• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman accidentally shoots self during handgun class

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Citizen wrote:
openryan wrote:
Certainly things in this country have changed since those words were first written, thus I feel that certain measures pertaining to many aspects of our county need to grow with the county.

Not totally sure what you mean by this. If I've got it sideways, let me know. I'm thinkingperhaps you mean the Constitution needs tochange to keep up with changes in ourcountry. Please permit me to contribute some ideas.

Human nature hasn't changed in 5000 yrs of recorded history in theWest. The things the Constitution was written to protect againstwere happening long before it was written and are still happening today.

There were someinterestingLTEs recentlyin theWashington Times. They were responding tocalls for aWorld Government. The supporters of a WorldGov't werepitching the benefits; but all overlooked something critical. OneLTE quoted George Washington to the effect that government is not eloquent or rational. Government is force, brute force, and the threat of force. That is how compliance isobtained with whatever policy, uptopian or otherwise--force or threat of force. The critical overlookedpoint by the advocates was that if gov't has the force to compel good policy, it necessarily has the forceto compelbad policy if bad people get control.

Personally, I think the Constitution is rigged to allow continually increasing federalpower at the expense of the states and citizens.Certainly, that is what has beenoccuring since Day One. The Federal checks andbalances aren'tcompletely checking andbalancing, and growth and power increases have been the result.

The government already has far more power than ever intended bythe original ratifyingStates. I recommend against giving them more.

If we want to improve firearms safety, we make it a social cause. If the NRA is to be believed, their gun-safety programshave beenresponsible for dramatic decreases in gun accidents since the turn of the century, or perhaps the 1930's.
Well nothing gets done quickly in this country, and for a reason, our government was not set up for fast paced changes, either good or bad.

Could you please educate me as to what LTE means? I am not good with acronyms...:?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
HankT wrote:
...SNIP
Hawkflyer wrote:
Add to that his posting of PM's without consent of the other party, and I conclude he is morally bankrupt as well. (in case someone is wondering, PM's are just that, PRIVATE MESSAGES, not intended for posting on the forum).

There is no logic nor any rule against posting a PM on this forum. BobCav posted my PM to him a couple of months ago when it served his purposes. The wispiness of your objection to doing so is laid bare by your never saying anything about it when BobCav did it.

Men should stand by their actions and words. You should stand by yours. That's the problem, really. You don't like being held accountable for your utterances. Your selective objections to whatpeople do are quite apparant, Hawk. I'm sure it all makes sense to you insome rather convoluted way.
I do stand by my words. I believe that a training requirement could be put in place under the militia statutes, but not if ownership is restricted without the training. If you had posted the ENTIRE conversation in context, you would note that I stated that very specifically. I also believe that most firearms owners would resist that position. What part of the PRIVATE MESSAGE you posted says otherwise.

As to PRIVATE message posting. YOU posted a statement he made to you in private messages before he responded to correct your half truth posting. Of course as usual, you only referenced PART of his message, thus forcing him to post it in proper context. For the record I have never posted a PRIVATE MESSAGE from anyone, while this is a hallmark of your postings.

I stand by what I said. You are morally bankrupt, and you are an anti-rights troll. You are also more than just a little obsessed with refusing to answer questions. That is know as a lack of candor, or more commonly, lying. Clearly you have never OCed and probably are unable to obtain a CHP where you live as well. Your posting of images of OC rigs you supposedly own, and claims of owning a large collection of firearms does nothing to offset that view. Clearly you refuse to honestly answer questions because you would loose any credibility for most of the remarks you make here.
aw_jeez_not_this_shit_again2.jpg

unrequited

imported post

HankT wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
From my point if view the only thing Hank has ever attributed to me that was accurate is that I think he is an Anti Firearms rights troll, and through his misquotes and mischaracterizations of the posts of others he is a lier.

Aha! You call me a lier?  Well, I never!
angryfire.gif
Wow. Spelling attacks. You used to at least put effort into your trolling... I'm disSappointed.

Hawkflyer wrote:
As to PRIVATE message posting. YOU posted a statement he made to you in private messages before he responded to correct your half truth posting. Of course as usual, you only referenced PART of his message, thus forcing him to post it in proper context. For the record I have never posted a PRIVATE MESSAGE from anyone, while this is a hallmark of your postings.

I stand by what I said. You are morally bankrupt, and you are an anti-rights troll. You are also more than just a little obsessed with refusing to answer questions. That is know as a lack of candor, or more commonly, lying. Clearly you have never OCed and probably are unable to obtain a CHP where you live as well. Your posting of images of OC rigs you supposedly own, and claims of owning a large collection of firearms does nothing to offset that view. Clearly you refuse to honestly answer questions because you would loose any credibility for most of the remarks you make here.
Thank you Hawkflyer for saying what many think but might not want to type out (out of undeserved courtesey, or in my case laziness).