• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTH is going on in Aurora?

thaJack

o Aurora police officers had specific, credible information and were certain that the armed bank robbery suspect was in one of 19 cars stopped at the intersection.

Even if a random search has a 1 in 19 chance of catching a criminal it does not produce RAS.

o Eventually, the police identified and arrested the suspect, in part through technology and in part through the goodwill and patience of the other citizens involved.

Re-iterating the fact that the ends justify the means?

In the end, the process of identifying the suspect took longer than anyone anticipated. Police Chief Oates has publicly apologized for that.

The moron is apologizing for the WRONG THING!

The City Attorney is comfortable that the officers' actions were lawful, given the extraordinarily unusual and dangerous circumstances of the event.

I would argue that there was no danger.

It was the positive and cooperative assistance of our residents that day that led to the arrest of a very dangerous criminal who is now facing federal prosecution.

This line should read: "It was the positive and cooperative assistance of the sheep that day that led to the arrest of a very dangerous criminal who will now walk free because the evidence we gathered was fruit of a poisoned tree. However, the chief, mayor and City Attorney are not sure yet what a poisoned tree is. They believe it is some kind of legal term."

JamesB

So, i haven't yet been inducted into the conspiracy theory alluminum hat brigade, but has anyone heard anything at all about this here thing since the cinema shooting?

M-Taliesin

Yeah, looks to me like the commentary regarding Aurora PD has changed, somewhat.

Shame, looks like they got off the hook on this one.

Howdy Friends!
The Aurora theater shooting, and subsequent excellent response by the Aurora PD who were on scene within 90 seconds, may have served to knock the June 2nd debacle off the front page, but certainly not off the minds of those citizens who were detained, handcuffed and held for more than 2 hours as though they'd committed a crime.

I would suspect that, while not hearing anything on the news, lawyers are circling that particular incident like sharks drawn to blood in the water.

Don't believe we've heard the last of the June 2nd attack on citizen's rights.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Anubis

nothing new

To anybody who says that the military would never take up arms against the citizens of the USA, you are kiddin right.

Its already happened.

Yes. The most infamous examples to me are executive order 9066 and before that the "Bonus Army" incident of 1932.

In the latter case, WWI veterans, protesting in Washington DC because of not receiving a pay bonus authorized to them, were attacked by order of President Hoover. In the attack, General Douglas MacArthur led army troops, Major George Patton (assisted by Major Dwight Eisenhower) led tanks. Most Americans may think these guys were 100% purely great patriots and war heroes.

Like Chairman Mao wrote, power comes out of the muzzle of a gun barrel. Face reality or live in denial.

Last edited: