• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WSP going to the Smith & Wesson M&P

Johnny Law

imported post

Interestingly, S&W took all the HK's in on trade, and are going to resell them themselves. The individual Officers may purchase them @ $400 each, but they will not be available to the public.

gsx1138

imported post

I went to the local gun shop up here. I hadn't even given the M&P a second look. However, once I had it in my hand and looked down the sights I was impressed. The feel is perfect and it practically points itself. S&W really did do it right.

That said, the wife still liked the FNP-9 a little better because of the long double action pull on the first shot. She's convinced herself that it is safer with kids in the house.

But after that arrives I'm seriously looking at getting a M&P for a practice weapon.

Landpimp

imported post

yes WSP and WA DOC went to the M&P, cant tell you the Troopers were all that pleased with going to the M&P

the WSP deal works like this, the troopers each get to buy their gun(or other troopers) for $400 each, as we are doing All the officer transfers(all over WA)I can tell you, almost all the 1200 are buying their HKs back. Those that are not bought by the Troopers will go back to S&W directly, we are actaully collecting the $400 each for S&W.

We sold the WSP and DOC all there new holsters and DOC thier M&P, yes we got a bunch of the WA DOC HK's in trade, many were BRAND new. Pretty much correct S&W is pushing the M&P so hard they are almost givin them away.

LEED will not have ANY of the WSP HK's for sale, DOC yes we may have some more coming.

we just got some used W. German SIg 220's from an agency, $495 2 mags ;)

(BTW I ended up here reading the BS rant about Mary's)

oh..... another big local agency just ordered a pile of HK P30's...whichI gotta say suprised me as HK is still the royal PITA as always.......and this is from a guy that owns 100 HK's

John from LEED

massivedesign

imported post

John..

A lot of the troopers are just going to private sale even though they have deep love for the H&K's. The market in the next few months will be flooded locally with them.. Unfortunately.

Welcome to OCDO!!

Landpimp

imported post

suspect your correct, have had many that bought more than a few.

but the troopers will be in them $440(400 to S&W, 40 for transfer)and really dont think they can get much more than $550 for the used 40's.

more 40's coming from another local agency......see I am just not a 40 cal lover(have some) so I have a hard time getting to excited, I like 9mm and 45acp. Also have little love for any semi S&W besides the model 41, now S&W wheelguns...well I am a truly addicted to those ;)

thanks and feel free to stop in anytime, my guess is you have many times :) the Mrs(Connie) and I are helping out at LEED, I was so darned burned out in RE(even when the $$$ were great) I just left one day.....time to do something I LOVE and one thing I know besides guns is customer service....I was the RE guy that would go under the house, in the attic, help clients move, etc etc

might be worth a look at the WAC show this weekend....we have some new "stuff" coming this week. I(look for HK hat)will there both days at the table, might even take some of my guns down to sell.....but its so hard to part with any

been meaning to get over here along time ago...:)

John

massivedesign wrote:
John..

A lot of the troopers are just going to private sale even though they have deep love for the H&K's. The market in the next few months will be flooded locally with them.. Unfortunately.

Welcome to OCDO!!

massivedesign

imported post

Actually, I have never been to LEED. But have always wanted to.

Is there an online database of the LE surplus items? I visit the GA surplus site often, but of course firearms are not listed there.

Is the LEED store with the firearms also located in Auburn?

Landpimp

imported post

weare a bit old school(but in a good way)for now(I will be working on that), so no list of surplus/trade guns, we sometimes just never know what going to show up.

LEED is in Tacoma as well as a store in OR, both are real brick and mortor stores, the Tacoma store is a old bank :) Been in biz since 1994.

our door says Law Enforment ONLY....mostly to keep the riff raft out, but we are open for retail sales 6 days aweek

http://www.leedway.com/c=Sj6xmsEg5cGzTzkuXtmoq10ax/about_us.cgis

web site is run by OR store, Matt is more techie

I didnt mean to come here to pimp LEED, but more than happy to answer any questions or help any find a gun or part(we are HK Armorers as well, most all USP parts in stock)

FYI, I guess Lew Horton will end up with a bunch of the WADOC 9 and 45's, some S&W deal they worked out.

so yup.......alot of used USP's will be floating around

massivedesign

imported post

Well, I am getting my hands on a few of them.. Not LE but it's good to know a few people in the higher ups that think of us.

I'll have to stop by the tac store one of these days, it's only 30min from me.