• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by OfficerMatt

1. O

Claiming ownership of abandoned firearms.

Okay, so interesting question. My previous roommate left behind his Sig 226 for me to hold onto since he was moving to washington and he was not able to take it with him until he was able to become a resident of washington. (he did not have any permit so he was worried about having it on him)...
  2. O

Harassed at Smiths on 828 S 900 W FOR THE THIRD TIME

imported post Okay as my previous posts have stated i have been harassed a few times at Smiths near my house and i just got harassed again, this time by two undercover "security" personnel. One of them came up behind me really close and went for his left pocket with his right hand. He was lucky...
  3. O

Quick question

imported post I went to the PMAA range today with a bunch of friend and saw that in the office they were selling hats that said Salt Lake City Police" on them. No my question is could it possibly be misconstrued as impersonating an officer while wearing said hat and openly carrying my firearm...
  4. O

OC in the liquor store on 21st south.

imported post Just wanted to say that i had a good OC at the liquor store on 21st south. I walked in and it was very busy and i noticed an officer standing guard by the door, and i went about my business without a word from anyone or from the officer. Better than the OC at Smiths. As a...
  5. O

Harassed at Smiths on 828 S 900 W

imported post So, I decided that after getting off work tonight that i would go to the store and get something for dinner as i usually do every couple of nights, so i grabbed my gun and drove to the Smiths. I entered the store and got a basket as usual, and was chatting to my friends who were...
  6. O

New 1911 from the gun show today?

imported post Well today is my birthday and the gun show was on the same day so its been awesome! I decided to buy a 1911 from the Get some guns and ammo table. I filled out all my paperwork and was excited because i honestly got a really good deal. However when the guy called BCI to check me...
  7. O

Holsters.

imported post Hey everyone, since i have my new XDm .40 i have been carrying like everywhere i go now. I have a LOT of positive comments about it too which is nice to hear. One problem, with the holster that came with the weapon, when i wear it, the little metal things on my pants near my hip...