• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yellow Cat Visits Wisconsin - Again (Maybe the last time for awhile.)

jpm84092

Yellow Cat Has A Problem - I Cant Meet Everyone's Requests

PM sent...The wife and I can make it to option #2, the WI CWL course on Saturday the 12th.

PM responded to. However the numbers favor those who want the UT course followed by the WI Course that is abbreviated due to redundancy with the UT Course. I am puzzled on how to respond to this situation. And, still some of my former students are asking for advanced classes.

Here is something to consider. The UT Course is good enough for a WI Permit if I also provide each UT student with a WI Specific supplemental Cert that contains all the info required by WI DOJ. It is a four hour course that meets the DOJ emergency rule definition of a "firearms familiarity and safety course" - and - each UT Class student will receive my stamp on his/her UT CFP application AND the supplemental Cert good in WI. I am confident of this because several of my students who did not yet send in their UT CFP application form, and who emailed me for a Supplemental Cert to go with their UT application, have posted in the PERMIT ARRIVED thread. They already have their Wisconsin License To Carry A Concealed Weapon card.

Thus, if enough people are willing to be satisfied to take the UT course (with really low fees) I can teach my previous students the more advanced things - or - do a UT followed by a WI course that has taken advantage of the redundancy in the courses. - And, maybe after that, or if enough people opt for the UT Course only with a Supplemental Cert, I can then teach my former students the more advanced techniques.

Yellow Cat is trying to do the most for the most folks, but maybe my generous nature got me in trouble this time with no way to satisfy everyone. I offer my apologies for this and we will just have to see how it plays out.

Yellow Cat Out -

MKEgal

rcav8r said:
The way I understand it, come Nov. 1st, Utah will no longer honor a out of state permit for WI residents because we now have a permit system?
If so, then the only reason to get a UT permit is for those states that WI doesn't recognize?
I'm guessing that probably more states will recognize a UT permit than a WI permit. Have to wait & see.

One very good reason to take this UT class is that it's $40 or less,
which is even less than I will be teaching it for (I think I've decided on $50 for UT, or $80 for the WI course based on the DOJ info),
which is considerably less than other area training. (Until & unless WI Carry has classes.)

Take a copy of the UT class completion cert, send it w/ your WI application, then when your WI card arrives send a copy of that w/ the original UT cert to get your UT permit.

Jim, I completely understand that we probably won't be able to do the golfing with Glocks. :(
Will have to practice on my own.
For the rest of the mess, I think we should do the UT class Saturday (at your considerably reduced prices) followed by a supplemental discussion of WI laws, then if people are interested we can discuss/practice retention.

I've had one request to schedule a WI class in-home for a small group.
Am amenable to doing the same for UT as soon as I'm official.

oak1971 said:
I know two older ladies (both WI residents) that are interested in Wisconsin and Florida permits. Will send them your way if you are so inclined.
IIRC, Florida requires live fire. I can work with them.

kc9sbd

See all tomorrow

i will be bringing tv as another backup just in case due to mkegal being arrested in milwaukee friday morning. hope she is doing okay and gets out soon. see all tomorrow.

jpm84092

Reminder - Reminder - Reminder

NEWS FOR THE SATURDAY, 11-12-11 CLASS (UT CFP followed by WI CWL supplemental class - WI Class to be taught using slides obtained from WI DOJ Website.)

By now, most of my students know that my assistant instructor, MKEgal, is facing difficult and regrettable circumstances in Milwaukee (details can be found in a related post). We will all miss her bright and cheery self at class today just as she was missed at yesterday's class.

OLDSCHOOL has lent a big screen TV and computer cable to the Yellow Cat.

Yellow Cat needs a semiautomatic pistol to use as a demonstrator - 9mm or .45 ACP (because that is what I have dummy ammo for). OLDSCHOOL has provided 20 printed Supplemental Certs (used in conjunction with a copy of the UT CFP application meets Wisconsin DOJ requirements). We may need more as this class is beginning to shape up like the one in September at which we expected 6 - 8 students and got 33.

Reminder: Students must have the course materials in paper or electronic format (laptop, flash drive, CD, etc)

Link to course materials: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/MTC20115162011.pdf

All students must have an application which should be filled out before class.

Link to application: http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/CFPapp0811.pdf

NRA Classroom Rules - NO LIVE AMMUNITION IN THE CLASSROOM

LUNCH = Lunch will consist of hot dogs and chips courtesy of the Yellow Cat. Students with special dietary needs are encouraged to bring a sack lunch. If somebody brings soda, that would be great and appreciated.

Former Students: All former students of the Yellow Cat are encouraged to audit the class for free as a refresher and to mix, mingle, and mentor new students.

Location: East Troy Airport - Students can park in the Park-N-Ride at the East Troy Airport and if too many cars are there, some car pooling may be needed. East Troy Airport is just off Highway 43 at the Highway 20 exit and the Park-N-Ride is about 1/2 mile down Highway L.

Yellow Cat Out -

jpm84092

MKEgal has now returned to society and she feels badly that she was not able to provide fingerprint cards to the students of the Yellow Cat Personal Defense UT CFP or WI CWL courses. When she is able to return to the internet (gets her laptop back from MKE impound) she will provide a way for Yellow Cat students to get a Utah fingerprint card.

If that falls through for you - PM the yellow cat and I will mail you a fingerprint card. In the interim, lets allow a member of WI Carry to "make good" on a promise. PM to MKEgal and let her supply you with a UT Fingerprint card - take it to your local LEO, and get your prints done.