• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carrier stopped in Dayton

OC for ME

...not sure the threat of being "divided and concurred" is fully appreciated here at OCDO? <snip>
Obviously LGs are skeerier (thx Grape - I'm gunna steal this one and give you the props as required under copyright law) and as such unwanted attention is the norm. OH is a pistol OC is OK state and as such (putting on my honorary junior moderator badge) OT. Now, if this were a case out of TX then Katy Bar The Door.

Anyway, there are plenty of videos out there where a skeerier LG carrier is approached as if he is ready to start dumping mags. I suspect that a pistol OCer would not have even been approached regardless of the area. Though, ya never know where cops are concerned. They all are for the 2A until they put their badged on and clock into work. Then the number of 2A supporters is visible reduced.

solus

:eek: :eek: :eek:

;)

Getting back to the subject at hand, I've made a number of contacts today with the Dayton police and the Beavercreek police, where there was apparently an incident the next day.

The written report from the Beavercreek P.D. is damning - of Adam Seaton, the evident creator of all this drama.

When I have all the evidence I'm waiting on, I will direct everyone to OFCC's thread because it's become clear to me that this one is turning into a snipe-fest.

thanks for doing the leg work, but ok, ok, ok, this is beginning to feel like the holidays with presents under the tree not knowing whats in them...

please post the info here since it has drawn sooooo much attention or if you are going to take your ball and play on the ohio CC site...ask Grape to shut and lock the thread down completely!

ipse

Last edited:

carolina guy

IMG_2277.jpg

The cop that has his back to us has his hand on his weapon.:eek:

But, after closer investigation the cops other hand is on his radio.

No alarm, his pants are falling down.

Punch that cop's Dunkin Donuts rewards card......

+1 :) Looks like all three in uniform might need their card punched.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
thanks for doing the leg work, but ok, ok, ok, this is beginning to feel like the holidays with presents under the tree not knowing whats in them...

please post the info here since it has drawn sooooo much attention or if you are going to take your ball and play on the ohio CC site...ask Grape to shut and lock the thread down completely!

ipse
Patience, patience.

I think I was more than fortunate to get the information I received the day I asked for it (that was only yesterday, btw). Right now the hold-up is this: there is a videotape mentioned in the Beavercreek report which the records officer could not immediately retrieve yesterday. It will either substantiate the claims in the report, reveal the reporting officer to be a liar, or be inconclusive.

The records officer is not working today, so you're just going to have to hold your horses until at least Monday. :(

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Status report: the video was picked up last night, and will be put into the mail to me today. I heard parts of it via telephone.

Understand that I am characterizing only the parts I could clearly hear, and that I haven't seen the body language between the parties.

It's apparent that the officer and one of the subjects (Seaton) knew each other and that the conversation was not adversarial. Understand that by "non-adversarial" I mean being as professional as one can be when you know someone, and that someone is telling you they're doing what they're doing in hopes of scoring a big legal settlement...

I will refrain from further comment until I get the video, then, with the help of people who can instruct me on how to post such things, I will post the video and the police reports.

solus

i am, unfortunately, technically inept on posting the video but to post pdf is relative innocuous ...

btw...thanks for running the gauntlet

i will reserve judgment until...but based on your initial comment...sounds staged and WHIO was sucked in inadvertently.

ipse

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
i am, unfortunately, technically inept on posting the video but to post pdf is relative innocuous ...

btw...thanks for running the gauntlet

i will reserve judgment until...but based on your initial comment...sounds staged and WHIO was sucked in inadvertently.

ipse
Remember, I am referring to a videotape from Beavercreek, which occurred the day AFTER Dayton. I will post the tape and reports from both communities, though.

What is your definition of "staged"?

Werz

I will refrain from further comment until I get the video, then, with the help of people who can instruct me on how to post such things, I will post the video and the police reports.
  1. Upload the video to YouTube
  2. Copy the YouTube URL for the video
  3. Click the video tag in posting options (just to the left of the QUOTE tag)
  4. Past the YouTube URL in the blank of the dialog box that appears
It's that easy. For instance, here's that video with the mean lady in black yelling at the big cowboy ...

[video=youtube;n29mODd0TCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29mODd0TCE[/video]

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--
It's that easy. For instance, here's that video with the mean lady in black yelling at the big cowboy ...
I had forgotten about that video - the lady(?) has a total disconnect with reality. :eek:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
  4. Past the YouTube URL in the blank of the dialog box that appears...
Okay, thanks, but I see that one needs a Google account for that. <sigh>

So, how does one upload the reports?

Last edited:

Werz

[/LIST]
Okay, thanks, but I see that one needs a Google account for that. <sigh>

So, how does one upload the reports?
Well, as long as you need to start a Google account, you might as well enable Google Docs. Upload as many PDF files as you want. Just make sure you enable them to be shared with anyone who has the link.

OC for ME

4. Past the YouTube URL in the blank of the dialog box that appears
Cowboys don't wear polo shirts. ;)

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I've just gotten the Beavercreek video into my hot little hands - I can view it, but am unable to personally convert it. It is a 315,000 KB QBX file from L3 Communications, Mobile-Vision Inc. (btw, AnyVideo Converter doesn't work on QBX files)

My computer wizard friend says he can knock it out without much problem, so I hope to have it up later today. I still need to check on the Google route in order to make the Dayton and Beavercreek reports available.

Quick review: the protagonist, Adam Seaton, disgusts me. After watching/listening to the videotape only once, my initial reaction is that the damning police report from Beavercreek is dead-on accurate.

Seaton thinks nothing of wasting police resources in an apparent attempt to put himself in a position to win the lawsuit lottery.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

"... Seaton thinks nothing of wasting police resources in an apparent attempt to put himself in a position to win the lawsuit lottery..."
Y'know... that actually works for me. It's unlikely that someone wins the "lawsuit lottery" out of pure chance, I can't remember the last time I saw a judge or jury casting a die to determine culpability. More likely, is that someone prevails in a law suit because the other party has done a wrong or failed to do right.

The police expend resources by putting cars on the road with radar to find drivers who are exceeding the speed limit.
The police expend resources by establishing false store fronts to find criminals fencing stolen goods or illegal drugs.
The police expend resources by dressing as defenseless women or inebriated passengers to find rapists or subway robbers.
The police expend resources by leaving 'bait cars' where criminals predisposed to steal them may easily find them.

That the police expend resources this way bothers me not at all,
and neither does it bother me that someone would present a situation to the police where an officer predisposed to bad conduct might find himself hoist by his own petard.

Just as the police have the right and authority to do everything they are legally allowed to do in order to prevail in a criminal case, Seaton has the same right to put himself in the best position to prevail in his civil cases.