• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wife's readiness state worries me

Pyro01

Hey guys, while I appreciate all the comments and insightful ideas, I do agree with thebigsd. If you're trying to get a point across, I got what you're saying and there are better ways to do it because I really don't appreciate any comments made about rape. I love my wife dearly, and she may not have the best street smarts in the world, but if there's one thing that infuriates me the most is the remote possibility of that happening to her. I have a one hour drive to and from work, and if someone did break into our house while I was gone and did such a thing, I would have no idea until I came home or received a call. In the future, please don't make comments like that.

Thank you all.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Hey guys, while I appreciate all the comments and insightful ideas, I do agree with thebigsd. If you're trying to get a point across, I got what you're saying and there are better ways to do it because I really don't appreciate any comments made about rape. I love my wife dearly, and she may not have the best street smarts in the world, but if there's one thing that infuriates me the most is the remote possibility of that happening to her. I have a one hour drive to and from work, and if someone did break into our house while I was gone and did such a thing, I would have no idea until I came home or received a call. In the future, please don't make comments like that.

Thank you all.

I am sorry that you don't like the rape word, it is a pretty ugly word, I AGREE..... but that's what happens to women that don't have OR CHOOSE not to have the ability to defend themselves...If you don't like people stating the obvious then in the future refrain from posting your thoughts on your wifes voluntary inability to defend herself.

Vandil

My 105 pound Black lab & Labs in General might not be Attack Deadly Gaurd dogs, But my very Muscular stout Lab has a BOOMING BARK light a Rottweiler plus this low growl that is right out of a scary movie & my Lab would turn offensive if an unknown came into the house... my Moms little WEINER DOG IS worse HE WOULD ATTACK & TEAR OFF YOUR ANKLES...THOSE 2 AS A TEAM..i PITTY THE SCUM BAG THAT BREAKS INTO MY HOUSE....BECAUSE FIRST YOU GET THE DOGS...then ya get me :) YOU MIGHT SURVIVE THE DOGS..but IF YOU HURT THEM....then I hurt the Scum Bag worse... :(

Plus I like the fact that my Home insurance won't go through the roof, if you have a GSH, rot, Doby or Pitbull your insurance goes way up.....

I've owned GSD's for longer than my house so I guess I've got no experience for comparison on insurance rates.

Here we have mine about as opposite in personality as you can get. Male GSD would rip your face off for delivering the mail. The other is like your lab a great barker, the Coonhound would probably want to curl up on the invaders lap. All are excellent with my own very young ear hanging ankle biter. Dogs are a bit like guns when it comes to personal preference and the qualities inherent in each breed.

IMG_2787.JPG

100_0477.JPG

2010-12-12%25252011.42.22.jpg

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I've owned GSD's for longer than my house so I guess I've got no experience for comparison on insurance rates.

Here we have mine about as opposite in personality as you can get. Male GSD would rip your face off for delivering the mail. The other is like your lab a great barker, the Coonhound would probably want to curl up on the invaders lap. All are excellent with my own very young ear hanging ankle biter. Dogs are a bit like guns when it comes to personal preference and the qualities inherent in each breed.

IMG_2787.JPG

100_0477.JPG

2010-12-12%25252011.42.22.jpg

Both are Beautiful Dogs!!! But that picture of the Coon hound with the Cigar &
Beer is Priceless !!!

Zeus

Remind me to never ask a question regarding my wife here... j/c a little sensitivity would be nice.

Outdoorsman1

Remind me to never ask a question regarding my wife here... j/c a little sensitivity would be nice.

+1....If I had a wife.... But same would apply to any lady I happen to be with at any given time... I like to call it respect.... There are many way's to make a point... some respectfull.. some not so much.

Outdoorsman1

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
+1....If I had a wife.... But same would apply to any lady I happen to be with at any given time... I like to call it respect.... There are many way's to make a point... some respectfull.. some not so much.

Outdoorsman1

I really was trying to be as respectful as I could..but people regardless of gender (( SHEEP )) who go through life thinking they live in this beautiful utopian society where nothing bad ever happens to anyone & THE police will be there just in the nick of time to save them...DO not get my respect as they have shown them selves to be foolish & deserving of the bad thing because they chose to live in a fantasy world that does not exist. It sure does sound cold & heartless but reality is Cold & unforgiving...

Last edited: