• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by mirwin

1. M

Why Afghanistan will always have firearms.

imported post An interesting video I thought some of you would enjoy. http://www.vbs.tv/full_screen.php?s=DGFE2305DC&sc=1363196
  2. M

Famous quotes concerning the 2nd Amendment

imported post Differing opinions from common anti's about the meaning behind the 2nd amendment. Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are...
  3. M

Alcohol and open carry

imported post I realize that alcohol and firearms are by no means something that needs mixing. However, I was wondering what the law currently states on going to dinner and having a beer with dinner while carrying a firearm. Does it specifically state that you have to be within the means of...
  4. M

College Student CHP permit, resident of VA

imported post I am going to be applying for my CHP very soon in Fairfax County. I am currently a student at Ohio State University but my permanent place of residency is in northern VA. When the application asks for my address, and wants me to list all address for the last 2 years, will that...
  5. M

concealed backup knife

imported post Does anyone use a knife, as a backup, that is completely hidden and hardly ever used as a tool? I have been looking for a good backup knife that I can conceal to the back of my belt that I use for a 'last-ditch effort.' I have heard great things about www.hideawayknife.com as...
  6. M

Illegal / Legal holster - Restaurants

imported post I have been searching around for the specific answer to this question and can't find it. I often conceal carry and am interested in beginning to open carry more often and was wondering if my IWB COMP-TAC MTAC holster would be sufficient for open carrying in restaurants with an...