• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Women Says Shotgun Incident Was Misunderstanding

Gene Beasley

imported post

There's a lot that can be gleaned from the video. Kids that age really tend to mirror the temperament of their parents. Each adult had camera time and had plenty of opportunity to lambaste the police. Do they? No - their concern is for what happened to their daughter.

These do not strike me as low-life people. There is no problem with LPD making contact and investigating the situation. Pointing out that it's not too smart to stand near the bank with a shotgun (which by now they know is unloaded). I don't even care about whether this was an OC issue at this point. I'm just pissed at the citation for the chippiest disorderly conduct citation I can imagine. God, FIR them, have them keep the shotgun in the carand get on with your shift. This is where I wish I was a Lawyer and felt the need to do some pro bono work.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

maclean wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
A lookout with a full sized shotgun?  Now you are the MORON!  You haven't got a clue of how to be a bad guy.  Standing outside on the sidewalk with a long gun as a lookout fails in the primary purpose of the lookout.  That is to blend in and not draw attention of anyone or the cops especially.  Christ,  you better walk the straight and narrow because you aren't smart enough to be a criminal.  Very poor logic skills also.

If criminals were so smart, they wouldn't get caught.

The fact is, I've seen stupider shit, INCLUDING 'lookouts' with FRS radios telling the dealer to stash his stuff, with the dealer radioing back where the stash was, of course, the police listening in the whole time.

You'd never know if I was a successful bank robber, I wouldn't be caught ;)

If I was going to rob a bank, I'd setup a spread sprectum sweeping jammer, centered around 850 Mhz and sweeping up and down +/- 100 Mhz. It'd kill every nextel and trunked radio system within about 30 miles, and considering failsoft is usually digital, it'd wipe out failsoft as well, introducing so much interference as to be unusable.. By the time PD was able to get their heads out of their asses and figure out what'd happen (and find the hidden transmitter) I'd have a few hours headstart, more than enough time to get away comfortably.

It'd be easier to rob an armored car.... More money, easier target, less witnesses, easier to jam, etc.

But I digress..

No criminal would ever rob a store but leave his ID on the counter,leave a 20$ on the counter and 'escape' with 12$ that was in the register, walk past a fully marked police car into a gun shop and announce a robbery with a gun in his hand, run your truck into a store to break the door tearing off your bumper with the license plate attached for the officers to find..etc etc

So, SURELY, they'd never post a 'lookout' with a shotgun in plain view of the public.

Sounds like YOU are out of touch with reality, 'bear'.
The failsoft is analog in King County. Just sayin.

Unmodulated carrier changed to random audible data bursts... CHECK!

lol. I'm glad someone here knows what failsoft is...

Bear 45/70

imported post

swillden wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
For a supposed pro gun group you guy are as anti as can be. Never give a person the benefit of the doubt.
rolleyes.gif
I'd make sure my lawyer kick your sorry asses off any jury I had to face.
I'm not anti-gun at all. Just taking issue with comments that don't make sense.

Personally, I don't think the woman should have been charged with anything.

BTW, since you're so big on giving people the benefit of the doubt, you should probably go apologize on a half-dozen other threads where you conspicuously failed to do that.
Don't make sense? You turkeys are all acting like walking down the street with a gun is an occassion for the cops to go into SWAT mode. The bank is irrevivant to the issue as is the gun being along gun. She was breaking no laws and the cops turned it into a three ring circus and then have the balls to write her a ticket for something they caused. The cop caused the disorderly conduct, not her. They plain and simple overreacted and pointed M16s at a woman, breaking no laws, with a 5 year old with her. Nowtell me, what part of what I just said doesn't make sense and isn't true?

Trigger Dr

imported post

Bear,

You have made your point several times. As you do not seem to agree with anything said by any other person here, please acknowledge the FACT that we understand what you are saying. We may not agree in part or in totality, But it remains we have an opinion also and it is as valid or invalid as yours.

Now....just give it a rest were getting a little tired of the same tripe in a different package.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Bear,

You have made your point several times. As you do not seem to agree with anything said by any other person here, please acknowledge the FACT that we understand what you are saying. We may not agree in part or in totality, But it remains we have an opinion also and it is as valid or invalid as yours.

Now....just give it a rest were getting a little tired of the same tripe in a different package.
What you say maybe true for you but when someone says I'm making no sense at all,it is obvious he does not see anything but his own bias.

Bear 45/70

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Look in the mirror and repeat your last post.
I never said anyone was making no sense. I just said they had the wrong view and were agreeing with the cops, who were wrong and flat a$$ over reacted to the situation. I also don't think that most of them would be so hard line if I wasn't taking the position that I am and that shows great bias by way to many here.

antispam540

imported post

You're welcome to say that we're wrong, but that also means we're welcome to say that you're wrong.

Why don't we just agree to disagree, ok? Mutual respect/tolerance all around!