• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by MadisonRebel

1. M

Received police report from Madison PD on my detainment from three weeks ago

imported post I have three people who can testify to the following: 1. When asked what the holster was for, I replied "lawfully open carrying". When asked if I was "exercising my second amendment rights", I replied "self defense". I did not confirm their statement about exercising anything...
  2. M

Detained for Open Carrying at Metcalfe's Sentry in Madison

imported post I'm just going to go straight into it while it's as fresh in my memory as it's going to be. Two friends came to stay for the weekend, and we decided to go to the local Sentry to get stuff for dinner. I have open carried at this Sentry for months, without issue, even talking to...
  3. M

Has anyone from Wisconsin OC'd in Indiana?

imported post I'm going to be visiting a friend in a few weeks, and I had planned to OC while there. I asked about the rules regarding out-of-staters in the Indiana forum, and finally got a response regarding out-of-state permits, which I had already heard. The thing is, we don't have permits...
  4. M

A few OC stops in Madison

imported post Headed to the parents' in Darien, WI to see my dad for Father's Day, and made a few stops going and coming back. First, I stopped at Walgreens on my way there, to get a card. I noticed a man using the photo booth computer stared a bit, rather unsure what to make of what was on my...
  5. M

Traveling from Wisconsin to Indiana - How can I OC?

imported post I'm going to be visiting a buddy of mine sometime later this summer, and from what I've read, I'm led to believe that out-of-state OCers are subject to their own states' position on OC. Is this right? If so, would that mean I don't need to do anything to OC since Wisconsin doesn't...
  6. M

First OC in Madison

imported post I decided to take the advice of many who had said I should simply OC, and not talk to the management about their feelings about it. After an hour or so at the Deerfield Pistol Range with my father, we stopped at the Metcalfe's Sentry at the corner of University and Midvale. He...
  7. M

Told by grocery store manager I can CC in his store...legal?

imported post So, after Van Hollen's recent announcement, I decided to start OCing myself. I'm young, just out of college, and don't have much money, so the concept of dealing with Brad Krause's situation frankly scared me off of OCing before, particularly living in Madison. Despite living in...