• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resdon111

I'm at Schooner'S Pub in Port Washington right now. They have a no guns sign inside on the wall, nothing at the doors.

Protias, I think you missed Aurora and North Shore on your last update :)

protias

I'm at Schooner'S Pub in Port Washington right now. They have a no guns sign inside on the wall, nothing at the doors.

Protias, I think you missed Aurora and North Shore on your last update :)

I have them in the corporate section.

Last edited:

Sorcice

Not sure what being a LEO has to do with anything, but I'm glad it was resolved immediately. :monkey

The guard was under the impression he could enforce his own rule. He was harassing a lot of customers for as little reason as eating while black. Even followed customers into the bathroom. This guys gonna get sued soon. The whole time I was there I was watching the manager put out his fires. She asked if I could reply to the email recieved from ken the district manager as an observer to the dumbassery so I obliged.

DamageInc

my favorite local pizza place....................POSTED!

i will be dropping by there this week to give them the no gun no money card, get their address, return here and list them.

now i have to find another pizza joint here in town with the pizza i like. i am heartbroken.

Derango's Pizza, 3 mile and Douglas- Racine- POSTED.

Dude, no offense, but their pizza sucks on 3 Mile. Drop off the card and then go straight to the Derangos on 6 Mile, much better pizza!

DamageInc

Please post here stores (and their locations) that infringe upon our rights. Hopefully we can get them changed.

No Guns = No Money Cards

Front: http://www.learntocarry.com/nogunsnomoney/NoGunsNoMoney-Variety.pdf

NoGunsNoMoney-Variety.gif

Back: http://www.pdfhost.net/index.php?Action=Download&File=614b2d5bc0d2a39594ca79dd416fb7d1

23jpug9.jpg

Order from http://www.uvcards.com/BLACK-FRIDAY...ium=email&mc_cid=93a9b9fb24&mc_eid=83a67bdfff as they are very cheap.

Is there a direct link to those cards on the UV site, or do you have to submit a version of the card that you want when you order them?

DamageInc

I went to Shooters yesterday for some range time and chose not to open carry in the store as I was a little short on time, so I figured that as long as I would be loading and shooting as soon as I got in, I just grabbed my cased weapons and when in. Plus the fact that the parking lot was practically empty, so, being at "Shooters", I honestly had no fear of armed confrintaion where I felt the need to carry for "Security" I got a lane and they noticed the empty holster on my hip plus I was wearing my new Wisconsin Carry hat :banana:. The clerk (younger guy) leaned over the counter and said that he had noticed my holster and was checking if it had a gun...?? I told him that I am a OC'er but I had left my weapon (XD .40) in the case as I was going to be shooting soon anyway. I also had my other handgun (Taurus Judge) with me and asked about future visits OC as to not to have to carry two cased guns in with me. Basically he said that they like to keep all loaded weapons behind the glass in the range area. By that time a second (older) employee joined the conversation and kinda tried to make a joke that if I had a badge OC would be ok. I asked him so LEO get special treatment and I was sure that he was aware that OC was legal and a constitutional right for any law abing citizen. He again joked about that he was pretty sure a LEO was not going to shoot them...?? So I said that I was 100% certain that I was not going to shoot him either. He then went into the reason (excuse) that if anybody complains too much about their policy that he explains that if you go to any rifle range that none will allow carrying a loaded weapon (I assumed he meant a long gun) until you were on the range ready to shoot. I replined (with a smile) that I was not "complaining" just giving him a hard time... We both chuckled. They younger guy thanked me for not OC'ing without checking first.

I know, I know, do not give any place a chance to say no... OC first and then deal with whatever happens after that.. but I had planned on shooting there again (until I can find another place) and just wanted to ensure a freindly atmosphere next time I was there. I think I accomplished that goal. Now I will be looking a lot hard for a new (and closer) place to shoot. I already have a couple of possibilities.

Finally, although I TOTALLY disagree with the policy and their weak explanations, I realize that Shooters is a private facility open to the public and as much as I have a right to OC, they have the right to set their policies....:banghead:

I have read a report here that conflicts with the above report so I guess it kinda all depends on who's behind the counter and how well they know you...???

Outdoorsma1

It is also worth nothing that they have had two suicides in their range in the last couple of years, and it's probably made them a bit edgy...

protias

Is there a direct link to those cards on the UV site, or do you have to submit a version of the card that you want when you order them?

I have not submitted the card format to them. That is merely a template to use.

M

McX

i wonder if one could get away with; the gun pictured in the no gun symbol isnt the type/model of gun i have, so i thought they only banned that particular type/ model of gun?

alandh

Thinking of oc tomarrow.

I am going shopping tomarrow with the fam and am thinking of oc for the first time. I am nervouse because i will be taking my 3 children ages 13 4 and 10 mo. I am going to kohls and to menards. i do not anticipate a problem but i have one concern. Im pretty sure i understand the new law so when i put my firearm in my vehicle i know i have to take it off but i do not need to unload it or put it in the case right? i am thinking of puting it under the back seat of my truck where the kids obviously cannot get it. Am i correct in my thinking? Thanks for any advise.

protias

I am going shopping tomarrow with the fam and am thinking of oc for the first time. I am nervouse because i will be taking my 3 children ages 13 4 and 10 mo. I am going to kohls and to menards. i do not anticipate a problem but i have one concern. Im pretty sure i understand the new law so when i put my firearm in my vehicle i know i have to take it off but i do not need to unload it or put it in the case right? i am thinking of puting it under the back seat of my truck where the kids obviously cannot get it. Am i correct in my thinking? Thanks for any advise.

For Madistan, I would recommend following the old rules as I'm sure some overzealous LEO (I know they are rare in Madistan /sarcasm) would say it was concealed even though under Act 35, having to unload and encase is no longer needed. Don't forget to bring a recording device with you for your own protection.

Last edited:

alandh

For Madistan, I would recommend following the old rules as I'm sure some overzealous LEO (I know they are rare in Madistan /sarcasm) would say it was concealed even though under Act 35, having to unload and encase is no longer needed. Don't forget to bring a recording device with you for your own protection.

Well maybe its not even worth it then. Like i said i am taking my 3 kids and dont want to have to unload reload in the parking lot. My ccw will be here soon hopefully.

MKEgal

protias said:
Looks like I'll just have to go to Walgreens to get my drugs instead of the Pharmacy.
I've been using an Aurora pharmacy for probably 5 years now, even OC'd several times, & this last time I went to pick up refills I find they're posted. :cuss:
And I hate Walgreen's. Only use them in emergencies when nothing else is open.
Feel similarly about Wal-Mart.
So... what pharmacy in the Milwaukee area is still available to me?

alandh said:
Well maybe its not even worth it then. Like i said i am taking my 3 kids...
:banghead:

According to someone on the WI Carry FB page, Taco Bell in Delavan posted.
I added them to www.friendorfoe.us

1462 E Geneva St.; Delavan, WI; 53115; (262) 740-0534
1-800-TACO BELL
http://www.tacobell.com/legal/feedback

What I sent:
According to a friend who intended to spend money in your store tonight, you have anti-rights signs on the doors, prohibiting lawfully-armed citizens from doing business there. WI law says that by doing that TB has given up its immunity from liability when something happens. I've spent money there before, but won't again until the signs are removed. You're not preventing crime, only stopping the good people (who obey laws) from entering.

rimmer

I was in Walgreen's last night and between both sets of doors there is a big sign. " Arm Yourself", get a flu shot.
I had a good laugh.
oscar

Jason in WI

Im pretty sure i understand the new law so when i put my firearm in my vehicle i know i have to take it off but i do not need to unload it or put it in the case right?

This really isn't the thread for this but, while the law says you can have a loaded pistol in your vehicle now as long as its not concealed; it must still be unloaded and in a case when your in a Gun Free School Zone if you are not a licensee.

I know in the Milwaukee area where im from, it is very hard to travel more then a few blocks without being in the magical 1000' from a school.

Edited to add:
Welcome to the fourm! :D

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

alandh

This really isn't the thread for this but, while the law says you can have a loaded pistol in your vehicle now as long as its not concealed; it must still be unloaded and in a case when your in a Gun Free School Zone if you are not a licensee.

I know in the Milwaukee area where im from, it is very hard to travel more then a few blocks without being in the magical 1000' from a school.

Edited to add:
Welcome to the fourm! :D

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I know this isnt the right forum for this but thought i would get a good answer here. So what your saying is if its concealed and not in my reach it still has to be unloaded and in a case? I do not have my ccw yet still waiting. Thanks for the help.

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
So... what pharmacy in the Milwaukee area is still available to me?

Go to the pharmacy at Shopko. The one here in Madison I use is not posted (entire store not posted). I even OC'd there just last week.

My wife works for Shopko (local management) and according to her there is no corporate policy either for or against firearms with no plans on making one, as far as she knows...

Although posting here about it probably jinxed us.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Harbor Freight in Shopko Plaza shopping center in Schofield, WI is posted no weapons.
After I received the below, I added the Green Bay location to friendorfoe.us

Hello,
Per the District Manager armed customers are not allowed in the store. I
think you will find that any business that has a cash register will not
allow an armed customer on their premises.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
805-388-1000

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:09 AM
To: Customer Service
Subject: Armed customer

Wisconsin's gun laws have changed with the 1 November enactment of
Wisconsin 2011 Act 35.

Is an armed customer welcome at Harbor Freight's Green Bay store?

Your response will be added to the FriendOrFoe.us database.

Thank you.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Posted no guns:
Hann's Christmas Farm
848 Tipperary Road
Oregon WI (south of Madison)

I did send them an email today letting them know about the liability and that criminals don't abey signs.

I will be doing the same tomorrow. I went in and out pass their little entrance building after driving through the parking area. I doubt anyone noticed the shotgun lying uncased (unloaded) on the back seat. Practical example for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.