• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin open carry cookout now in planning stages

Mr. Greg

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'll be home from college this summer for a short time, probably the last few weeks of May, if we're researching dates for another picnic.

Hell, with what happened yesterday, why not start planning a walk/march?

2shooters

imported post

I am new to the site and to Wi....having a little problem following the forums backwards. Should the newest postings not show first?
Anyway, when/where is the next picnic? I have a conceal carry permit from OK so I must be trustworthy! Wi. seems so backwards in some of its leaders thinking. Did I actually read somewhere that if the chance for CC here ever came around that all the county sheriff's would fight it tooth and nail? Seems so silly...hope I am not off topic!

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

2shooters wrote:
I am new to the site and to Wi....having a little problem following the forums backwards. Should the newest postings not show first?
Anyway, when/where is the next picnic? I have a conceal carry permit from OK so I must be trustworthy! Wi. seems so backwards in some of its leaders thinking. Did I actually read somewhere that if the chance for CC here ever came around that all the county sheriff's would fight it tooth and nail? Seems so silly...hope I am not off topic!
Welcome to OCDO! Concealed carry has passed twice in Wisconsin, only to be vetoed by our illustrious* governor. Both times he was able to narrowly avoid having his veto overridden by arm-twisted a couple of legislators to change their vote. It wouldn't be fair to say every sheriff would fight it tooth and nail, many would, but some actually have supported the idea in the past.

* an archaic definition of "illustrious" means "to shine brightly with light." I am, of course referring to Gov. Doyle's shiny little head.

Mr. Greg

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tomm1963 suggested South Shore Park on Memorial Day for a picnic in another thread. I think that's a great idea: No problems with School Zones, close proximity to Downtown...

Plus, I'd be home. :lol:

tomm1963 wrote:
Might I suggest South Shore Park on Memorial Day. Right in the spot where an illegal alien shot up a peaceful neighborhood killing 2 then fled to Mexico.

http://origin.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197429,00.html

Beautiful park on the lake that the media loves to use as a backdrop for various reporting.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
2shooters wrote:
Welcome to OCDO! Concealed carry has passed twice in Wisconsin, only to be vetoed by our illustrious* governor. Both times he was able to narrowly avoid having his veto overridden by arm-twisted a couple of legislators to change their vote. It wouldn't be fair to say every sheriff would fight it tooth and nail, many would, but some actually have supported the idea in the past.

* an archaic definition of "illustrious" means "to shine brightly with light." I am, of course referring to Gov. Doyle's shiny little head.

I was also disappointed that we did not get CCW provisions, But if you look through that bill closer it would have really limited our ability to carry a firearm. The only plus I saw on the bill after it get all 'Frankensteined", was that we could have the ability to keep a loaded firearm in our vehicles for personal safety. Other states allow that without any permitting and is it available to non-residents also (see; Florida)

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Thats the best quote ive seen in a while! :)

i remember the first time CC passed.. everyone was pretty happy about it.. then.. well you all know what happened then..

patriotguy

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

WI Patriot wrote:
Now that AG Van Hollen FINALLY gave an opinion on open carry, (http://www.doj.state.wi.us/news/files/FinalOpenCarryMemo.pdf) this would be a great time to get media coverage. Youtube video has a great example of an open carry picnic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY8XxVmSpCQ.

My respect to those on this post who have carried the torch for this cause. I look forward to meeting all of you in person.

Regards.
I was just called by a Journal-Sentinel reporter who had some questions about OC picnics. I told him there are a couple in the planning stages, but that I can't give many details because the details are not settled yet. He asked the purpose of such gatherings and I told him it was primarily a social gathering allowing people who know each other in these forums to get together and meet in person.

Mr. Greg

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Rick Finsta wrote:
Brilliant, shotgun.

OK, so who's on board for a Milwaukee event?
Mr. Greg wrote:
tomm1963 suggested South Shore Park on Memorial Day for a picnic in another thread. I think that's a great idea: No problems with School Zones, close proximity to Downtown...

Plus, I'd be home. :lol:

tomm1963 wrote:
Might I suggest South Shore Park on Memorial Day. Right in the spot where an illegal alien shot up a peaceful neighborhood killing 2 then fled to Mexico.

http://origin.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197429,00.html

Beautiful park on the lake that the media loves to use as a backdrop for various reporting.
:lol: