• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDFDE45

While it has been prohibited in the past, The Shooters Shop in West Allis no longer prohibits Open Carry. I will be happy to answer any questions that may arise.
eusa_clap.gif

samsam

Dicks IGA/ Dicks Plus... River Falls... I was so angry when the signs went up this week. :mad: Will be contacting the owner.

ArgentineBallista42

Stores are private property. They cannot infringe upon your rights because they are not government entities.

Actually I spoke with State Police, there is no requirement to have signs up, if a manager of a store or owner feels that they don't want you in there with a gun they can, by law, kick you out.

I know because I asked, I'm in Albuquerque, NM and needed to know your laws.

I joined the Wisconsin Carry, Inc. on facebook as a result of needing to know.

protias

Actually I spoke with State Police, there is no requirement to have signs up, if a manager of a store or owner feels that they don't want you in there with a gun they can, by law, kick you out.

I know because I asked, I'm in Albuquerque, NM and needed to know your laws.

I joined the Wisconsin Carry, Inc. on facebook as a result of needing to know.

The_Game was referring to government bodies, not private property.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
Well, sort of.

Fuzzy's Liquor in Sun Prairie. I have gone in numerous times before with no problems. Last night, I went in to grab a 6 pack, get to the check out, and see a "NO CONCEALED WEAPONS" sign on the front window down low. There are two men working at the checkout; one older, and one in his twenties. I say to them both: "No concealed weapons?" Then turn my strong side towards them and ask: "what about this?" (my holstered Glock 26). They both get big grins on their faces, and almost simultanously say: "It's not concealed, it's right there on your hip". The older guy then goes on to tell me that he has told the owner that the policy will cost him customers, including hunters this fall. I agreed, and said I would be back if the sign comes down. There are at least 2 other liquor stores in town; I will see if they are posted in the near future. Carry On!

protias

Fuzzy's Liquor in Sun Prairie. I have gone in numerous times before with no problems. Last night, I went in to grab a 6 pack, get to the check out, and see a "NO CONCEALED WEAPONS" sign on the front window down low. There are two men working at the checkout; one older, and one in his twenties. I say to them both: "No concealed weapons?" Then turn my strong side towards them and ask: "what about this?" (my holstered Glock 26). They both get big grins on their faces, and almost simultanously say: "It's not concealed, it's right there on your hip". The older guy then goes on to tell me that he has told the owner that the policy will cost him customers, including hunters this fall. I agreed, and said I would be back if the sign comes down. There are at least 2 other liquor stores in town; I will see if they are posted in the near future. Carry On!

Keep us posted, wait, that should say, "Keep us informed."

BROKENSPROKET

Well, it finally happened. Blain's Farm & Fleet in Hallie (Eau Claire/Chippewa Falls) is now enforcing corporate policy. Kerry Miller said he OC'd there 2-3 times without issue before he knew about their corporate policy so he decided to ask at the customer service desk.

If there is no sign on the door, do not, do not ask. This is a sad day for me.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Well, it finally happened. Blain's Farm & Fleet in Hallie (Eau Claire/Chippewa Falls) is now enforcing corporate policy. Kerry Miller said he OC'd there 2-3 times without issue before he knew about their corporate policy so he decided to ask at the customer service desk.

If there is no sign on the door, do not, do not ask. This is a sad day for me.

OK..... why in the world do people keep asking? :banghead:

M

McX

went across the street, through the s'cool zone, unarmed to the conveince store across the street from the shop, went empty holster. engaged in a lively conversation with the (i presume) owner, and asked, once i get my permit, to travel across the lake of acid know as a s'cool zone, could i carry in his store? he said you are WELCOME to carry here! I guess he appreciates the presence of a law abiding citizen in his store. I'll see if i can get him to put up the II symbol in his window to discreetly welcome other law abiding citizens.

added on edit; paid another social call over there today, gave him a wiscarry card, and a II symbol for his window.

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
went across the street, through the s'cool zone, unarmed to the conveince store across the street from the shop, went empty holster. engaged in a lively conversation with the (i presume) owner, and asked, once i get my permit, to travel across the lake of acid know as a s'cool zone, could i carry in his store? he said you are WELCOME to carry here! I guess he appreciates the presence of a law abiding citizen in his store. I'll see if i can get him to put up the II symbol in his window to discreetly welcome other law abiding citizens.

added on edit; paid another social call over there today, gave him a wiscarry card, and a II symbol for his window.

I think after Wisconsin's carry law is in effect for a few months, you will start seeing more of these sentiments:

Note: The person shown is a member on the Michigan section... even though the article is about concealed carry:
http://www.freep.com/article/201107...apons-law-unclear-why-many-state-were-gun-shy

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Small Correction:

The wholesale store that invites policemen to shoot their members is Costco.

Cosco is a shipping container line, though I admit I do not know the policy they have though they are not exactly a place the public frequents.

TFred

I think after Wisconsin's carry law is in effect for a few months, you will start seeing more of these sentiments:

Note: The person shown is a member on the Michigan section... even though the article is about concealed carry:
http://www.freep.com/article/201107...apons-law-unclear-why-many-state-were-gun-shy
It's absolutely pathetic reading these articles where the anti-gun zealots, who simply cannot accept the fact that "shall-issue" does reduce crime, have to make up, contort and distort every little excuse they can think of to "explain away" the fact that shall-issue societies are safer.

The articles mentioned a couple of times that permit holders are more law-abiding than the general population... I can't remember the cite, but I've read that permit holders are more law abiding than police officers, when you compare the two general populations.

It would be hilarious to watch the antis try to explain that away!

TFred

Status
Not open for further replies.