• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WV Stories of OC

armysgt2008

Eastern Panhandle. Berkeley County

Open carried in the Walmart in Spring Mills today to get some milk for the little one. This is my second time OCing in Walmart and the first time was a breeze as there wasnt many people in the store. I asked an employee for some help, she looked at me, then down to my sidearm, smiled then continued to help me.

Second time was about 2030 and I was walking to the dairy section to get said Milk. I walked between two groups of people and the woman on my right damn near fell in the cooler. I smiled. Then walking past a family of African-Americans I heard dad say something under his breath and then his son replied...WHERE!? So all in all not too bad. I still get a bit nervous somtimes..simply because I'm not looking foward to that first run in the LE.

Anyone in Martinsburg have any recent intersting stories?

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Since I'm new to this OCing thing, i'm not real sure what City Owned Property we are talking about minus the obvious...Court House, Jail, Tax Office and so forth... Forgive my noobness, please educate me.

Open carried in the Walmart in Spring Mills today to get some milk for the little one. This is my second time OCing in Walmart and the first time was a breeze as there wasnt many people in the store. I asked an employee for some help, she looked at me, then down to my sidearm, smiled then continued to help me.

Second time was about 2030 and I was walking to the dairy section to get said Milk. I walked between two groups of people and the woman on my right damn near fell in the cooler. I smiled. Then walking past a family of African-Americans I heard dad say something under his breath and then his son replied...WHERE!? So all in all not too bad. I still get a bit nervous somtimes..simply because I'm not looking foward to that first run in the LE.

Anyone in Martinsburg have any recent intersting stories?

Yeah, generally the only thing I don't like about OCing is that people generally find it unusual and thus note worthy. So no one is running around screaming and panicking but they are noticing you. I generally would rather not be the center of attention but the gun sometimes makes me feel that way.

The city ordinance again firearms on property controlled by the city is not something I worry about a whole lot. It is a pain but just remember it is the same as private property; if they ask you to leave and you leave you're fine. The appalling thing is we're not talking about private property. We talking about buildings built with your taxes, and people paid with your taxes telling you you can't carry on their property!

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

OD'ed my Sig to the Hedgesville landfill and Martinsburg Lowes.
Good to go.

Although it's tough finding ways to carry my recorder without a shirt with a front pocket.

twoskinsonemanns

I've never made it out that far west but welcome to the forum!

Today I open carried all over the place, Glockcop, Burger King, Walmart, Chinese buffet a couple other places. Getting to be like I hardly think of it any more.

Sig229

I've never made it out that far west but welcome to the forum!

Today I open carried all over the place, Glockcop, Burger King, Walmart, Chinese buffet a couple other places. Getting to be like I hardly think of it any more.

Just curious, what part of WV do you live in? (I think I may have asked you already but not sure)

I OC'ed today at Hardee's, BFS, a gun shop called "2nd Amendment" on Van Voorhis Rd. in Morgantown.

Then I went up to the infamous WV Rest Stop on I-79 southbound and made sure the "No Guns" sign was taken down and in fact it was.
So, I thank all of those who sent emails about that illegal sign and also the WVCDL for the support.

Also, the gun shop called "2nd Amendment" was great. The owner and his wife were very very nice and helpful.

Once I get my first paycheck from Mylan I plan on buying a couple of stripped AR lowers from him. He really has decent prices on his firearms and accessories too.

I urge all of you to go and check the place out. They have a great selection of Handguns and a pretty good inventory of rifles.
He also didnt care that I OC'ed in his store.

His hours are 11am-6pm and I think he's closed on Sunday's.

Last edited:

jaygee

thanks twoskins! I actually go to morgantown everyday for work and always stopping at the bfs i get off at the sabraton exit. Have you guys ever OC at that bfs,kroger or any place off that exit?

twoskinsonemanns

Internet was down for a couple of days.
Anyway Sig I'm over in the Eastern Panhandle near Martinsburg. About 3 hours from Morgantown.

Also yesterday I OC all over. Tango Down range in Hedgesville, Chic-Fil-A, Lowes, Martins Grocery, Ruby Tuesdays....think that's it.

twoskinsonemanns

thanks twoskins! I actually go to morgantown everyday for work and always stopping at the bfs i get off at the sabraton exit. Have you guys ever OC at that bfs,kroger or any place off that exit?

No problem jaygee, I love to see new OCers in West-by-God-Virginia!!

Sig229

I have never OC'ed at the Sabraton BFS or Kroger, but I OC all the time at the BFS off of exit 10 and the Kroger near Mon Gen hospital.

Never had a problem.
Which is strange considering all the cars in the parking lot with New Jersey, Maryland and New York plates. LOL

Ex Pat

Open carried in Nicholas county over the weekend. Stopped for gas and Cope (really need to quit) on the way home from our newly purchased cabin in the mountains. Hopefully with the cabin purchase, you guys will get more OC reports from me:D

twoskinsonemanns

Open carried in Nicholas county over the weekend. Stopped for gas and Cope (really need to quit) on the way home from our newly purchased cabin in the mountains. Hopefully with the cabin purchase, you guys will get more OC reports from me:D

Awesome Ex Pat, glad to see you made it back to this thread.
What do you normally carry?

Ex Pat

USP 45 Compact which I've had a like / hate relationship with over the years. I like the gun OK, but hate the weight. Back when purchased, it was one of the few 45's that would fit my hand before all the interchangeable back straps, etc. came out.

twoskinsonemanns

USP 45 Compact which I've had a like / hate relationship with over the years. I like the gun OK, but hate the weight. Back when purchased, it was one of the few 45's that would fit my hand before all the interchangeable back straps, etc. came out.

Yeah the weight... You know I shot a friend's Glock 19 today and was reminded of how heavy my Sig 9mm and Bersa UC9mm are in comparison.

Got my oh so envious eye on the new Springfield XDS. I small thin single stack 45 that I'm drooling over.

twoskinsonemanns

OCed inside a Shell gas station and also in the dreaded Walmart, today.
I hate Walmart but I was astounded to find I was almost completely out of 9mm today as I prepared to go to a range to meet a friend. I went through an entire case (1000rds) of federal eagle in about a month. I might have a problem :D

Anyway IIRC the only other time I went to Walmart in the last 6 months I was OCing but using an IWB so it was sort of half OC. Didn't know what to expect since I happen to have on the very obvious, shiny 357mag paddle on today. No problems though.
Once I got over the smell of the place I was in and out.

Then OCed to my favorite range, 30 mikes away since the huge, NRA approved, Colt sponsored, "tactical complex" 2 miles up the road from me is anti 2A (they are posted).

had a wonderful time shooting many hand guns and semi-auto rifles. Good times! Except now I gotta clean all those damn things!

papa bear

I was going to ask you if you were pro gun control MALARKEY, but you got censored. i really didn't see that you attacked anyone though

twoskinsonemanns

Didn't get out a lot yesterday, but I did drive out and pick up a pizza at dominoes. OCing of course.

ETA: May we pretty please save this thread for accounts of WV OC ?

Last edited: