• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

USNA69

Gotta love that first anti comment. If everybody was allowed to carry guns, we'd look like some foreign country. Which foreign country might that be? England, Australia, Germany, France, Russia, Spain, Italy? :uhoh:

Perhaps they wore out the "Bloodbath" and "Wild West" pages in the A2A Playbook and have moved on to the "Foreign Country" page.

45acpForMe

OC-ed to Exxon, Farm Fresh, Food Lion (yesterday) then Anchor Pool, Petland, Jason's Deli, Hollister, Delia's, Target, Aeropostle, Q's (today).

The woman at Anchor gave me a little kidding-around about how I would take out any robbers but she has seen me OC before and knows me. She said that she hasn't seen any other OC-ers and I mentioned that many probably CC-ed instead. Another older woman that I hadn't seen before quickly disappeared into the back once we started talking about OC-ing.

paramedic70002

OCed to my local trash collection point, there was an LEO there, from a neighboring jurisdiction (Suffolk), dumping some trash from the LEO range that sits behind the dump. Friendly conversation. Even lent me his multitool to extract a nail that went into my shoe.

Lolcanoe

OC right now at Nissan of NN. Had to bring in a car I bought from here 2 days ago. Needless to say I'm not paying for the check engine light, the f'd up cruise control that doesn't work, or the jacked up rotors that cause a real bad shimmy when you hit the brakes. Not including the messed up strut mount they had to fix the day I bought the car.

No one seems to mind the OC though.

DJEEPER

I have been OC'ing all over the ODU area (sans campus property). I carried into the miller mart where i was met by 2 Norfolk cops. Nothing said directly, but i did notice them eyeing my right quad.... They must have noticed im a cyclist. :lol:

I have also been carrying in Yorktown to food lion, subway, and in the bike shop (awesome bosses :p ).

I have been OC'ing while riding my motorcycle, too. I get some good looks from people, haha. I do notice that after they give me the googly eyes, i get a little more driving room :)

MSC 45ACP

OC right now at Nissan of NN. Had to bring in a car I bought from here 2 days ago. Needless to say I'm not paying for the check engine light, the f'd up cruise control that doesn't work, or the jacked up rotors that cause a real bad shimmy when you hit the brakes. Not including the messed up strut mount they had to fix the day I bought the car.

No one seems to mind the OC though.

I kinda "broke the ice" there a couple months ago and handed out a bunch of ED's Cards while i waited for them to do some work on my car. I was there for about 4 hours and walked around the area quite a lot. I was OCing and had a chance to talk to several salesman (who wanted to sell me a newer model of the car I already have) and a few other customers. Quite a few questions about OCing and no "negative waves" from anyone there.

They were fair about the work performed on my car and I believe honest about things. I'll definitely go back there again when/if necessary.

scratchkenny

OCed to Dicks in Williamburg looking for a good deal on some ammo. $10.00 a box (5.56) not a good deal. went on over to Best Buy was spotted the minute i walked in but no one said anything...

6L6GC

in the past week or so

I have open carried in Target, Food Lion, Taylor's Automotive Service, Bed-Bath-Beyond, Kohl's, Walmart, Super K-Mart, Sheriffs Ammo (great place by the way), 7-11, 6 Rivers Armory (another great place), Farm Fresh, daughter's apartment, our house, Exxon, and the city park. Probably other places that I can't remember at the time.

Last edited:

Pagan

I was OC this morning at 7-11. Firestone, and the Harley Davidson dealer in Grafton. No looks or negative comments, and I ended up educating two guys at firestone on OC and CC and interstate travel.

tcmech

Stopped for gas on the way to Superdads house today and while I was putting gas in the motorcycle in Deep Creek I saw another open carrier on a 600 ninja buying gas. We spoke for a few moments and he told me he had not heard of the web site. I gave him the name and told him to check it out sometime.

Lolcanoe

Just got back from the DMV and I'm the one getting money. I guess turning in my old plates was a good thing

pyite

OC last with my daughter, last Wednesday, to 7-11, Bass Pro Shop, McDonalds Garden center (Hampton, such a lovely area).

OC to my parents house yesterday but its a little more difficult now that I am on crutches. ugh.

t33j

Farm Fresh (Yorktown), Farm Fresh (Norfolk), KFC (Newport News), Total Wine (Newport News), Walmart (Yorktown), Silver Diner (Newport News), Sakura (Yorktown), Total Wine (Norfolk) - cashier's brother OCs but apparently doesn't know about OCDO. I chatted for a bit and left a card with her for her brother.

USNA69

Farm Fresh (Yorktown), Farm Fresh (Norfolk), KFC (Newport News), Total Wine (Newport News), Walmart (Yorktown), Silver Diner (Newport News), Sakura (Yorktown), Total Wine (Norfolk) - cashier's brother OCs but apparently doesn't know about OCDO. I chatted for a bit and left a card with her for her brother.

Did you get her number in exchage for the OC card :cool:

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
On Monday, I took my wife and youngest daughter to dinner at Riverwalk in Yorktown. Great dinner and relaxing river view, with no hassles at all about OC. I have carried there on at least 6-8 occasions, so I assume they are OK with it. Most restaurants in Yorktown have probably been "OC'd" so many times that the issue is likely a settled one for them. No big deal, just the way it should be.

Early in the week, I was at the McDonald's Garden Center market in Grafton, a temporary set up behind CVS. The lady in charge noticed and said to my wife "He's packing, he's packling!" with a pleasant smile on her face, and my wife replied "Yep, he always does!" A few customers looked, but again it was no big deal....

I hope I can live to see the day when such an attitude is common in say, Maryland or...(gulp)...New Jersey. I know, I must be out of my mind, but I can hope, can't I?