• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Pulp

1. P

Gonna be lots of open carry at Woolaroc Museum this week-end

A big Cowboy Action Match will be held there Saturday! If you're in the area come on in and watch me make a fool of myself with my CAS guns. Just ask for Pulp.
  2. P

Interesting open carry experience.

I went into Robbins RV near Idabel Friday week ago. A customer at the parts counter said, "You know I'm a LEO and you're the first person I've seen carrying open since the law passed, and I want to thank you for supporting the 2nd Amendment." I thought that was really nice.
  3. P

Finally, someone asked me about my gun.

I was in the Hugo WalMart today buying a box of ammo. They actually had two boxes of .45ACP. Anyway, the clerk said, "Your hammer is back." "Pardon?" says I. "Your hammer is back, why do you carry it like that?" So pointed out the grip safety, told him about the thumb safety, and how...
  4. P

Found some .22LR yesterday only $84.00/1000.

OK,OK. It was a brick of Navy Arms brand at an antique store in Burlington. NC. Good deal for a collector, but not for me.
  5. P

H G and H sporting goods

Might not be the right place for this but if you're in the Hickory, Newton, Conover area it's a good place to visit. They had .223, 5.56, and .45ACP today. Staff was friendly to an Okie just visiting. I did buy a scope and .45ACP brass. Good selection of bullets, powder and some primers...
  6. P

Okie in NC question

I'm in NC for a week or so and just have a couple of questions. Am I correct that any restaurant that serves alcohol is off limits for CC? In Oklahoma you just can't go into the bar area. Also, I think I read about theaters are off limits. I'm going to the Arlo Guthrie concert in Durham...
  7. P

Photo of some penetration/expansion tests of rimfire bullets

All of these bullets were fired into water jugs. I had two of the large kitty litter jugs end to end. That's 18 inches of water total. None penetrated both jugs, all bullets were recovered from the second jug. That means none meet the FBI minimum standard. From left to right: CCI Stinger...