime to happen while remaining able to react to it. I kinda prefer to stop it before it happens. Others prefer the satisfaction of making the bad guy pay for his nefarious deeds.

Seems like common sense. I just made a trip through New Mexico and decided to OC. I did notice people were far more friendly...

GasCharged

After hearing this from the VA thread:
Listen to what the NRA's number one boy has to say about OC:
www.ustream.tv/recorded/13467913 OC comments starts at 7:50

and then reading this thread.
I now feel that OC is a tactical advantage, because you avoid a conflict with the BG.

Do I OC....no do I CC no.....then why....

Well I didn't like the little 380 TCP, I sold it, what do I want, a good old wheel gun DA/SA....

What do I have...a couple of Ruger Vaqueros SA 357's, to practice with for the cowboy shoots, I've shot more that 750 rounds at the range....

What am I getting...a shoulder harness for a Ruger....

For OC and CC....

I'm just an older guy that wants to help with 2A and keep what was given us, a few hundred years ago....

Packer fan

After hearing this from the VA thread:
Listen to what the NRA's number one boy has to say about OC:
www.ustream.tv/recorded/13467913 OC comments starts at 7:50

and then reading this thread.
I now feel that OC is a tactical advantage, because you avoid a conflict with the BG.

Do I OC....no do I CC no.....then why....

Well I didn't like the little 380 TCP, I sold it, what do I want, a good old wheel gun DA/SA....

What do I have...a couple of Ruger Vaqueros SA 357's, to practice with for the cowboy shoots, I've shot more that 750 rounds at the range....

What am I getting...a shoulder harness for a Ruger....

For OC and CC....

I'm just an older guy that wants to help with 2A and keep what was given us, a few hundred years ago....

I listened to this live and could not believe what I heard. With no, NO, NOOO, evidence he goes on the rant. He has been a cop; so why do cops OC? At what point does CC become a tactical advantage before, during, or after an attack? I've post these same questions before in other threads and in other forums. Why do we just take people's personal opinion and not ask them questions.

If this what the #1 NRA boy thinks of OC what does that say about what the NRA thinks of your right. This is why I believe people are so fearful of OC. He does more harm than good on his rant. IMHO.