• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wife takes my AR-15!

spurrit

imported post

Imagine the look on the guy's face if she'd pulled the curtain aside while he was peeking, and saw her standing there, pointing the AR at him! He woulda fertilised the fruit of the looms!

Flintlock

imported post

hamourkiller wrote:
Our Sherrif dept has a kind of you take care of it attitude. Once called about a bunch of stray dogs dropped off by people. I wanted animal control out to fix the problem. The lady dispatcher asked "Do you have a shot gun?" then said goodby. Needless to say the problems went to the burn pile.

That is awesome. :cool:

If only all areas had a take-care-of-it attitude like that.

LongRider

imported post

hamourkiller wrote:
Last year we had security cameras installed around the perimitter of our house,
If you have not done it already have the cameras set up to send the images to an off site internet server. Be sure that friends and family have the URL so that no matter what happens some one can go look at the evidence. Setting at least one "hidden" camera up to catch license plates is also a good move. Cars are easier to locate than physical descriptions

Mini14

imported post

Good wife! Now buy .45s and AR15A2s for the family, because you won't be able to if Obamazilla/Hildabeast gets in.

IamMick

imported post

hamourkiller wrote:
Last year we had security camera....Well about 10:30PM my 13yr old son notices a stranger walking up the drive way and...
...deer. She still sees him as her baby (6' 275 LB Baby!). All in all I was proud of her and the children for acting well under...

Not meaning to resurrect this threadafter almost 2 years but I am assuming your second son is older? If not that's the biggest 14yr old I have ever seen.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

IamMick wrote:
hamourkiller wrote:
Last year we had security camera....Well about 10:30PM my 13yr old son notices a stranger walking up the drive way and...
...deer. She still sees him as her baby (6' 275 LB Baby!). All in all I was proud of her and the children for acting well under...

Not meaning to resurrect this threadafter almost 2 years but I am assuming your second son is older? If not that's the biggest 14yr old I have ever seen.

Well, I'm glad you did revive it. That is a great story. People need to becareful about coming on to other people's property unannounced and uninvited.

Bless Gun Toting Protective Moms

asdf1220269513.jpg

Decoligny

imported post

HankT wrote:
hamourkiller wrote:
HankT wrote:

Did the original workman ever come back for his tools? Did he acknowledge sending some guy to pick them up for him?

The owner of the firm came and picked up his contractors tools and seemed very uneasy about discussing things. I suspect he had a problem with liability and wanted the incident over with. We never saw them again.

That sounds like the intruder was somehow involved with the contractor, then. How else would the intruder know about the tools?

I think you had the owner over a barrel on this one. His contractor and the guy who showed up at your house are obviously connected. And the owner was responsible for at least one of those guys.

hamourkiller wrote:
The dog and cameras make a pretty good system.
Yes, that sounds sweet.
I think the original Contractor left his tools as an alibi for his criminal friend.

"I was just stopping by to see if I could pick up my friend Bob's tools", and if nobody had been home, he may well have gotten away with the tools and your valuables.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
HankT wrote:
hamourkiller wrote:
HankT wrote:

Did the original workman ever come back for his tools? Did he acknowledge sending some guy to pick them up for him?

The owner of the firm came and picked up his contractors tools and seemed very uneasy about discussing things. I suspect he had a problem with liability and wanted the incident over with. We never saw them again.

That sounds like the intruder was somehow involved with the contractor, then. How else would the intruder know about the tools?

I think you had the owner over a barrel on this one. His contractor and the guy who showed up at your house are obviously connected. And the owner was responsible for at least one of those guys.

hamourkiller wrote:
Yes, that sounds sweet.
I think the original Contractor left his tools as an alibi for his criminal friend.

"I was just stopping by to see if I could pick up my friend Bob's tools", and if nobody had been home, he may well have gotten away with the tools and your valuables.

Very much so. Just odd you would do so after installing a surveilance system.

Thats as dumb as placing a gun free zone over a mall in hopes to make it safer. :cuss:

okboomer

imported post

Did someone say AR-15?

ARandAccessoriesSmallWebview.jpg

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I had contractors at my house yesterday installing a new front door. I armed myself when they called to let me know they were on the way. You just never know. No issues to report on thankfully.

BTW, The new door has amultipoint latch system for added security:D

sudden valley gunner

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Glad to hear it turned out OK......curious why the sheriff didn't arrest the f'er for trespassing and attempted burglary.........

It's not tresspassing if the driveway or sidewalk is open to the public untile being told to leave. And no evidence of burglary....just "suspicous activity".

+1 for the wife.

markand

imported post

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]After I read this post to my wife Deborah, she said, "What's the matter with this guy -- calling them 'his' guns? Tell him that he needs to SHARE, plus he needs to buy his wife her own guns, just like you did for me!"[/font]

slowfiveoh

imported post

20151_106113399399757_100000032930920_160091_6217277_n.jpg

I haven't let the Mrs. fire it yet for fear of it never being returned. ;)

I figured something like that was possible, and now you substantiated it! LOL!

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

hamourkiller wrote:
Cameras are good and are worth the money
I use a concealed camera which e-mails any detected movement until after I turn it off upon return. I always get the ten or fifteen pics of me walking up to turn it off, but one day I caught dozens of pics of one of the maintenance man rifling through my DVD collection. He was taking the DVDs from their cases, leaving the cases.

He only took three, but that was enough. I did the police report, but decided not to press charges as he was fired for cause by the apartment complex manager during the height of the recession. That had to hurt...

okboomer

imported post

Slowfiveoh wrote:
I haven't let the Mrs. fire it yet for fear of it never being returned. ;)

I figured something like that was possible, and now you substantiated it! LOL!
Here's a thought, BUY HER HER OWN :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Hunting Mama

Not deep enough in the Woods, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

It always is a good thing to know that your woman can protect the home front confidently when the man is out of the house. :D

Kudo's to your wife. I think that I scare my husband sometimes. He is the big hunter of the family, I hunt too, but I am the one who is usually armed and have multiple weapons within my reach in bed. Good thing that we have a real good relationship! :celebrate

Needless to say, the unwanted Jehovah's and salesmen don't show up any more once I greeted them with my little friend on my side.

Lesson to all the men: Make sure your wives know how to shoot well and give them their own firepower.;)

Remington Irons

imported post

hamourkiller wrote:
The big problem is My AR-15 turned into Her AR-15!

When I used to travel my wife would sleep with my AR-15. Since we lived in a suburban neighborhood I pointed out that the weapon was overkill and put our neighbors in danger. She countered by demonstating the sound of the bolt slamming home when the release was pressed and said "That sound will scare them off."

I later bought her a licensed side-by-side sawed-off 12 guage and loaded it with #1. I told her to point it at an intruder and pull both triggers. I said "That sound will scare them off."

A friend suggested I could have let her use my Remington pump, pointing out thatracking a shell makes a pretty scary sound. But my wifeshort-shucks it most of time she tries it. Notmuch can go wrong with a breach loader.

CoupeDevil

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
HankT wrote:
hamourkiller wrote:
HankT wrote:

hamourkiller wrote:
Yes, that sounds sweet.

Thinking the same thing. Who knows, maybe contractor overheard you say something about your work schedule to your wife or kid, or said something on the phone while arranging to get them back, like, "what time will you be around, so i can come get my tools". Maybe thought your wife would be an easy target.
Old post, but a goodie. Glad everything went well.