• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

i thought it was a "right" in florida?

countryclubjoe

if you carry a weapon it's illegal in florida. if you have a license to carry, you are exempt from the law.

I am assuming that there was a "fee", "charge" or " tax" or possible all three? If yes, than folks in Florida and elsewhere are paying money from the fruits of their labor to exercise a natural God given right therefore in my opinion states are charging citizens to exercise their right..

Thank you Sir.

countryclubjoe

i don't need to provide an answer to any questions.

I concur Sir, speaking to LEOS or governments actors is a no no..

Until Fallschimjager denies or confirms that he is a leo or ex leo or ex government actor or current government actor, his constant queries shall go unanswered by me..

Regards Sir!

countryclubjoe

Protecting rights and suppressing them usually involve violence at some point in history. Its just the nature of the beast I guess.

I concur David,

" guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined"..... Patrick Henry...

Regards

countryclubjoe

At one time, a person could legally be owned by another person
At one time, women had no 'right' to vote
At one time, an eighteen year old had the 'right' to consume alcoholic beverages
At one time, a state had the 'right' to have a State Religion (even after the First Amendment was ratified, btw)

You have the right to free speech, but not the right to incite a riot or threaten death or serious injury.
You have the right to travel, but not the right to drive on the opposite side of the road as everyone else nor to drive a vehicle that occupies the entire roadway.
You have the right to vote (in a State election at least) but not the right to vote more than once.

You have the 'right' to bear arms in Florida Article 1, Section 8, but the right is not unlimited as the Florida Constitution states it may be regulated by law.

A right is not necessarily unlimited, much to the dismay of some.

"The right to think is indeed unlimited, However by your straw man argument it appears you flailed to exercise said right.

Fallschirjmäger

(1) In accordance with Florida Statutes 790.053 and 790.06, is a firearms license necessary for those individuals carrying for the purpose defined in Florida Statute 790.25(3)(h)?

(2) Is it legal for a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm or other weapon for self-defense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license if the weapon is securely encased?

(3) Is there anything prohibiting the carrying of a legal firearm other than a handgun (such as a rifle or shotgun that is not licensed) anywhere in a private conveyance when such firearm is being carried for a lawful use?

i don't need to provide an answer to any questions.
Well then, allow me to cure any ignorance. The answers are:
(1) No. See FS 790.25(3)(h)
(2) Yes. See 790.25 (5)
(3) No. ibid (that means 'in the same source')

See how easy that was?

Fallschirjmäger

I concur Sir, speaking to LEOS or governments[sic] actors is a no no..

Until Fallschimjager denies or confirms that he is a leo or ex leo or ex government actor or current government actor, his constant queries shall go unanswered by me..

And how ya want me to do that, Sparky?
Will you take my word for it as a gentleman and scholar that I'm not and have never been employed in any capacity as law enforcement? Oh, and that 'm not employed by any government, city, county, state, or federal.

Do you know me from Adam?

Do you want to call the local police department or Sheriff's Office? Knock y'self out (770) 781-2000 for the police and (770) 781-2222 for the county Sheriff's office. If you want one of the other counties... be patient and have a pocket full of dimes, there are only 159 of 'em in Jawja.

hammer6

Well then, allow me to cure any ignorance. The answers are:
(1) No. See FS 790.25(3)(h)
(2) Yes. See 790.25 (5)
(3) No. ibid (that means 'in the same source')

See how easy that was?

great. so in order to carry a firearm when you go to walmart, you need the government's permission slip. but if you want to carry a long gun in your car lawfully, or go hunting, fishing, or shooting you can, because the government says so?

seems like the answer to all 3, by your references, is yes.

countryclubjoe

And how ya want me to do that, Sparky?
Will you take my word for it as a gentleman and scholar that I'm not and have never been employed in any capacity as law enforcement? Oh, and that 'm not employed by any government, city, county, state, or federal.

Do you know me from Adam?

Do you want to call the local police department or Sheriff's Office? Knock y'self out (770) 781-2000 for the police and (770) 781-2222 for the county Sheriff's office. If you want one of the other counties... be patient and have a pocket full of dimes, there are only 159 of 'em in Jawja.

Yes, I will take your word, why would I not, most folks are proud of their current or past profession... While you tend to be a bit loquacious, I believe you to be a proud person.. For the record, I am not a current or past government actor..