• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB234: The Final Countdown

~*'Phoenix'*~

This is just an ugly mess, trash it unless they get rid of boggie's amendment. Not worth trying to figure out it's changes

rvrctyrngr

Tired....me too, but that language is in 790.06 which, now (with the removal of the Open Carry language), only applies to concealed carry. The revised 790.053 still generally prohibit open carry.

This language is another complete waste of ink.

It's already legal for CWFL holders to carry a pistol, concealed, on their person, in a car.

It is also legal to carry concealed, or openly carry, a long gun in a car.

And it has been legal for as long as I can remember to keep a firearm in you car, securely encased, most anywhere in the state. Noted exceptions listed it my post above or another one of the threads...too tired to recall where I put those. Had to do with the mischaracterization of the scope of 790.251.

The new verbiage states those licensed to carry concealed may 'carry or store', doesn't say may 'concealed carry or store'. 790.251 only applies to concealed carry licensees, as well. I'll be a test case for that, if it comes down to it. Never been arrested, might be interesting.

Get some rest, bro. I think we all need some.

Terminal Velocity

I know I can build a giant aluminum box that straps to my leg which my AMD-65 fits into and is entirely concealed.

They asked for it....

lol... I was just thinking this but in a different direction, mainly the German Luger direction...

rulez8bn.gif
Fully concealed, no imprinting or mapping....
ohsnap1.gif

51JDdN7JadL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:

Terminal Velocity

Another rally or open carry march we can also do is everybody meet at a specific place that is not to far from a fishing spot
(1 or 2 Miles, further if everybody is able) and walk to and from said fishing spot while open carrying. but in order to make
the statement we would need a lot of open carriers.
The fish rallies before were fine but we really need to be overly outspoken about this and show it. We need to stop relying on others
to get this done and start marches/protest every day/weekend. Heck I hate fishing and I am willing. Heck I even hate walking...

I'm in Bro, set it up!

brboyer

The new verbiage states those licensed to carry concealed may 'carry or store', doesn't say may 'concealed carry or store'. 790.251 only applies to concealed carry licensees, as well. I'll be a test case for that, if it comes down to it. Never been arrested, might be interesting.

Get some rest, bro. I think we all need some.

When you wake up in the morning, you'll agree with me!

The new verbiage states those licensed to carry concealed may 'carry or store', doesn't say may 'concealed carry or store'.
Yeah, now it's completely superflous...CWFL holders could always carry concealed in their car. And despite what several other less informed folks think it's not illegal to keep a securely encased firearm in one's car in 98.6% of the state. This statute does not supersede that other 1.4% anyway.....so it's a waste of ink.

It does not include any reference to open carry, so 790.053 wins. Even as revised, 790.053 still continues to make it unlawful to open carry in your car....unless it is brief, and not intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner.

rvrctyrngr

When you wake up in the morning, you'll agree with me!

Yeah, now it's completely superflous...CWFL holders could always carry concealed in their car. And despite what several other less informed folks think it's not illegal to keep a securely encased firearm in one's car in 98.6% of the state. This statute does not supersede that other 1.4% anyway.....so it's a waste of ink.

It does not include any reference to open carry, so 790.053 wins. Even as revised, 790.053 still continues to make it unlawful to open carry in your car....unless it is brief, and not intentionally displayed in an angry or threatening manner.

Yeah...I'm probably reaching. I was told this in the heat of the Senate debate yesterday before you joined the call.

However, my commute to work is a 'brief' 5 miles! :dude:

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
why in the sam dickens would they pass they accept something with the word BRIEF!?!?!? WTF DOES THAT MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deserteagle50

Fox 13 juat ran a story on the open carry bill and stated that "legislaters behind this bill stated that they never intended to allow citizens to open carry guns:eek:

nigmalg

why in the sam dickens would they pass they accept something with the word BRIEF!?!?!? WTF DOES THAT MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Brief" means whatever the test cases try.

Edit: It wouldn't be unrealistic to say a drive to work is brief, as that's one of the various arguments made in the committee hearings about why "intentional" exposure should be protected when removing a jacket to get in a car.

Last edited:

nigmalg

The legislature has a much bigger problem that it realizes anyway. A problem that wouldn't have been solved by the passage of licensed open carry.

How long before someone with a few bucks decides to sue for "poll-tax" violations with the concealed weapon permit fee, in additional to the limitations placed on having to concealed carry a smaller, less efficient weapon?

The eleventh circuit is just waiting to see what all this "bear arms" business is about in our lovely bill of rights.

77zach

The legislature has a much bigger problem that it realizes anyway. A problem that wouldn't have been solved by the passage of licensed open carry.

How long before someone with a few bucks decides to sue for "poll-tax" violations with the concealed weapon permit fee, in additional to the limitations placed on having to concealed carry a smaller, less efficient weapon?

The eleventh circuit is just waiting to see what all this "bear arms" business is about in our lovely bill of rights.

Great mystery. A challenge would fail, but at least we would expose their criminality. By no stretch of the imagination is permitted concealed carry AND a ban on open carry constitutional.

~*'Phoenix'*~

I'm in broward and go to Dania Beach frequenty, I think it's in Boggie's district. Planning to start wearing an empty holster and a "Bogdanoff betrayed me!" posterboard.

~*'Phoenix'*~

HAHA how despicable! He's still against it even when the FSA is pacified by 234's castration?

Well... if I could see it as him protesting this evil travesty of an amendment, I would respect him for his no vote. I DO WANT TO SEE IT FAIL IF IT LACKS OC.

But... I know him better now. I know he's not trying to protect 2a rights, concealed carriers, or open carry. He seems to just completely hate everything about guns.
Makes democrats look good.

Willm3053

I'm in broward and go to Dania Beach frequenty, I think it's in Boggie's district. Planning to start wearing an empty holster and a "Bogdanoff betrayed me!" posterboard.

Hey, I'd buy one if you make one. Maybe add "betrayed the law abiding citizens of FL" something along those lines.

Sent from my HTC EVO!