• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Zimmerman Medical Report Shows Broken Nose, Lacerations After Trayvon Martin Shooting

zack991

I don't know, but I would bet there is a very reasonable explanation for this. Such as he did not have access yet to those funds, or simply did not know about them yet. The prosecution knows they have no case, the evidence that has come out is 100% against them. The Special Prosecutor lied in the indictment and should be prosecuted herself for her misdeeds. He retained a second kick-butt attorney today, and they came out with this.....how convenient. They have known about the account for many weeks and now they decide to pull this shenanigan. This smacks of railroading big time. I fear they are trying to get "jail house justice" so they don't actually have to go to trial.

Agree 100% All this is going to do is piss off his supporters even more and I am sure he will have even more money donated and will be released. Unless the Judge can find another excuse to stop him from ever getting bail again. I can think of a number of cases where the defendant had charitable funds donated to their defensive and it was never used as an excuse to revoke their bail. Sounding more and more like a witch hunt more than finding justice.

So when is the judge going to lock up the prosecutor?

The day our courts system looks out for the public they are sworn to serve and follow the constitution will be a cold day in hell. There is no such thing as justice from our justice system. You can have all the facts on your side, but if the other attorney is a better story teller it means nothing.

The law is an adroit mixture of customs that are beneficial to society, and could be followed even if no law existed, and others that are of advantage to a ruling minority, but harmful to the masses of men, and can be enforced on them only by terror. ~Peter Kropotkin, Words of a Rebel

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Z didn't lie~~He was not asked and he did not offer information. That is an age old custom of court room behavior, never ever answer more than asked. As for his wife if they can prove she lied, they should then go after her not him, but alas they cannot prove she lied. This judge has now made it clear his bias for the prosecution. Even though the bail procedure cannot be used in the trial it looks like Z's attorneys have a big problem to contend with. Z should have taken his passport and money and headed for Brazil.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Z didn't lie~~He was not asked and he did not offer information. That is an age old custom of court room behavior, never ever answer more than asked. As for his wife if they can prove she lied, they should then go after her not him, but alas they cannot prove she lied. This judge has now made it clear his bias for the prosecution. Even though the bail procedure cannot be used in the trial it looks like Z's attorneys have a big problem to contend with. Z should have taken his passport and money and headed for Brazil.

We have had an extradition treaty with Brazil since December 17, 1964.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_extradition_treaties

rushcreek2

People like myself donated to George Zimmerman's family, and his cause because he was forced to abandon his employment under threat of a "lynching".

$15,000 would be the "customary" bail set for such a charge.

Zimmerman's enemies realize that a conviction isn't likely, and want to inflict jailhouse "justice" without due process. If this motion to increase the bond isn't denied, Zimmerman's attorney should seek a change of venue on the grounds that even the present judge is part of the "lynch mob".

Once a "reasonable " bond is finally decided upon - I will gladly donate to his exoneration fund.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

We have had an extradition treaty with Brazil since December 17, 1964.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_extradition_treaties

Well one of those South American countries... Hell he could live good in Cuba on 135 grand.

I had heard before that Brazil refused to extradite, and just checked and it is fairly common. One of the reasons is for political, and clearly IMO Z's case is political. Brazil might not see it that way though, there is also something in the treaty about sentences over thirty years.

Last edited:

Redbaron007

It appear he didn't lie, and it is breaking news, it has been known for weeks that Zimmerman received donations. Apparently he didn't know what the moneys were supposed to be considered.--I would fault his attorney for it, since they knew.

Without the transacripts, I will reserve judgment, but when you are requested to disclose assets/liabilities (I'm assuming this was asked, as it is in our state) by a judge, and you don't know, you ask to verify if it is to be included. Based upon the judge's response, I would assume Z should have disclosed it.

Now, the question comes in, does it make a difference. If he would have disclosed it as an untouchable trust, I don't think it would have made a difference. However, if Z had access to it prior to his attoney restructuring it, or did access it, no question.....it should have been considered in the bond hearing. JMHO.

zack991

Without the transacripts, I will reserve judgment, but when you are requested to disclose assets/liabilities (I'm assuming this was asked, as it is in our state) by a judge, and you don't know, you ask to verify if it is to be included. Based upon the judge's response, I would assume Z should have disclosed it.

Now, the question comes in, does it make a difference. If he would have disclosed it as an untouchable trust, I don't think it would have made a difference. However, if Z had access to it prior to his attoney restructuring it, or did access it, no question.....it should have been considered in the bond hearing. JMHO.

But here is the kicker, neither zimmerman or his wife or his lawyer have any access to the money. Either the judge did not know this or did not care. He had money raised for him, yes but none of the money that was raised for him is spent within their control. Z's legal team hope to point out that money raised by Z is in an independent trust and cannot be directly accessed by him or his attorneys. If neither Z nor his attorney have access to this fund then who does?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
But here is the kicker, neither zimmerman or his wife or his lawyer has zero personal access to the money. Either the judge did not know this or did not care. He had money raised for him yes but none of the way it was spent was in any of their control.

Get a cup of coffee - your trippin' on your words. Neither ........has zero access, means they have more than zero access = have access.

And as a matter of fact, the money is entirely within their control, but don't know that Z or his wife knew that.

zack991

Get a cup of coffee - your trippin' on your words. Neither ........has zero access, means they have more than zero access = have access.

And as a matter of fact, the money is entirely within their control, but don't know that Z or his wife knew that.
sorry just got off a 12 hour shift and thought I see what new posts were up prior to going to sleep. Sleepy fingers

Last edited:

Redbaron007

But here is the kicker, neither zimmerman or his wife or his lawyer have any access to the money. Either the judge did not know this or did not care. He had money raised for him, yes but none of the money that was raised for him is spent within their control. Z's legal team hope to point out that money raised by Z is in an independent trust and cannot be directly accessed by him or his attorneys. If neither Z nor his attorney have access to this fund then who does?

Remember, Z set up the online account PRIOR to his attorney's restructuring of it to a trust. The question comes to mind, when did this occur and did Z/wife/attorney have access/control of it? If they did during the bond hearing, then there is no question it should have been disclosed. Z may have thought he didn't have acces, but legally, he may have had full control; therefore, it would have been considered an asset which shouold have been disclosed.

rushcreek2

The court was aware of the existence of donation funds and should have required an accurate accounting of the current balance at the time bail was being considered. This is simply a vindictive, and spiteful after thought spawned by the very vocal lynch mob that is still pressuring the State.

Redbaron007

The court was aware of the existence of donation funds and should have required an accurate accounting of the current balance at the time bail was being considered. This is simply a vindictive, and spiteful after thought spawned by the very vocal lynch mob that is still pressuring the State.

If the court was aware, it doesn't make a difference; when the bond hearing occurred, Z and his wife were 'required' to supply the requested financial information; again, regardless of what the court was aware of. Also, if the court was aware, then why didn't they ask about it at the hearing?

Now, I can see the Special Prosecutor not making it a point in the hearing to further use it later to try and discredit Z; like right now. The media is making more of issue of it than anyone else. If OMara is any good, which I believe he is, he can and will explain it away so it's not an issue. Just part of the chess game.