• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

With gas prices on the rise...

jbone

The difference being he didn't have any desire too see a flood of guns and ammo in private possesion. This was an even entirely in spite of him, not because of something he intentionally manipulated or was incompetent too improve upon.

But if his GIGANIC ears were never in the picture, it would have not played out as it did. He was still the root cause.

Tawnos

Yes, and I hope American's are smart enough to look at both sides of the argument and see the world according Tawnos is not the world we live in. I understand your subtle insult perfectly, just as I understand gas pricing can realistically be affected by a President’s failed and radical, foreign and domestic policies.

I suppose his radical politics didn't have any impact on the rising prices of guns and Ammo a few years back.

Fear that another AWB would be passed spurred on those price increases. I don't see anyone fearing he's going to ban cars or gasoline any time soon ;).

You seem to live in a world of paranoid delusions. From "both sides of the arguments" you'd see that if the president really has the effect on prices you are claiming, then Obama has done better than Bush at maintaining stable prices. However, I don't think that's the case. I think we experienced a severe contraction in prices spurred by a flagging economy and resultant reduction in expenditure. As volatility decreased and the markets began to show signs of stability or life, prices returned to the pre-contraction levels (but importantly, not above). They've pretty much stayed there since then. One need only look at those inflation-adjusted prices to see the truth of that.

Of course, you have a bone to pick with him, so why let the facts stand in the way?

jbone

Fear that another AWB would be passed spurred on those price increases. I don't see anyone fearing he's going to ban cars or gasoline any time soon ;).

You seem to live in a world of paranoid delusions. From "both sides of the arguments" you'd see that if the president really has the effect on prices you are claiming, then Obama has done better than Bush at maintaining stable prices. However, I don't think that's the case. I think we experienced a severe contraction in prices spurred by a flagging economy and resultant reduction in expenditure. As volatility decreased and the markets began to show signs of stability or life, prices returned to the pre-contraction levels (but importantly, not above). They've pretty much stayed there since then. One need only look at those inflation-adjusted prices to see the truth of that.

Of course, you have a bone to pick with him, so why let the facts stand in the way?

I don't know where you are on the left-right scale but I do know you need to take the flower out of your hair, and slap yourself for a good wake-up.

Tawnos

I don't know where you are on the left-right scale but I do know you need to take the flower out of your hair, and slap yourself for a good wake-up.

It's clear you and most people here don't know where I am on the scale.

Haven't taken this in a while, but here's where it shows me at present:
http://politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=2.38&soc=-4.51

That said, I saw a great comic the other day. It had a picture of the stock market with its peaks and valleys. Underneath it was captioned "how politicians view the stock market." Each decline had a red arrow labeled "their fault." Each rise had a green arrow labeled "our fault."

Edit: found it:
tumblr_m04i9ov3s31rqsv71o1_500.gif

I think the same blindness occurs when talking about the price of gas, a commodity controlled more by OPEC and import/exports than by any other force.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

One reason speculation affects the price of fuel is because we are not doing more at home, so when something happens abroad, it affects our prices more.

I'd like to ask where are the bills from the republicans in the senate or congress that frees up the regulations here at home?

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
One reason speculation affects the price of fuel is because we are not doing more at home, so when something happens abroad, it affects our prices more.

I'd like to ask where are the bills from the republicans in the senate or congress that frees up the regulations here at home?

Good question. Though I don't know how the house republican could get a bill past the moonbat controled senate, let alone the asshat in the WH. It would be a waste of time I suppose, but they should be raising hell.

Beretta92FSLady

Good question. Though I don't know how the house republican could get a bill past the moonbat controled senate, let alone the asshat in the WH. It would be a waste of time I suppose, but they should be raising hell.

Why aren't they raising hell? It might be a waste of time since President Obama would veto the bill, that is, if they got it through the Senate but why not push the issue? One would think there would be a political gain from such a push.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Why aren't they raising hell? It might be a waste of time since President Obama would veto the bill, that is, if they got it through the Senate but why not push the issue? One would think there would be a political gain from such a push.

It depends, they're not going to get any air time beyond Fox "news" and AM radio anyway. The other networks will do little more than grill them about their stock holdings in Exxon-Mobile, accuse them of racism, and being flat-earthers with a callous disregard for our children's environment.

They're picking their battles, and since we're already pissed and know who to blame there's no reason in their "minds" to do so.

Beretta92FSLady

It depends, they're not going to get any air time beyond Fox "news" and AM radio anyway. The other networks will do little more than grill them about their stock holdings in Exxon-Mobile, accuse them of racism, and being flat-earthers with a callous disregard for our children's environment.

They're picking their battles, and since we're already pissed and know who to blame there's no reason in their "minds" to do so.

Damn Liberal conspiracies.:rolleyes:

I did like that line President Obama stated about flat-earthers.

jbone

True about the veto and senate blocking, and true that "One would think there would be a political gain from such a push" But we are not dealing with normal, were dealing with Obama. One with a known radical personal agenda, and anti-America decision making processes.

Just as releasing reserves, not even a short term band aid, but a process he can claim as his for his reelection. The reserves are required for more important things, but buy his way of thinking his campaign for reelection is that war, or serve crisis where it's needed. So yes It would be a waste of time, because we know Obama will only be thinking of himself, as always, but nevertheless they should be on his ass for us.

Beretta92FSLady

True about the veto and senate blocking, and true that "One would think there would be a political gain from such a push" But we are not dealing with normal, were dealing with Obama. One with a known radical personal agenda, and anti-America decision making processes.

Just as releasing reserves, not even a short term band aid, but a process he can claim as his for his reelection. The reserves are required for more important things, but buy his way of thinking his campaign for reelection is that war, or serve crisis where it's needed. So yes It would be a waste of time, because we know Obama will only be thinking of himself, as always, but nevertheless they should be on his ass for us.

I am not aware that President Obama opened up our reserves. Is this true?; I haven't reade the news today.

sudden valley gunner

They probably won't, but to not try and then point their fingers at the last guy in the line shows the hypocrisy of these guys and shows me this isn't about helping the people from the R's or D's it's about their political game.

I'm not saying the Obama administration has no culpability ...

Beretta92FSLady

They probably won't, but to not try and then point their fingers at the last guy in the line shows the hypocrisy of these guys and shows me this isn't about helping the people from the R's or D's it's about their political game.

"Is President Obama a chess master or a pawn?," I seen that on the front of a magazine yesterday. He is a chess master, IMO.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member

There has been some effort, not enough to suit you and I though, to draw more attention to the executive branch's hostility to oil production. They do have a lot of other crap that they're doing, and like I said, short of setting themselves on fire, they're not going to get any attention from the media. They did try to push the oil pipeline, knowing it would get vetoed. If you're an MSNBC acolyte (and I know you aren't, but for those zombies who are) you'd never know just how much the administration and the buearucrats in DC are culpable.

I think if the repugs had more senate seats they'd be able to bypass the executive, cut funding for regulation enforcement, override vetos for drilling. Wether or not they would since the oil corporation who donate to their campaigns might have objections is another issue which I find just as deplorable.