• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yes Or No

sevenplusone

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
The judge just has a cool factor about it, not my fav gun, or brand, but I figured if ammo was a problem, which its not in this case, its an option.

I agree though, a 9 or a 40 would be ideal.

What's cool is a real .45colt revolver.

sevenplusone

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I know that, a 2" barrel and shot? more like a mini claymore than a handgun, but you cant hate it that bad, its an "only in america" pride thing.
That was originally designed for South American judges...okay, Miami is the theory. Let me research a little further. I believe it was South American judges trying Drug Cartels.

sevenplusone

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I know that, a 2" barrel and shot? more like a mini claymore than a handgun, but you cant hate it that bad, its an "only in america" pride thing.
Also 'only in America' is a good Colt or Smith and Wesson revolver in .44mag or .45LC. It'll deliver more energy more accurately...now that's American.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:
The judge just has a cool factor about it, not my fav gun, or brand, but I figured if ammo was a problem, which its not in this case, its an option.

You're right.
Because when you are defending yourself in public you want to use a 200-350gr cartridge that will penetrate 20-25 inches...

sevenplusone

imported post

Beerme wrote:
sevenplusone wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:

You're right.
Because when you are defending yourself in public you want to use a 200-350gr cartridge that will penetrate 20-25 inches...

Ha, I believe we've had this discussion before...

Yes, I'd take that over a couple of 66gr pellets moving at 700fps that have a lot less chance of actually striking their intended targets.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
Beerme wrote:
sevenplusone wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:

You're right.

Yes, I'd take that over a couple of 66gr pellets moving at 700fps that have a lot less chance of actually striking their intended targets.
So you would intentionally risk over penetration and doing harm to innocent bystanders???????????????
This is why bad things happen to innocent people
CARRY A PRACTICAL GUN FOR SELF DEFENSE
The Judge is great if you are in the brush, hunting snakes or small game.
But 200-350gr cartridge going 1600FPS and penetrating that deep is not good for self defense you would be intentionally putting others in harms way.
why not a 124gr 9mm JHP going 1100FPS
or why not a 230gr .45acp JHP going 890FPS

Why do you think you need to be able to shoot well through a Bad guy and have a round continue to fly and hit stuff?

You sir should not own a handgun if you don't care about the people that are beyond of what you are shooting at and just want the "Cool gun"
Seriously
GET REAL
Study what can happen if you over penetrate a target and strike personal property or worse an INNOCENT HUMAN BEING.
Think to yourself, is the chance of killing someone who shouldn't be killed worth people seeing how "Cool" and "American" my gun is?

If you think it is then you need to release your firearms to the hands of someone who can SANELY answer that question that should be common sense.

sevenplusone

imported post

Beerme wrote:
sevenplusone wrote:
Beerme wrote:
sevenplusone wrote:
stainless1911 wrote:

You're right.

So you would intentionally risk over penetration and doing harm to innocent bystanders???????????????
This is why bad things happen to innocent people
CARRY A PRACTICAL GUN FOR SELF DEFENSE
The Judge is great if you are in the brush, hunting snakes or small game.
But 200-350gr cartridge going 1600FPS and penetrating that deep is not good for self defense you would be intentionally putting others in harms way.

Why do you think you need to be able to shoot well through a Bad guy and have a round continue to fly and hit stuff?

You sir should not own a handgun if you don't care about the people that are beyond of what you are shooting at and just want the "Cool gun"
Seriously
GET REAL
Study what can happen if you over penetrate a target and strike personal property or worse an INNOCENT HUMAN BEING.
Think to yourself, is the chance of killing someone who shouldn't be killed worth people seeing how "Cool" and "American" my gun is?

If you think it is then you need to release your firearms to the hands of someone who can SANELY answer that question that should be common sense.

You need to calm down a titch. I never said either of them were good for carry, but that if given the choice I'm taking the Colt. So you're saying I should worry about over-penetration? Sure, I get it.

Can you promise me every single round you fire in an SD situation will hit it's intended target? I'm far more worried about the misses than the hits. WIth a miss it won't matter whether you used a 9mm, .32acp, or .44Mag.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

I think the Judge is for those who intend the gun for an at home defense gun. Many people prefer to use a shotgun at home because of the penetration issues with a FMJ or JHP handgun round, yet still want the handguns size, hideability, maneuverability, and convenience. The distances inside a home are ideal for a judge.

yes I said hideability. Just to be strange. Im not even sure its a real word.

UCWT

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
I think the Judge is for those who intend the gun for an at home defense gun. Many people prefer to use a shotgun at home because of the penetration issues with a FMJ or JHP handgun round, yet still want the handguns size, hideability, maneuverability, and convenience. The distances inside a home are ideal for a judge.

yes I said hideability. Just to be strange. Im not even sure its a real word.

this is the video from their site. they are showing it for in your car use...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNFJuTUXB4o&feature=player_embedded

UCWT

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
ok, but I dont want that much uncontrollable shot flying around in a parking lot.
right on i understand but...
you could shoot through the door to slow it down a little and get a lower head shot :p

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Beerme wrote:
Um, what? Maybe some uber-hot hand loads. High pressure hunting loads are around 1200 fps. Factory loaded standard run-of-the-mill ammo is normally 255 grain at 800-900 fps. Relax, dude. Ballistics don't matter even half a percent as much as shot placement, anyway. A 32-20 could go skipping down the road and kill someone innocent while a .44 magnum properly placed won't.