• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would it be legal to sign away your rights to a corporation?

sudden valley gunner

If rights are not inalienable they are not rights.

Or others are infringing upon them.

No you cannot sign your rights away.

"protected class" is doesn't even belong in a discussion about rights.

radio3579

Can you agree to abrogate your own rights by agreeing to a contract, yes. Can you be forced to, no.

If the terms and conditions of a contract are not acceptable, then either try to negotiate better terms or simply do not sign. If it is for employment you can always seek a job elsewhere.

nonameisgood

Can you agree to abrogate your own rights by agreeing to a contract, yes. Can you be forced to, no.

If the terms and conditions of a contract are not acceptable, then either try to negotiate better terms or simply do not sign. If it is for employment you can always seek a job elsewhere.

"Before I can hire you, you must sign this contract agreeing that you will not drive a blue car nor get married." But then what if it was more like "...contract agreeing you will not vote for a republican nor speak about politics outside of your home and then only to family members."
I'm not sure the first case would be acceptable and it doesn't involve constitutionally-protected rights as does the second case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk