• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your thoughts on the Washington Arms Collectors

flienlow

I have attended WAC Guns shows in Puyallup and Sports Connection Gun Shows in Yakima and TriCities and found that at the WAC Gun Shows unless you are a member from what I understand you cannot buy a gun there and the Sports Connection Gun Shows there is not a restriction to my knowledge.

It is more of an issue for me that the Gun Shows have been most people selling at them are out pricing themselves and I have found better prices at local stores.
I was looking at a used Springfield XD in a Yakima show and it was priced at new gun prices! and the same was true about ammo and reloading supplies as well.

The Sports Connection Gun Shows requires all guns to be zipped tied and there is no unloading of magazines. There was no restriction as to membership to purchase a gun.

I agree with the concept if you do not like the way someone does business, go to a business you like.

Here are my absolutely worthless thoughts on the matter:
The last time I really attended these shows was in the 80's with my father. He sometimes had a table there and typical for the time frame, he would usually have a horse trade or some soft of Comshaw going on. I saw the Ol' Man buy a gun and 20 minutes later resell it to someone else for a profit. That has all seem to be lost. Now you are allowed to enter the show(non member) but in order to buy something you will need to pay for a membership. If all I care to do is casually buy a gun ever now and again, this doesn't make sense (at least for me.) That working in concert with the fact everyone seems to be asking an insane price for what they have makes me want to go to ANY local gun shop and buy full retail.

As far as a loaded carry in the show? I will just say I think they have the best policy, even an Anti 2A person could feel save knowing special care has been given to rendering weapons as save as possible. All it would take is some dumb SOB who "knows" what he is doing to cause an accident that would be difficult for WAC to over come.

SpyderTattoo

The last time I really attended these shows was in the 80's with my father. He sometimes had a table there and typical for the time frame, he would usually have a horse trade or some soft of Comshaw going on. I saw the Ol' Man buy a gun and 20 minutes later resell it to someone else for a profit. That has all seem to be lost. Now you are allowed to enter the show(non member) but in order to buy something you will need to pay for a membership. If all I care to do is casually buy a gun ever now and again, this doesn't make sense (at least for me.) That working in concert with the fact everyone seems to be asking an insane price for what they have makes me want to go to ANY local gun shop and buy full retail.

As far as a loaded carry in the show? I will just say I think they have the best policy, even an Anti 2A person could feel save knowing special care has been given to rendering weapons as save as possible. All it would take is some dumb SOB who "knows" what he is doing to cause an accident that would be difficult for WAC to over come.

Not quite right, you are able to purchase anything except firearms if you are not a member. Only members may purchase/sell/posess firearms.

SpyderTattoo

Not quite right, you are able to purchase anything except firearms if you are not a member. Only members may purchase/sell/posess firearms.