• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc Annual Meeting

Outdoorsman1

State Meeting Car Pool..

I would be up for an early arrival... To get there early I would think we should leave the Lake Geneva area (Hwy 12 North..??) by around no later than 9:30..??. I will confirm time to get there via Mapquest and my GPS tomorrow. I will post more info tomorrow as far as the car pool thing... So far looks like me, HandyHamlet, Running Wolf, ...

There was a guy at Lizzy's Friday night that expressed an interest. He was not on this website yet but was from Union Grove and I think his name was Dennis..???

I am in Silver Lake (Kenosha County) so I am thinking about meeting up at the Burger King at the N.W. corrner of the intersection of Hwy 50 and 75 (just west of Paddock Lake. There is plenty of safe parking there to leave your cars. Then west on Hwy 50 and just follow the GPS from there...

I will post more tomorrow...

If anybody else in the area is planning on going, we could all meet up and caravan up to the meeting...

Outdoorsman.

Looks like the car ppol thing is a go...confirmed.. myself, HandyHamlet, and Runningwolf,

Still waiting for a reply from one other person. If anybody else is interested in meeting up just west of Paddock Lake around 9:15 for an early arrival let me know..looks like we might have 1 seat available..

Outdoorsman

Outdoorsman1

S.e. Wi car pool ...1 open seat...

Bump

We are leaving the Paddock Lake area (Intersection of Hwy 50 & 75) Sunday morning at 9:30 to arrive a little early for brunch. We still have 1 open seat. Anybody interested PM me or reply here...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Bump...

4th seat in the carpool just spoken for... we are full up and good to go..:banana:

See ya's at the meeting....

Outdoorsman1

protias

Someone introduced himself and his son to me today. I am sorry, but I already forgot your name. I confess, I am terrible with names. If you are on the forum, please send me a PM and reintroduce yourself.

HandyHamlet

No one has chimed in yet except protias?

Thanks WC,Inc! I thought the turnout was quite impressive! Well done.

phred

No one has chimed in yet except protias?

Thanks WC,Inc! I thought the turnout was quite impressive! Well done.

Hey man, it's early. Yes, it was a very nice event. 'Twas a great chance to meet new people, put faces to names, and touch base with "old" friends. Literature and merchandise was also available. We heard a good "state of the union" address too. All in all, it was well worth the trip.

I am looking forward to some picnics this spring and summer. "Cowboy, ya hearin' me?

proneblocked

This was the first WCI meeting I have been able to attend since joining in Feb 2010. Coincidentally it was also my first time OC'ing. Thank you WCI for picking up the refreshments tab and thank you for providing a friendly atmosphere for my first time.

MKEgal

Nice as they were to us, I hope that next year we need a bigger facility. :)
As a guess, I'd say there were at least 60 people, and maybe closer to 100?
Anyone get a head count?

[sarcasm]Amazingly, with the high concentration of guns (& even the proximity of alcohol) I know of nobody who suffered so much as a hangnail.[/sarcasm]
So much for the anti's dire predictions.

Thanks for the soda, nice to see & talk with people, good to hear how our membership has grown [won't say the #, but it's in the multiple thousands] & how WCI continues to stand up for our rights.
And Protias, glad to see the situation resolved & you got home OK.

protias

This was the first WCI meeting I have been able to attend since joining in Feb 2010. Coincidentally it was also my first time OC'ing. Thank you WCI for picking up the refreshments tab and thank you for providing a friendly atmosphere for my first time.
You carried like you've been doing it this entire time. :)

HandyHamlet

Just a suggestion to WC,Inc., but it would be nice to have a posted recap of the meeting for the benefit of those who could not attend. (and for those who forgot the name of the other group there who spoke and are allies...)

XDFDE45

ATF was in da HOUSE :dude:. protias I missed you :cry:. I was just about to ask someone if you were there and then I got sidetracked talking to someone else (or maybe it was that cute little waitress) :banghead:. It was a good meeting and it was great to see that many people make it. Hopefully we can get that many people to some of the Tea Party rallies that are coming up.

protias

Just a suggestion to WC,Inc., but it would be nice to have a posted recap of the meeting for the benefit of those who could not attend. (and for those who forgot the name of the other group there who spoke and are allies...)

I like this idea. :)

ATF was in da HOUSE :dude:. protias I missed you :cry:. I was just about to ask someone if you were there and then I got sidetracked talking to someone else (or maybe it was that cute little waitress) :banghead:. It was a good meeting and it was great to see that many people make it. Hopefully we can get that many people to some of the Tea Party rallies that are coming up.
I don't know how you missed me. I was wearing my blaze orange shirt. Then again, the waitresses were good looking. And on that, I will stop talking... :uhoh:

AaronS

Someone introduced himself and his son to me today. I am sorry, but I already forgot your name. I confess, I am terrible with names. If you are on the forum, please send me a PM and reintroduce yourself.

Are you thinking of the kid with the Lil gun on his side? That was cool to see. Start him off early I guess (I have no kids). His dad was a nice guy also. Don't remember his name though...

Outdoorsman1

I also saw the dad and little kid with the little gun holstered on his hip... it looked like a real holster and an almost real gun...

I am new to this group and I waited until the meeting to join up.. also got me a hat a tee shirt...

I thought the turnout was great... I would have guess close to 200 people. I was able to meet knew people and put faces to some usernames that have become familar due to their interesting posts.

We did the car pool thing and that also went great. It was myself, HandHamlet, Runningwolf, and Civilwarguy... the company and conversation made the drive enjoyable as well as affordable :banana:.

I was also able to pick up some literature and a few "Guns Save Lives" buttons along with a bunch of "Business" cards to hand out. I plan on having them handy when I get questioned while OC'ing.

The information presented by the board was EXCELLENT, very encouraging... Thank you all for the opportunity to get together at the meeting and all you do for the cause.

Outdoorsman1